Double Duty

dallasskyline

I have a buisiness trip next week then I am taking two weeks vacation and want to hit the gym twice a day. I will be in the middle of my cycle and want to make the most of it. How would you all recommend I set up a routine for twice a day workouts?

If it matters my cycle looks like this:

EQ 400 mg/wk
Test Enanthate 500mg/wk
Prop 75mg/ed for 1st 4 weeks
Winny 50mg/ed for last 4 weeks

I want size now...and will diet and cut and the end and will continue to do so post cycle.

I have found that training twice a day usually leads to overtraining, thus hindering your progress, big time...(I would not recommend it)

The Terminator said:
I have found that training twice a day usually leads to overtraining, thus hindering your progress, big time...(I would not recommend it)

Is it not possible to construct a program that hits various body parts in a manner that will not cause over-training...plus being on the juice has to count for something here...right?!?:D

I did the twice a day thing when I was using vitamin S and doing reps of 8-12 and it worked ok. I did bi's and tri's (mon), legs and sholders (wed), and chest and back (fri). IMO I would try to stay away from a lot of pressing excersise just because it will overtrain your tri's. Now I am doing the doggcrap training (located in the training forum) and I have gottin' very good results. I highly recomend it..

Right now I am on a 6 day workout program...each muscle group gets 1 day...Mon(chest), tuesday(bi), wed(legs/calves), thurs(shoulders), fri(tri), sat(back). I just started this program and wan to give it a month but I thought two weeks of intense two a days would push the envelope-so to speak.

JohnnyB said:
Training twice a day, does that mean you'll train body parts twice a week?

JohnnyB

Not necessarily...if were possible with out overtraining I owuld but I am afraid that even though I am on a cycle this would be the case. I have hit every muscle group twice a week in the past...BUT, and this a ghetto sized BUT, I was playing football in colleage and our weight training program was nothing like what I do now...we were primarily doind power movements to develope exposive power...i.e snatches, power cleans,...and so on. I thought about going back to that style of training for two weeks to shock my system...thoughts?:sperm:

Twice a day workouts will lead to a reduced training intensity. Now since you only want to do this for 2 weeks, I guess you could get a way with it. If I were you though, and just wanted to do some extra work to shock the system, I would just increase my volume a little bit.

Training twice a day would burn me out fast....but i guess everyone is different.I train one day on one day off when on cycle and Mon/Wed/Fri with weekends off when off cycle.

I like HST for a changeup and am using it now. I split the one day though into two, so its a 6 on 1 off for me. I also have problems with 2 weeks of 5 reps and had to cut it to one week last time I used it, because I got so strong that my left elbow was KILLING me with every movement, curls, presses etc

seems like a waste of a cycle to me. why not save the gear and just do some maintenance workouts until you can put more time into it.

Back