Don't Call It A Comeback

VenomX

Cause i ain't there... yet

It's been a long while since i posted pictures. Last time i was getting ready for a comp in June, but i hurt my back in march and was unable to keep training. So since then i worked out very randomly due to school and lost a lot of my gains. I started training pretty regulary about a month ago. i hope to get back where i was before too long. And hopefully surpass that

Current stats are around 180lbs or so and bf at 5.5%
i have not been training my arms purposely to build up my core to match them. I feel my arms were out of proportion to the rest of me last time.

here are the old pics http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11972

Any crits will help thanks

1.JPG

2.JPG

These next two poses are my weakest, anything you can recommend to make them better or what to develop to make them better would greatly be appreciated.
3.JPG

35.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Coming back is no fun, but it better than being small

solid! looks like a nice comeback ;)

Chest even looks fuller than in your previous pics.

What's your routine like if you don't mind?

greetz

Last edited:
thanks weasel i've been trying to fill out my chest and back because they were lagging before.

routine is a variation of the DC training technique along with extreme stretching, do a search on here or elite to find some info.

My routine has changed up alot since last time due to athletics and such...

i do full body everytime i work out now

i work each part less but work out more often that way i can recover faster and can still perform at my peak without having to recover for a long time.

There is 15second break between each set, weight is lowered for 4-6 seconds then explode through

chest:

dumbell or bar bench 8-4-2
" " incline 8-4-2

shoulders:

side raises or upright rows 8-4-2
machine press or dumbell press 8-4-2

back:
rows or pull downs 8-4-2
underhand rows or underhand pull downs 8-4-2

legs:

legpress or squats 12-5-3
extensions 12-5-3
curls 12-5-3

Abs: i do alot of tumbling so that takes care of them

I do this three times a week and switch up the order and exercise each time.
It is VERY intense, i usually finish in 1h 15m or so. Then follow it up with some extreme stretching.

interesting approach. So you only do one work set with a 15 sec. RP in between? How is your strength going up in relation to your bw? I assume that you need more relative strength for sports than pure mass.

greetz

weasel....... two work sets for each body part pretty much. I go up 5lbs per lift each week as a target which i usually hit.... with this approach, i got up to 265lbs for work sets on incline AND bench and similar weight on the other lifts. So strength goes up well. This style workout also helps endurance alot which i need.

Dirk.... I am 5'9 or so. I agree I'm trying to develop the back more, width and thickness. Thats why im not working arms and focusing on core.

thanks venom.
So it is more or less dc style training with just one work set taken to mf all the way. Seems to be working really well for you. Maybe replace the pulldowns with pull ups and underhand chins.

how long are breaks during work sets and body parts? What kind of sport do you take part in and how do you get along recovery wise with sports training?

greetz

pretty much, i used to do pullups instead of the pulldowns i'll probably start doing them again, breaks between work sets i just go by feel, i don't wait too long though usally about 2-3 minutes i guess or until my breathing returns to normal.

sports wise competitively i am a college cheerleader and we are getting ready for national competition. A typical routine contains 3 1/2 minutes of nonstop tumbling, throwing girls around holding one OR two girls above my head and interesting ways of throwing them up there lol Its takes a great deal of cardio and muscular endurance to do a stunt sequence much less a whole routine.

recovery wise it takes me one day to recover, and the following day im 100% again.

You're coming along well, but you're not 5.5%. You're quite a bit higher. Looking better than last time though, imo.

Fastball - i was caliper tested at our school medical center at 5.5% now i know these aren't completely accurate so there may be some variance. Thanks for the compliment i hope to surpass last time with a better balance of muscularity.

Mudge - Thanks, the cuts will REALLY start showing up around spring :)

SuperSize - thank you

Caliper tests are so inaccurate that they are almost useless. I visually appear to be leaner than you and I'm a legitimate 8-9%.

@venom x

incorporated some of your 8-4-2 approach to my chest/back day 2day. Nice pump and felt a really good burn in my muscles.

By the way...why not change the leg curls in your split to sldl so that you'll be hitting that back as well as you don't have any dl movement in your plan. Also that might help you with developing your back faster.

greetz

Fastball - thats fine, what do you use to test. i use the caliper readings not necessarily to guage acurate body fat % but to measure % gained or lossed which i think can be very useful

Weasel - thats not a bad idea about the sldl's i used to do them alot back in the day, im sure they would be helpful.

You look great man. Abs are shredded and back/chest look awesome.

Thanks Silky

Moresize... i didn't have a specific diet nore do i now i just eat a lot of everything, alot of high protein and a lot of junk food.... i let genetics do the rest, one day it will catch up to me, but not today :)

Back