Explanation sought as to why I can't do an oral only cycle

Balrog1978

Ok so I am a noob but no I don't have a vagina. I have read posts were guys are getting crucified for asking this but I would still like some clarification. So please just jump down off the high horse a second and tell me why I HAVE to do it.
my aims are not to get any bigger. I weigh 15stone am 15% and I'm only 5'9". Any more bulk and I'm gonna look like a doorman, which is not my aim.
I'm looking to tighten up, get stronger and at 37 years of age recover from heavy sessions without so much joint and muscular pains.
From the reading that I have done, mainly here, I have found that Anavar appears to fit this bill. It also has the benefit of not aromatising and requires minimal pct, especially if it is run as a short (4 week) cycle.
So I am looking for someone with greater knowledge to look at my rationale and explain why this is naive, if that is the case?
Thanks in advance guys

There is a recent thread on this same topic of someone wanting to just run dbol. Plus all ur answers are in the stickys. Just sayin'.... Not hatin'.

quick question,, are you afraid of needles?
Plenty of guys can answer your question for you***8230; but I'm just curious why YOU would want to do an oral only cycle? Do you really want to shut yourself down and feel like shit, have no energy, no testosterone.. all just to "tighten up" ?
you can tighten up with diet.

No. I have no fear of pinning. But I can't do it at home.

Given that Anavar is so mild would it really have such repercussions for pct?

I've read the Dbol thread, but that's a very different beast. In fact the only similarity appears to be that it's an oral.

I've read a lot of the stickys too but they don't answer this specific question. Hence I'm asking for clarity.

Thanks for the comments, further discussion appreciated

Read the stickies bro. We're tired of answering the same question over and over again. That's why we made the stickies.

Same question but different aims in my opinion. I appreciate the oral question is old hat which is why I've tried to be very specific to try to draw out a specific answer rather than just be ridiculed or pointed at stickys.

Thanks

No. I have no fear of pinning. But I can't do it at home.

i'll spoon feed this 1 last time.

Can Males Run Oral-Only Cycles?

The answer is simple. No. Men cannot run oral only cycles. Injectable testosterone must be included in every cycle. The reason is due to the fact that oral steroids shut down a man's natural testosterone production - yes, even your precious Anavar. Men's bodies need testosterone to function properly. If you don't believe me, ask any hypogonadal (Low T) man how he feels without sufficient testosterone coursing through his veins. If you are going to run a cycle and shut down your natural endogenous testosterone production by using an exogenous steroid (oral or injectable), it must be run with injectable testosterone. You cannot use an oral form of testosterone as it is very bad for your liver. And gels/creams will not sustain high enough or consistent enough testosterone levels. If you are too afraid to inject yourself, you should not use steroids.

Source: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a.../675497-ology-frequently-asked-questions.html

Thanks for the info Denver. Though the condescension is perhaps unwarranted.
is there a post that explains why it must be run with an injectable? Does that not also shut down natural production? Can't that be overcome with good pct practices?
I suppose I'm asking why (aside from liver damage) is an oral so much worse for natty levels than an Injectable?

Last edited:
You say "Same question but different aims in my opinion"... don't you mean same question, but looking for a different answer? I believe everyone is here to help, most ask the same question looking for a diffenent answer, or they are looking for the answer they want to hear and say its ok... Just observing posts, take it for what it's worth....

Delta Zulu

When it's linked previously in this thread and every other thread, AND at the very top of the forum, I think it's warranted.

Take it any which way you want to, that's your choice. Nothing wrong with coming here to learn, but no one wants to repeat the same things that are laid out very easily for anyone to read FIRST. If after reading those things you still have questions, by all means you are better off asking then doing something potentially harmful to yourself.

Myth - Var is not that suppressive and will not shut your HPTA down

is there truth to this Myth ? Yes***8230; what is that truth, at 'medical dosages' (2.5-5 mg a day) its not that suppressive.

Fact - in order for Var to be effective in bodybuilding you've got to run 10 times the medical dosage (25-50 mg),, and at those dosages Var will shut you down..

therefore if your intent to use Var is for bodybuilding purposes, then you need to run it along side testosterone, because your going to be in the suppressive range for your dosage.

Shrunken testicals, no testosterone, no libido, and a toxic liver does not sound all that fun to me, just to 'lean out' a bit with var. just my opinion though

is there a post that explains why it must be run with an injectable? Does that not also shut down natural production? Can't that be overcome with good pct practices?
I suppose I'm asking why (aside from liver damage) is an oral so much worse for natty levels than an Injectable?

By injecting exogenous test, you're replacing and usually adding more testosterone to your body. Yes it shuts it down, that's why we cycle, PCT and then take time off so our bodies recover.

By doing an oral only cycle, you aren't adding in testosterone aka the thing that makes us male.
Why would anyone want to suppress their testosterone and not replace it?

To clarify: you aren't asking why you can't do a oral test only cycle. You want to do a var only cycle. It shuts you down. Your body needs test to regulate and then store nitrogen. You'll probably lose most of your gains during PCT. Some people do run oral only cycles and get results, sometimes good. However, it's 2015 and we have made lots of medical progress since the 70-80's where these oral cycles were considered the norm.

I'm afraid the posts I've read have given the same answer over and over yes, however I am looking for the explanation. That is why I've asked the same question in a different way. In my opinion. I appreciate it must be frustrating guys but you don't have to respond if it's stressing you out.
What I'd like clarity on is why orals are demonised for shutting down natural levels but injectables are not?
I'm sorry if putting it into my context has confused that somehow.

Myth - Var is not that suppressive and will not shut your HPTA down

is there truth to this Myth ? Yes***8230; what is that truth, at 'medical dosages' (2.5-5 mg a day) its not that suppressive.

Fact - in order for Var to be effective in bodybuilding you've got to run 10 times the medical dosage (25-50 mg),, and at those dosages Var will shut you down..

therefore if your intent to use Var is for bodybuilding purposes, then you need to run it along side testosterone, because your going to be in the suppressive range for your dosage.

Shrunken testicals, no testosterone, no libido, and a toxic liver does not sound all that fun to me, just to 'lean out' a bit with var. just my opinion though

Now that is a very helpful response! Thank you

By injecting exogenous test, you're replacing and usually adding more testosterone to your body. Yes it shuts it down, that's why we cycle, PCT and then take time off so our bodies recover.

By doing an oral only cycle, you aren't adding in testosterone aka the thing that makes us male.

To clarify: you aren't asking why you can't do a oral test only cycle. You want to do a var only cycle. It shuts you down. Your body needs test to regulate and then store nitrogen. You'll probably lose most of your gains during PCT. Some people do run oral only cycles and get results, sometimes good. However, it's 2015 and we have made lots of medical progress since the 70-80's where these oral cycles were considered the norm.

Very helpful. Cheers

What I'd like clarity on is why orals are demonised for shutting down natural levels but injectables are not?

they are both equally 'demonized' for shutting you down..
for example:
If you do a Deca only cycle - (which is an injectable).. you'll get demonized for not running testosterone as your base (just like with var).. why, because the deca will shut you down. It doesn't matter if it is an oral or injectable, its the idea of shutting yourself down and having NO testosterone. Oral or injectable, testosterone has to be the base of any cycle.

they are both equally 'demonized' for shutting you down..
for example:
If you do a Deca only cycle - (which is an injectable).. you'll get demonized for not running testosterone as your base (just like with var).. why, because the deca will shut you down. It doesn't matter if it is an oral or injectable, its the idea of shutting yourself down and having NO testosterone. Oral or injectable, testosterone has to be the base of any cycle.

Thank you. It has not been naivety, it's stupidity. I have assumed (wrongly) that all steroids increase test levels! Which is why I needed this very simple example. Reading the stickys doesn't always give this most basic of info.

Thank you all for your help. I will not be running an oral only better yet I now understand why.

Thanks again

Thank you. It has not been naivety, it's stupidity. I have assumed (wrongly) that all steroids increase test levels! Which is why I needed this very simple example. Reading the stickys doesn't always give this most basic of info.

Thank you all for your help. I will not be running an oral only better yet I now understand why.

Thanks again

Sure thing.. Definitely add test, don't cut yourself short

Really good explanation. Thank you

Back