Dropped it..

SeanMallard

Hey,

Was out riding my friends Triumph 675 yesterday, truly awesome bike. I highly recommend it. So things were going pretty well and it was an awesome day. Until a van cut me off and I dumped it.

Luckily I wasn't going too fast, got a little scraped up but I was wearing my helmet! Anyway the bike got beat up pretty bad, and turns out the real owner of it gets out of jail today. Soo here's hoping he doesn't notice until I get it fixed.

I'm sure its not the worst bike experience, live and learn I guess.

Sean

I hope you were joking that your not going to tell him and just get it fixed lol. Tell your buddy bro, and nothing worse then it having happened on your friends bike. My roomate let his friend ride his R1 in college, first time bike rider (the kid said he had a few years experience) POW right into the dumpster totalled the bike, and worste thing is the kid never paid for it and screwed my roomate over lol, no one rides my RC51.

Wow some kids eh. Well It was in the possesion of my friend, who knew all about what happened. But his older brother owns it and we haven't told him yet lol. I have the parts ordered though, should be here in a few weeks.

Yea I definitely won't be letting people ride my bike. And I'll be getting some sliders before I ever even start it up.

Sean

I would tell him anyway, i know its gonna suck but i woul just tell him and say were fixing everything. My roomate in college didnt know until the end of the year which made him more pissed because the kid took the keys and took it out whenwe were on spring break, so my buddy thought it was candilised or somthing because the fairing is all cracked. the kid who knocked a kurb was loaded and he didnt even get it fixed for him he just parked it and drove his brand new z06 away that little tool. It sucks that it happened but i would tel your friends bro.

Rule #1

NEVER LET ANYONE RIDE YOUR SCOOT.

^ This, I've never let anyone ride my cycles. What I've never understood is if people are dumb and ignore this rule #1 and the person the lend it to drops it or gets into an accident, why do they expect that person to fix it for them? That's why you have insurance on your bike (if you don't then look at rule #1 again). If you lend someone your car and they get into an accident you have your ins. fix it (if they're nice the person should pay the deductible though...) why should it be different for a bike?

I agree. But in this case paying for the new mirror/marker was a way better option than telling his bro we had it out : s

Lesson learned though

I agree. But in this case paying for the new mirror/marker was a way better option than telling his bro we had it out : s

Lesson learned though

Oh yeah if that's all it is, no brainer. New mirror/blinker is fairly cheap and wouldn't even cover the deductible, I was assuming when you said dropped it that there was some road rash on the plastics or other areas. Carry on then... :D

Oh yeah if that's all it is, no brainer. New mirror/blinker is fairly cheap and wouldn't even cover the deductible, I was assuming when you said dropped it that there was some road rash on the plastics or other areas. Carry on then... :D

There was actually. But I guess they're painting the bike so he didn't really care. And the slider got fd but he said don't worry about it.

What exactly was he in prison for? If it was for cracking someones head with a blunt object then telling him or not telling him could go badly. I have a 2000 zx12r, and have become exceedingly touchy about people asking to ride it. It's always the same. They beg and beg then when they finally figure out your not gonna let them ride they get all pissy. I really can't stand pushy people. I thought it was just juice heads that were dicks?

Had an old lady cut me off the other day, locked up the rear tire and was in a good wobble but managed to keep the bike up. My heart was in my throat.

i had a lady just yesterday riding to the gym (on 22 antone knows easter PA 22 is a mofo at rush hour) going down the middle lain 5-10 mph, lady purposefully pueld out, to hit me caught her bumper right in the leg, luckily there was a large pick up next to me that my body weight went into and help me up, needless to say my best friend was on duty, it was a bad day for her. ppl are horrible drivers and Aholes out there, be safe my dudes

Back