First Blood test Results since starting TRT

Dean407

Started TRT for the 2nd time on Thanksgiving. I took my blood test Mon morning prior to injecting. Usually inject 50mg Fri AM and Mon PM. So, 100mg a week.

My general Dr told me he wasn't comfortable balancing hormones but gave me a supply to start out until i saw an Endocronologist. I wil see the Endo for the 1st time next Tue.

My regular Dr therefore didn't issue any tests but the most basic despite me giving him a laundry list of blood tests.

Total Testosterone came back at 655 and the blood wasn't drawn until 8:50AM! Here is my history:

4/7/14: 315
4/21/14: 340
8/20/14: 293
11/2/15: 225
2/8/16: 655

Between the 4/21 and 8/20 tests I was on 100mg/ 2x week...but just for 1 month.

The bad part is that indeed my blood is getting thicker:

HCT 36.6-51.9 % 54.1

RBC x 10*6 3.80-5.80 M/uL 5.98

HCT history of same dates above:

47.7 51.8 54.2 47.9 54.1

So, I need to adress that. Hoping one of my Dr's can issue a theraputeic blood draw.

Due to chemo, I have no veins a regular needle will fit. Red Cross told me they had to use crook of arm last year when I investigated.

I strongly requested the Estrodiol Sensitive test but didn't get it.

I can only hope the Endo will know what he's doing, but I doubt it.

There is a thread at the top of the TRT Forum that will show you how to get blood work without having to go through your doctor. Many of us use their services. Then you can get everything checked.

Does the Red Cross allow you to donate blood? If so, just go there.

Just wanted to follow-up as I saw the Endocrinologist for the 1st time. I was prepared for the worst...a reluctant and arrogant Dr not wanting to issue scripts for the T or give a lower dose, etc...

I was pleasantly surprised. He was personable and down to earth. He was open to suggestions and explained his thinking.

I cannot donate to red cross because I don't have veins that support a full sized needle.

At 54, he thought my hematacrit was borderline but something to watch. However, he did tell me he'd look into having my blood drawn for therapeutic reasons as an out patient in the hospital which he's had done before.

He issued a new script for my current 50mg twice weekly with no problems. Though, he told me I could probably try once a week and see how that went.

When I left I wondered how long I should wait until I called his office to remind him about the blood draw inquiry.

The next day he personally emailed me on the hospitals online chart system regarding the blood draw.

I decided to reply to him about the blood draw and the issue with getting two 1mL bottles instead of 10mL and requested the next script be 10mL if possible.

I actually got a reply from him within a few hours. I was impressed with his communication.

So, I'm pretty content at this point.

Back