First ever contest prep with 3J.. clean sweep

C172

Hi guys..

I just did my first ever contest yesterday. I am working with 3j since a long time on and off, but consistently since Jan'13 and my experience has been exceptional.

I started this prep for a contest that was 5-6 Oct'13, on 31st Aug, just a casual locker room talk and I came to know about a local contest on 7th sep. We were 7 days out and I asked 3J can we do this contest.

I was just hoping to get my feet wet before my main show..not expecting to win or anything.

He tweaked my diet and cardio and boom I was seeing changes every morning. from 90kg's , i went to 86 kg dry on contest day, and thats in 7 days.

I won the overall show and got a call to attend the camp for national team trials next month in my weight category.

best part- no fat burners used, no fancy supplements, no pre workouts.. you save all that money and buy FOOD. as 3J says its 80% diet, so you spend 80% cash on food.. that works for me..

everything aside the guy is soo busy but i always get a reply from him within max 15 min of posting a question.

thanks to my man 3j... i use to be a fat kid in school and today everybody knows me in my small community.

attaching some pics, these are mostly cell pics, apologies fr the quality. I am awaiting better pics from the guy who covered the show.

Dude I got to say you look fucking amazing! How much did you bulk up to and then cut down. Basically what im asking is what was your off season weight and body fat percentage while off season before you started dieting. I am thinking about doing a competition and I would like to bulk up to around 230 to 225 and come in competition shape some where between 195 to 205. I have never competed before so I do not know how much weight I would really need to lose. To come in contest condition from a starting weight of around 225 at 15 % body fat.

Wow hard work pays off. Do u cycle? If so what do some of them look like. Congrats bro u look hella ripped

yes i do cycle. but this post is to emphasize on the DIET.
honestly I just came back from a supermarket. i met 3 guys they all came up to me and asked "hey u r the guy who won yesterday".. yeah thats me.. "congrats"
after chit chat.. i knew what they wanted to ask... so here it goes " what do i take to get ripped n big like you".. i could see them and tell they were just beginners .. so i started like my blah blah..compound movements, diet, rest...
and they stop me and say we are on test/deca and the dosage they told me was like almost same if not less.

i was like fuck bro...really...

A lot of guys in my Gym can bench 3 plates but how many can take off their T's and show off their pecs.. ??

Its about Diet guys,,, gear aint gonna take you anywhere...everybody would be walking around with 20" arms and six packs if it was all about gear... lot of people have money and they wanna look good.

cheers

The op and I have been working together over a year. We have been bulking half that time. We had ran a test cut earlier in the year. He did some amazing work with me. Well deserved first place win. Congrats man!

i had planned out his off season strategically.. he didn't drop alot of weight for the show because we already had him there.. playing it smart and running a test cut paid off
Dude I got to say you look fucking amazing! How much did you bulk up to and then cut down. Basically what im asking is what was your off season weight and body fat percentage while off season before you started dieting. I am thinking about doing a competition and I would like to bulk up to around 230 to 225 and come in competition shape some where between 195 to 205. I have never competed before so I do not know how much weight I would really need to lose. To come in contest condition from a starting weight of around 225 at 15 % body fat.

VERY nice results; not a surprise given you had 3J in your corner though. ;) Congratulations on the contest and good luck in the upcoming one! :D

Reactions: 3J
Man you look dry and grainy as shit great job. I just signed up with 3j makes it that much better. cant wait. congrats again.

I love this post. Excellent work C172!! It's funny that how after you work with 3J, you view this whole bodybuilding game differently. Respect!

Back