Endo wants me on 1mg anastrozole per day

one way step

I saw my endo this week. I had discussed with him that my current routine was leaving me with an inconsisent sex drive. I am taking 200mg test per week, sometimes with .25mg anastrozole if I feel I need it.

I had blood work done a few weeks ago, this was six days after taking 200mg test and .25 anastrozole.
Test: 720
E2: 22 (range 7.6-42)

My endo instructed me to take 1mg anastrozole per day after my appointment. He said taking it consistently as opposed to as needed should provide for a better sex drive. This kind of sounds like a recipe for sending my e2 to the ground.

Is my endo giving me bad advice or is this a viable treatment plan?

Your E2 is already low, if you take 1mg/d adex I think you would crash.

With your test and E2 basically in perfect range, for loss of libido I'd start looking elsewhere, like thyroid or adrenal fatigue. Are you taking HCG? Reason I ask is if you are on TRT for an extended period without HCG you run the risk of burning out throid or adrenals.

Adrenal fatigue is a funky thing, I don't know enough about it too give you are reliable description - other than your body is in overdrive making epinephrine and nor-epinephrine to the point it can't keep up, and starts scavenging dopamine to make enough norepinephrine.

Many docs think it's a bullshit diagnosis, so take it with a grain of salt. If you want to have a go at a possible fix take mucuna puriens powder one scoop (1/2 tsp) and l-tyrosine 1 gram once or twice a day. I used Samsara powder off of amazon. Both the l-Dopa in the mucuna and l-tyrosine are precursors in the EP, NEP, and dopamine chain of production. Also maca powder 5g per day of the black extract seems pretty great for libido.

I saw my endo this week. I had discussed with him that my current routine was leaving me with an inconsisent sex drive. I am taking 200mg test per week, sometimes with .25mg anastrozole if I feel I need it.

I had blood work done a few weeks ago, this was six days after taking 200mg test and .25 anastrozole.
Test: 720
E2: 22 (range 7.6-42)

My endo instructed me to take 1mg anastrozole per day after my appointment. He said taking it consistently as opposed to as needed should provide for a better sex drive. This kind of sounds like a recipe for sending my e2 to the ground.

Is my endo giving me bad advice or is this a viable treatment plan?

Sorry, your Endo doesn't know his ass from 1st Base.
Taking 1 Mg of Arimidex Daily, will Crash your E-2 in a little over a week.

While the Optimum Range can vary a bit with the Individual.
You're right where you want to be.

I'd be looking at other possible culprits for your Inconsistent Libido.
I'd be taking a look at your Thyroid Hormones, or Low Dopamine Levels.
Testing for Catecholamines, will give you the Levels of Dopamine/Epinephrine/and Nor-epinephrine.
This is where your Endo should be looking........................................ JP

You need hcg not more ai. Have him test progesteron. If you were taking 3grams a week of test 1mg a day would still cripple you. Find a new endo. Im not kidding.

I am unable to take HCG anymore. I've developed a weird resistance to it. Anytime I take it now, it doesn't do much for improving testicular atrophy or my sex drive, and it causes severe water retention. I had taken HCG as part of my TRT routine for years without any of these problems. It was a very beneficial addition, preserved my testes and gave me a great sex drive. But for the past few years I haven't been able to get those results. It makes figuring out a proper routine for TRT very difficult and frustrating.

your endo is an idiot..

have you done labs where you didn't take adex??

here is what i recommend

take your 200mg once a week and make it 100mg twice a week monday and thursday..

wait 4 weeks and go to labs the morning of your shot before you do the shot... see what your levels are at..

you likely wont need adex at all

Roger that on what 3J said.

And, try a different brand of HCG. Sounds fishy what happened to you regarding the HCG.

I have tried other brands of HCG to see if that fixes the problem, and unfortunately it does not. I have no idea why I developed these adverse reactions to a medicine that worked wonders for me for years. It’s pretty frustrating.

As for finding a new endo; I’ve explored other endos around my area and they are all just as useless and unhelpful. The one I have now I stuck with because he generally will be supportive of any suggestions I make to adding new medicines to my TRT routine.

Im willing to bet we can get your issue with hcg worked out with L-arginine and the right B- vitamins.

The sex drive issue is his progestrone. You need need to test you levels.

Last edited:
Back