does testosterone alone cause out of whack liver values (going on accutane)

nidalee_00

i've had bad acne from long before steroids, the doctor actually brought it up near the end and said (you haven't used steroids, have you)

and i stupidly said no, i guess i should of said if i was on or not

but he sent me for blood work and i have an appointment next week to see if my liver values are good? enough to go

any idea if they'll check testosterone too? hope not.

Hard to say man. What are you taking? Id suspect test only at more moderate doses no. I dont usually have liver value issues unless im running an injectable cycle with tren or winny in it. Otherwise I am fine. Now when I have oral they understandably always increase it is just a matter of how much.

Do you have the requisition form for what the blood work will be checking for? If you do youll be able to see if he requested your T levels to be checked (the box will be checked). Its not usually something doctors will check for but it might be in your case. Hard to say.

I can't say from a study, however, I been running 500-750mg test e for a long time now.
I do bloods often. I'm also on accutane, about 40mg ED. Been running it for a long time as well.

My liver values are not high at all, actually in great range. Especially if you choose to use NAC 1.2-1.8G

from my exp, test should not effect enzymes.

Only if you're taking a c-17 alpha alkylated form of testosterone. Injections and transdermals don't hit the liver at all, and are not hepatotoxic. He was probably thinking (like most uneducated) of orals, or maybe glucosteroids/corticosteroids. ;)

wow some smart dudes on here, there wasn't even a box for t on the blood test sheet, at all

i'm only on a 250 mg a week right now

Have you decided whether to tell him the truth if he pushes for an answer again? Some on here are able to work with their doctor knowing about AAS use. And some on here do not want any record of it on paper. Others on here can give you their opinions if you ask. :)

I picked a doctor whom understands aas usage because it's important to have professional help if shit goes sideways, for whatever reason. That said, some doc's don't like aas and won't have anything to do with it. Question your doc on how they feel about it, that'll give you a starting point for discussing it.

Back