finished 3rd week - not happy with results

MarioKart64

currently on my first cycle - 10 weeks test e 500mg/week split into two 250mg injections.
0.5mg arimidex EOD and two 250iu HCG injections/week
i had been gaining the weeks prior to starting cycle on about 3500 cals

tomorrow starts week 4 and i'm only 5lbs up, mostly water probably...
i thought by now by strength would be up by a lot but in reality i'm only doing a few reps more or adding about 10lbs max to some of my lifts. other exercises like shoulder press haven't changed at all.

i'm i asking too much for week 3? i know most people say they feel test e kick in at week 4 but i see no reason why you shouldn't improve your lifts during the first weeks. i'm just worried i'm not gonna get much out of this cycle and lose most of what i gained during PCT...

on the other hand my mom keeps asking me if i have a sore throat because she swears my voice is deeper lol. brother told me he sees my beard is finally closing up and some friends asked my if i got into i fight because my face looks a bit swollen lol... btw libido was strong as fck during week 1 but the past 2 weeks has been really normal.

gear is alpha pharma so i would hope it's legit

I'm no expert but I would say give it some more time..my first cycle of test e I didn't notice any major strength gain or weight gain till about week 4 to 5 if you don't see anything by then I would say either your diet is off or your gear is under dosed

Ya week 5 is when I should really kick. Remember to EAT and REST, gear wont take the place of those two things. And don't rely on the scale as a good thing to measure what your cycle is doing for you, use the mirror. The scale lies, its doesn't measure quality muscle gain.

Last edited:
thanks bros i really hope the best is yet to come.
i've been training hard, stuffing my face and resting about 9 hours daily.
i definitely need to be more patient and keep focused.
thanks for the replies

This being your first cycle, If you don't think test is one of the greatest things in the world by week 8, your gear is junk

Week 6-7 is when I started to notice that I could lift just about anything put in front of me. Or at least I felt that way. I work out at a YMCA, so when you slap 5 plates on each side and kill it people stop to see what's going on. Then they move out of your way lol

Be patient, it will come. Your next thread will have a different title. :)

Keep us updated bro. I'm sure you'll be more than pleased shortly

Week 6-7 is when I started to notice that I could lift just about anything put in front of me. Or at least I felt that way. I work out at a YMCA, so when you slap 5 plates on each side and kill it people stop to see what's going on. Then they move out of your way lol

Be patient, it will come. Your next thread will have a different title. :)

thanks guys i definitely needed the motivation.
gonna go heavy on those squats tomorrow!

Like said above give it a few more weeks, enanthate and cyp are the longest esthers that's commonly sold and so it takes the longest to peak. My body won't peak until maybe 10 weeks in to a 15 weeker.

End of 3rd week, expect better pumps/increased libido... People expect way too much too quickly, when infact long-esters do get to work pretty quickly. The results just aren't explosive until it builds up properly.

How are you pumps? How is your mental well-being? How are you gym sessions? Typically, these are the firs things you can expect to change before you see big gains in strength/lbms.

How are you pumps? How is your mental well-being? How are you gym sessions? Typically, these are the firs things you can expect to change before you see big gains in strength/lbms.

- pumps are good although i wouldn't say i feel like a beast
- gym sessions are just like pre cycle. a little bit of better recovery between sets maybe.
- mental well-being is something i've thought about a lot. i thought i'd be more energetic/willing to excel at everything but this hasn't been the case.
- libido was strong during the first week. the last two it's been normal

Possible ^^. Get bloodwork in 2 weeks, Week 5, see where your test and estradiol are at. Sometimes we can bring on what I like to call "placebo problems" by saying maybe estrogen is too high, or to low, or gear is underdosed, or some other problem is potentially occurring when it really is not at all.

- pumps are good although i wouldn't say i feel like a beast
- gym sessions are just like pre cycle. a little bit of better recovery between sets maybe.
- mental well-being is something i've thought about a lot. i thought i'd be more energetic/willing to excel at everything but this hasn't been the case.
- libido was strong during the first week. the last two it's been normal

Everyone's milage will vary...

You're thinking about it too much, if you were in week 8 like mentioned previously then be concerned.

Give it time and just go with it. Don't up the dose either lol.

Last edited:
Yea wait till weak 8, if you don't see and feel results by then you have bunk gear. If your gears legit you'll see weekly changes in the mirror and strength gainz every workout by then

thanks for all the input guys

Maybe yor AI dose is a little too high.

i just went with the standard 0.5mg EOD dose without trying 0.25md EOD for example. i tried splitting a pill in 3 to get 0.33mg but it was nearly impossible lol. would it be worth it seeing how my body reacts to 0.25mg EOD?

i'm really not concerned anymore. as most of you have said, week 3 is too early to tell.
i will keep training, eating, resting
pretty sure gear is legit btw

"My mom noticed my voice got deeper". Can't believe nobody has asked how old you are. Anyway...why not extend to 12 weeks?

Back