First Inject Question

Foby

Hello
So I did my first injection today, pinned quad, had 1 inch needle pinned about half way up, aspirated got a little bubble so I injected it all. No blood no pain no anything, and no lump under skin, so I was just wondering how do I know if it went intramuscular im 99% sure 1 inch was deep enough and when i pinned it was soft going in then it got a little hard about 1/4 inch after pinning so I assume it went intramuscular

Not sure how lean your quads are, but you can take a 1.5" pin in your quad. So why not stick a 1" all the way in, that way you know its in the muscle

Sorry for the mistype I did pin all the needle in, I meant half way up my quad woops

I do 1/2" slin in the quads so if you are relatively lean, 1" pin in the quads is certain to go IM if you pushed it all the way in.

Alright thanks for the quick responses I feel pretty confident it was good, TBH people get all hyped out about pinning themselves but it wasnt hard at all it hurts more when i pinch myself :p

Alright thanks for the quick responses I feel pretty confident it was good, TBH people get all hyped out about pinning themselves but it wasnt hard at all it hurts more when i pinch myself :p

You;re right, it really doesn't. The only thing that bothers me is I always "imagine" I hit a nerve (don't ask why, I just can't get the thought outta my head), so my leg always feels tingly after.

Back