First ever contest prep with 3J.. clean sweep

I read some similar reviews on this forum fr 3jabout a year back. Decided to go with a basic plan at first. hooked since then.
I have been into bb since almost 5.5 yrs. the progress i have made last one year is more than what i gained in my first 4 years.

I have had few setbacks on this prep n last cut as well. Almost everytime 3j hits the nail and points the flaws and tries an alternate without wasting time. Just shows this man has seen all shapes n sizes and his vast experience.

Dude I got to say you look fucking amazing! How much did you bulk up to and then cut down. Basically what im asking is what was your off season weight and body fat percentage while off season before you started dieting. I am thinking about doing a competition and I would like to bulk up to around 230 to 225 and come in competition shape some where between 195 to 205. I have never competed before so I do not know how much weight I would really need to lose. To come in contest condition from a starting weight of around 225 at 15 % body fat.

most important thing for a contest prep is the timing. specially for those of us who are doing it for the first time, its next to impossible to get it right. you need a set of experience eyes.
I have tried to cut in the past. something always went wrong, increased my cardio at the wrong time or cut too many calories too early and lost what i gained during bulk.
with 3J's contest prep i was having 6 big meals. you wont beleive on my high carb day, i use to find difficult to fininsh all that food sometimes.
i have a full time job, travel a lot. 3j tailor fitted my programme. I kicked some butt in tht contest, many who were up against me were doing bb as a full time thing.

You look great, but why does that 1 picture look like you were dipped in chocolate?

Congrats on the win and the great work.

Last edited:
It was his tan bro. U have to be in stage with a tan. So its a fake tan.

The more I see of 3j's work the more impressed I am. This whole thing about diet being the key is starting to creep its way into my head.

Reactions: 3J
let it keep creeping in there mad brah. what you eat dictates the makeup of every ounce that adds to or departs from your body. what you do with your training will either work in synergy with that or will fight against it in one way or another. gear is the same. nailing down the nutritional habits that suit your body best for what your goals are will change your life big brah believe that.

btw shout out to original poster and 3J for the results from all the work put in. stress on that last part. work put in.

holla!

Last edited:
guys im not the one who deserves the credit here.. a nutritional and training plan is only as good as the person following it.. when you work like a machine as the OP did the plan plays out.. if you dick around, cheat, get lazy, lose motivation etc.. the plan means absolutely nothing

The more I see of 3j's work the more impressed I am. This whole thing about diet being the key is starting to creep its way into my head.

we are trying to creep it into every members head on ology... every bodybuilder, amateur or vet, should have diet in mind first

You are heading right direction. One you get your diet in check, you would not beleive what food can do. Its the best gear.

Back