Dostinex as a sex enhancer?

PARKER27 said:
Sorry, that's far from the truth. The most common side effect while on Wellbutrin is loss of sex drive, you can go directly to their home site for validation.

Phenomenal drug though.

I disagree. From what I've read loss of libido is certainly a side effect (as it is with almost any anti-depressant) with Wellbutrin. But to my knowledge, Wellbutrin is often regarded as one of the anti-depressants least likely to cause sexual side effects and some users do, in fact, report an increase in libido while on it.

HeHateMe said:
I disagree. From what I've read loss of libido is certainly a side effect (as it is with almost any anti-depressant) with Wellbutrin. But to my knowledge, Wellbutrin is often regarded as one of the anti-depressants least likely to cause sexual side effects and some users do, in fact, report an increase in libido while on it.

A very accurate statement.Obviously,each individual who tries it will have a different experience with it.

Well anyways I'm about to give the dostinex a go.

I was planning on starting off with .25mg two times per week. Is this dose too low? Should I see if my body responds to this dose or just start off with .5 mg two times per week? This shyt isn't cheap!

HeHateMe said:
I realize many have used dostinex as a way of reducing excessive prolactin levels caused by certain steroids, but have any of you used it purely as a sexual enhancer. It's supposed to reduce refractory time between sessions as well as increase libido. My sex drive has taken a bit of a hit from dutasteride, but I do not want to stop using it as it is working quite well. These 5 ar inhibitors are a catch 22. We use them to maintain our hair and remain attractive to the opposite sex, but a large number of us end up losing interest in sex. What the hell!

I will say that using the dutasteride EOD has not affected me as drastically (sex drive wise) as the finasteride. Hopefully, it stays this way.

OTC herbals (horny goat weed, maca, tribulus, yohimbe, etc) have not worked for me when I've tried them in the past.

I believe the recommended dose of dostinex for this purpose is .5mg every four days or so?

yes and you should see/feel results within 2 weeks time

good luck to you

On 300mg of wellbutrin and it really helped me get out of the post cycle blues and to stay away from tobacco!

On libido it is suppose to not effect it in a bad way! Good stuff

HeHateMe said:
well...not that anyone gives a shyt, but I've started with half a tab 2x per week...

hey so did this ever do anything for you? I really dont have much of a problem with my sex drive, but always thought it'd be cool to be able to go again with NO refractory period.

I_feel_nothing said:
hey so did this ever do anything for you? I really dont have much of a problem with my sex drive, but always thought it'd be cool to be able to go again with NO refractory period.

I've noticed a slight benefit, definitely a discernable difference although nothing drastic.

I started off on the low side taking half a tab two times per week (.5mg). I've recently doubled the dose to .5mg twice per week. I'll keep ya updated.

whoa whoa whoa..... i think some of you guys are going about this the wrong way. Forget the whole anti-depressant thing. Too many side effects. Besides why take welbutrin when you can get a slight 'euphoric' feeling from effexor. Much better anti imo, and i took both.

Instead try requip, its works by stimulating dopimine receptors in the brain. Its used for RLS( restless leg syndrome) and parkinson's. How i know this?.......long story.

i take wellbutrin already for anxiety and depression. not sure if i like it or not. effexor made me feel lazy and high thou.

i took wellbutrin for about 2 years. im pretty positive that it contributed to my pubertal gyno, because i noticed that it had gotten worse once i was done, i was 19 when i stopped taking the wellbutrin. i noticed that it helped me somewhat in terms of ADD but is not a strong anti depressant. theres no euphoric feeling or anything like that either. it takes a while to start working too from what i remember, and if you arent consistent with it...forget it.

anyone have any more info on the possible instability of the dostinex in liquid form? or anyone have anymore success stories with it in this form?

simpllyhuge said:
effexor made me feel lazy and high thou.

nah i think your already lazy!! j/k!! lazy is the last thing i feel on effexor. 75mg and a coffee in the AM will get you buzzin. almost manic

Last edited:
cabergoline is not stable in solution

get tablets
Cabaser from aurapharm

its actually cheaper as well

Back