Explain what I'm doing wrong please!

At first glance I say to stop working to failure increase the weight your using.
thats assuming your wantin to put on size.

What are you asking? whats your goals??? I see a workout routine but no questions..

warm up a little more [ 1 set with 135 for bench isnt enough imo] do less reps going up in weight untill at your HEAVY work set then pick a weight you can do for 5-6 reps for 3 sets or so . use this on your compound excercises like bench/squat/deadlift/bb rows/etc.

You shouldn't work tris the day after chest or back the day after bis, because you are basically training the same muscles two days in a row.

Wow. This is just my opinion but damn you're doing too much for chest and bi's! You're doing chest and bis on Saturday, then you give it one day rest then break them down again on Monday. One day rest is definately not enough, especially if you're lifting hard. And you're doing bi's the day before back so you're bi's are getting worked 2 days in a row and 3 days a week. Way too much. And just like someone else said...you're working your tri's when you do chest and then you turn around and do them again the very next day. And then again Saturday. So you're working your chest, tri's, and bis all 3 days a week. Thats your problem right there.

Theres many routines you can do. What I do is:
Day 1: Chest / Shoulders
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Bi's/Tri's
Day 4: Legs

I usually have a rest day off in between each lifting session. Sometimes I'll do Day 1 & 2 back to back or 3 & 4.

CantBeTouched said:
Age 25 im 6'2 210 with about 8-10 percent bodyfat.

I'm reading these forums and it seems like 3 days is enough to workout. I like going to the gym 5 days a week. I give my body 2 days off is that not enough? I feel like I'm a pretty decent size guy. I just couldn't imagine getting abs,calves,trapes, and all my other body parts done in 3 days.

Monday-Chest,Bies
Tuesday-Back,Tries
Wen-Shoulders
Thursday-Legs
Friday-Off
Saturday-Chest,Bies and anything else I feel I should hit Traps,Calves,Forarms,Core stuff like that. I also switch it up maybe I'll do back on this day whatever I feel I haven't hit or isn't sore.
Sunday-Off

Also here is a typical day for me.

Chest

Flat bench warm up with a plate on each side then I go 225 x10 245 x 8 275x6 315 for as many as I can do.

Incline dumbles

90x10,100x8,110x6 and 120 as many times usually do everyuthing to failure with a spot to get me as many as I can.

Flys 3 sets 30 x10-12 35x10-8 40x 6-8

then I pick a machine and do about 3 or 4 sets. so about 4 diffrent exersies is this to much? I just couldn't imagie doing bench and flys and calling it a day.

I do alot of my workouts to failure.

I really don't believe a guy who is 6'3 210 & 10% will be asking about how to workout properly.. lets see some pics.. 6'3 210 is perfect you don't need to get any bigger.

don't bother with shoulders bro...if you hit your bench hard enough...one shoulder exercise toward the end of that workout is enough.

Don't with arms...again, one exercise of tri's with the chest day and one exercise of the bi's with the back. i just turned that's three lifting days per week...that will save you time in life.

you're welcome.

CantBeTouched said:
Venom if I do shoulders before back and do arms together I should be okay right? so like this.

Monday Chest-MMA Cardio
Tuesday-Shoulders
Wendsday-Off
Thursday-Back
Friday-Arms
Saturday-Off play softball, cardio
Sunday-Legs

Repeat :)

The problem w/ that is you're doing shoulders the day after chest. When you do chest, providing that you're doing some type of pressing exercise (bench, incline, decline) you're hitting shoulders pretty hard, specifically the front delt.

CantBeTouched said:
but the amount of exercise i read people do on these forums seem so less compaired to me.

Too much volume is just as bad as not enough volume. You have to find the sweet spot in the middle.

youre clearly over training by going to failure and training 5x a week......

Back