Does Testosterone Potentiate Nicotine?

SteroidalOpiate

Might sound a silly question but I jumped back on a test e cycle after being off for a good 2 years.

Now every single 4mg nicotine mint that I have causes a tightness in my chest. A bit like someone squeezing my chest. And a little shortness of breathe.

Lasts for 30 minutes to 1 hour after having a nicotine mint. Very similar to nicotine OD symptoms.

I’m injecting pharmacom testosterone enanthate 500mg / ml.

A little painful but it’s not so bad as I’m only Injecting 0.5ml twice a week. I’ve tried a shot at 1.5ml and that was crippling lol

There is a Direct Link to Smoking and Increased Total and Free Testosterone Levels.
It does seem to vary somewhat with the Individual, and the Data is also Conflicting over numerous studies................ JP

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

Abstract
Previous studies have suggested that testosterone levels are linked to a variety of diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, type-2 diabetes, the metabolic syndrome, erectile dysfunction, depression, stroke and osteoporosis. Since cigarette smoking is a major health problem and highly prevalent among men, several groups have studied the effects of cigarette smoking on testosterone levels in men. However, the results have been conflicting. Our objectives were to examine the association of cigarette smoking and serum levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), total testosterone (TT) and free testosterone (FT) in a large male population. Data from 2,021 men (989 nonsmokers and 1,032 smokers), aged 20-69, were collected from the Fangchenggang Area Male Health and Examination survey using an in-person interview and self-administered questionnaires from September to December, 2009. We have found the following: (a) smokers had significantly higher TT and FT levels compared to nonsmokers, even after stratification as per age, BMI, triglycerides and alcohol consumption. (b) Both TT (r = -0.083, P <0.001) and FT (r = -0.271, P <0.001) levels were negatively correlated to the amount of tobacco exposure. (c) Smoking was an independent influencing factor for the levels of both TT (unadjusted OR = 1.64, 95% CI: 1.33-2.01, P <0.001; adjusted OR = 1.69, 95% CI: 1.34-2.13, P <0.001) and FT (unadjusted OR = 1.32, 95% CI: 1.08-1.61, P = 0.007; adjusted OR = 1.27, 95% CI: 1-1.61, P = 0.050) levels in multivariate logistic regression models before and after adjusting for age, BMI, fasting blood glucose, triglycerides, alcohol consumption and estradiol. (d) Smoking was not found to be an independent predictor of SHBG level after adjustment for confounders in multivariate regression model (P >0.05), although a positive association between increasing pack-years and SHBG level was observed (r = 0.174, P <0.001). More research is needed to elucidate the biological mechanisms and clinical significance of these associations.

There is a Direct Link to Smoking and Increased Total and Free Testosterone Levels.
It does seem to vary somewhat with the Individual, and the Data is also Conflicting over numerous studies................ JP

https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24457405

Abstract
Previous studies have suggested that testosterone levels are linked to a variety of diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, type-2 diabetes, the metabolic syndrome, erectile dysfunction, depression, stroke and osteoporosis. Since cigarette smoking is a major health problem and highly prevalent among men, several groups have studied the effects of cigarette smoking on testosterone levels in men. However, the results have been conflicting. Our objectives were to examine the association of cigarette smoking and serum levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), total testosterone (TT) and free testosterone (FT) in a large male population. Data from 2,021 men (989 nonsmokers and 1,032 smokers), aged 20-69, were collected from the Fangchenggang Area Male Health and Examination survey using an in-person interview and self-administered questionnaires from September to December, 2009. We have found the following: (a) smokers had significantly higher TT and FT levels compared to nonsmokers, even after stratification as per age, BMI, triglycerides and alcohol consumption. (b) Both TT (r = -0.083, P <0.001) and FT (r = -0.271, P <0.001) levels were negatively correlated to the amount of tobacco exposure. (c) Smoking was an independent influencing factor for the levels of both TT (unadjusted OR = 1.64, 95% CI: 1.33-2.01, P <0.001; adjusted OR = 1.69, 95% CI: 1.34-2.13, P <0.001) and FT (unadjusted OR = 1.32, 95% CI: 1.08-1.61, P = 0.007; adjusted OR = 1.27, 95% CI: 1-1.61, P = 0.050) levels in multivariate logistic regression models before and after adjusting for age, BMI, fasting blood glucose, triglycerides, alcohol consumption and estradiol. (d) Smoking was not found to be an independent predictor of SHBG level after adjustment for confounders in multivariate regression model (P >0.05), although a positive association between increasing pack-years and SHBG level was observed (r = 0.174, P <0.001). More research is needed to elucidate the biological mechanisms and clinical significance of these associations.

Very interesting. I don’t actually smoke now but do use lots of nicotine mints. On average I consume around 100mg of nicotine throughout the day.

It seems to have settled down now. Do you think it could just have been my body’s natural response to increasing my testosterone levels so quickly?

Because my testosterone has been very low for the last 2 years around 12.9. Then obviously my levels would have soured after jumping on cycle.

Hello :wavey: I just wanna welcome you to Steroidology.

Now listen your Q's,... well sorry I din't even come close to understanding :Pat: the material. lol :laugh:But it is interesting. Gotta say it's just kinda over my silly head. :scratchhe

I'm glad "jp" could join in with material. Thanks for your input and stick around , learn what you can and share more with us if you will.:bigok:

OMM

Very interesting. I don***8217;t actually smoke now but do use lots of nicotine mints. On average I consume around 100mg of nicotine throughout the day.

It seems to have settled down now. Do you think it could just have been my body***8217;s natural response to increasing my testosterone levels so quickly?

Because my testosterone has been very low for the last 2 years around 12.9. Then obviously my levels would have soured after jumping on cycle.

100 Mg of Nicotine a Day is quite a bit.
When you consider that the Average Cigarette has 12 Mg.
Cigarettes contain between 8 to 20 Mg per Cigarette.

So I do think that it was affecting your Test Levels, if only for a short while.
When you are getting all that Nicotine at once.

Your Body has most likely gotten use to it over time, and that's why the Sides have diminished.................... JP

100 Mg of Nicotine a Day is quite a bit.
When you consider that the Average Cigarette has 12 Mg.
Cigarettes contain between 8 to 20 Mg per Cigarette.

So I do think that it was affecting your Test Levels, if only for a short while.
When you are getting all that Nicotine at once.

Your Body has most likely gotten use to it over time, and that's why the Sides have diminished.................... JP

I've been vaping a bit lately and they range from 0 to 24mg nicotine per ml. You'll have to smoke a lot to finish a ml in one day. And that strength is quite high, 6mg is normally enough for me.
With that said, i'm sure I'm way above 100mg nicotine per day since I consume 1.5 boxes of chewing tobacco per day, not the american kind though.

nicotene and caffeine do work in synergy for increased thermogenic effect though, similar to how ephedrine and caffeine interact. So a theoretical ECN stack could produce nice fat burning gainz.

Very interesting. I don***8217;t actually smoke now but do use lots of nicotine mints. On average I consume around 100mg of nicotine throughout the day.

It seems to have settled down now. Do you think it could just have been my body***8217;s natural response to increasing my testosterone levels so quickly?

hmm, that is alot of nicotine in my opinion since its all synthetic and still keeps you hooked.
why not cut back on caffeine?

have you checked your BP? and cigaretes these days dont even have tabacco anymore, might be the gasoline in your cigs.

thats about normal for a man. Can you share your stats? when was this reading taken?

That BP reading was about 3 days ago.

Honestly my BP constantly fluctuates between 122/70 and 140/90. I can take it and get 122/70 then take it again 10 minutes later and get 140/90. My blood pressure machine is accurate as it’s medically certified and I’ve tested it on other people. The highest my BP has been this week, one off reading was 145/107.

Current cycle: 500mg testosterone enanthate weekly.

24 year old Male... Weight 195lbs last I checked, height 5'11", bf 13%

Cycle history... 5 Cycles in total mostly with just dianabol and testosterone. Think the most I ever ran was 1000mg a week but could be higher....

These cycles was a good few years ago as I had a 2 year natty gap between starting my current cycle.

Cycle 1 500mg test ew 1-14 weeks
Cycle 2 800mg test ew 1-16 weeks
Cycle 3 500mg test ew 1-12 40mg dbol ed 1-4 weeks
Cycle 4 1000mg test ew (could have been more) 1-14 weeks
Cycle 5 750mg test ew 1-20+ weeks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously ~ 5 Cycles is a lot for only 24 years old.

This could be a reason why you are Prone to Elevated Blood Pressure.
As 140/90 is considered High Blood Pressure by any Standard and Needs Immediate Attention.

So you need to Get Back to the Basics.
And Look at everything that you are doing as far as AAS/Ancillaries/Over the Counter Meds/Prescription Meds.
And lastly your Diet, as this is the Area that makes the Largest Impact on BP.

What are you Eating ?
Are you making everything from Scratch, or are you eating Fast Food, and Meals from a Box.
If so, this is the Problem, as Fast Food and Prepared Meals have Extremely High Sodium Contents.
If you are doing All the Above Correctly ~ See a Doctor.......................... JP
P.S.
Guidelines since 2017.

The guidelines state that for blood pressures above a figure of 115/75 mmHg, every rise of 20/10 mmHg doubles the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Since 2017, the American Heart Association (AHA) has advised that high blood pressure should be treated at 130/80 rather than 140/90.

The overall guidelines for high blood pressure received an update in December 2013, drawing from the evidence to recommend that anyone aged 60 years or more with hypertension should aim for a blood pressure level of less than 150/90 mmHg.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270644.php

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously ~ 5 Cycles is a lot for only 24 years old.

This could be a reason why you are Prone to Elevated Blood Pressure.
As 140/90 is considered High Blood Pressure by any Standard and Needs Immediate Attention.

So you need to Get Back to the Basics.
And Look at everything that you are doing as far as AAS/Ancillaries/Over the Counter Meds/Prescription Meds.
And lastly your Diet, as this is the Area that makes the Largest Impact on BP.

What are you Eating ?
Are you making everything from Scratch, or are you eating Fast Food, and Meals from a Box.
If so, this is the Problem, as Fast Food and Prepared Meals have Extremely High Sodium Contents.
If you are doing All the Above Correctly ~ See a Doctor.......................... JP
P.S.
Guidelines since 2017.

The guidelines state that for blood pressures above a figure of 115/75 mmHg, every rise of 20/10 mmHg doubles the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Since 2017, the American Heart Association (AHA) has advised that high blood pressure should be treated at 130/80 rather than 140/90.

The overall guidelines for high blood pressure received an update in December 2013, drawing from the evidence to recommend that anyone aged 60 years or more with hypertension should aim for a blood pressure level of less than 150/90 mmHg.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/270644.php

I know 5 cycles is a lot for my age but I started young, really young. So they haven’t exactly been one after the other. I taken a 2 year gap between my last cycle and this current testosterone cycle. A full 2 years natty!

I have a pretty good idea what’s causing the high blood pressure. I think it’s a combination of diet and nicotine.

I quit smoking about 6 months ago then got hooked on nicotine mints. I use the strongest nicotine mints (4mg). The packaging states a maximum of 15 nicotine mints of 4mg can be used in 24 hours. Currently I provabaly have around 25-30 of them in my 17 hour days!

If I’m right my BP spikes up for around an hour after each nicotine mint. That’s probably how I got the 145/107 reading.

Now I admit my diets bad. Most days I consume 200g of milk chocolate at breakfast. I also don’t cook so eat lots of packet sandwiches, pot noodles and some takeaways each week.

But I’m at a bit of a loss because I can’t cook the majority of my meals due to being out the house for work between the hours of 8am and 11.30pm at night. And my jobs door to door so most my days of food has to be from local shops and supermarkets. I can’t carry a backpack or anything throughout the day either as it’s company policy: suit and tie only.

Is it dangerous to train and lift weights with 140/90 blood pressure?

It’s probabaly not related but I’m also getting really sore neck and back pain when breathing in. Literally at the lower side of the side of my neck.

Last edited:
I know 5 cycles is a lot for my age but I started young, really young. So they haven***8217;t exactly been one after the other. I taken a 2 year gap between my last cycle and this current testosterone cycle. A full 2 years natty!

I have a pretty good idea what***8217;s causing the high blood pressure. I think it***8217;s a combination of diet and nicotine.

I quit smoking about 6 months ago then got hooked on nicotine mints. I use the strongest nicotine mints (4mg). The packaging states a maximum of 15 nicotine mints of 4mg can be used in 24 hours. Currently I provabaly have around 25-30 of them in my 17 hour days!

If I***8217;m right my BP spikes up for around an hour after each nicotine mint. That***8217;s probably how I got the 145/107 reading.

Now I admit my diets bad. Most days I consume 200g of milk chocolate at breakfast. I also don***8217;t cook so eat lots of packet sandwiches, pot noodles and some takeaways each week.

But I***8217;m at a bit of a loss because I can***8217;t cook the majority of my meals due to being out the house for work between the hours of 8am and 11.30pm at night. And my jobs door to door so most my days of food has to be from local shops and supermarkets. I can***8217;t carry a backpack or anything throughout the day either as it***8217;s company policy: suit and tie only.

Is it dangerous to train and lift weights with 140/90 blood pressure?

It***8217;s probabaly not related but I***8217;m also getting really sore neck and back pain when breathing in. Literally at the lower side of the side of my neck.

starting with gear before the age of 26 is just not good. your body and brain will never ever grow to its full potential. think about that, if you can think.

starting with gear before the age of 26 is just not good. your body and brain will never ever grow to its full potential. think about that, if you can think.

And the point of telling me that my brain and body won’t grow to it’s full potential if I use steroids before age 26, when I’m 24 and on my 6th steroid cycle, is???

No offence but I’ve been far more successful and made far more money than most people do in a lifetime by the age of 24, so I’m pretty happy with my brains functioning and potential.

Many people who have been successful in life started steroids before 26. How old was Arnold? 15? I’d say his brain grown to adequate potential...

Sure I’m not disputing that it’s bad to run steroids at a young age, from a general health perspective.

Back