First Insulin Cycle/Insulin Protocol.

ChronikGear

Hey guys first of all i like to point out that i do know the dangers of insulin and i have gone through that phase, also this post is not opened for trolls,genuine reply only.

I am curretly am using Insulin in the morning and post workout.

3iu's mornings 4iu's post workout, however i am concerned if i am taking enought or too much carbs through my injection, i use 10g dextrose per IU (30G in the morning 40g post workout) 5 mins after injection and it takes me 10 mins to drink slowly, then i have 50g why, 5g glutamine, which i also take 15 mins to drink, then i have a 15 min break, <-- during this time i constantly check my blood, at 45min my blood sugar hits around 4.5-7mmol then i have another meal with 40g protein 5g fat with 40g maltodextrin.<-- at this meal my blood sugar goes upto around 6.9-9.5 and then within 1hr it drops back to like 5.1 and its stable for the rest of the time, at the 3hr mark after injection i have another meal with 20g dextrose and 20g of protein. my question is am i taking in too many carbs or too less cause i dont wanna gain too much fat.

Please post in an appriate manner and i am open to suggestions.

Last edited:
I dont know how experienced you are with everything, probably you should post your age & stats and what else your on. I have personal experience with slin and will try to help you. Are you taking slin alone or any other anabolics?

1) Use humalog.
2) Personally im only taking post work out
3) 3-4 units is a very low dose, i would start at 6 and work up to 10 units increasing 1 unit every 3-4 workouts. Follow your rule of 10g of carbs per unit of slin. Personally i use vitargo (100 grams post workout) followed immediately by 100g rice (measured raw, ~300g cooked) and 60g whey.

Once you get up to 10 units run this for a few weeks.

What else do you want to know? There aren't actually any questions in your post.

I dont know how experienced you are with everything, probably you should post your age & stats and what else your on. I have personal experience with slin and will try to help you. Are you taking slin alone or any other anabolics?

1) Use humalog.
3) 3-4 units is a very low dose, i would start at 6 and work up to 10 units increasing 1 unit every 3-4 workouts. Follow your rule of 10g of carbs per unit of slin. Personally i use vitargo (100 grams post workout) followed immediately by 100g rice (measured raw, ~300g cooked) and 60g whey.

What else do you want to know? There aren't actually any questions in your post.

Any point going over 10IU? I'm currently on 12-13 myself. IMO the 10g carbs per IU is way exaggerated and a good way to get fat without HGH.

Any point going over 10IU? I'm currently on 12-13 myself. IMO the 10g carbs per IU is way exaggerated and a good way to get fat without HGH.

There is definitely a point in going over 10iu. The 10g carbs per iu is not exaggerated it is the safest way to calculate it when first starting out. Once you know how your body responds though your right you can adjust your carb intake accordingly to your goal while monitoring BG levels if you are going way down in carbs. Alot of people confuse it though yes its 10g of carbs per iu but thats not every meal in the insulin window it is total for the window. I personally don't like log and prefer R and am at 20iu post workout

Once you know how your body responds though your right you can adjust your carb intake accordingly to your goal while monitoring BG levels

I agree. Personally i dont put on any fat, but again im not running slin alone.

Last edited:

1) Use humalog.

thank you for replying

I am currently using fast acting insulin called NovoRapid,this is my third day now and i can alredy feel that my muscles are more fuller and are kinda harder, i havent gained anything yet tho, will weigh myself again. i wanted to be safe rather than sorry started at 3iu first day PW,4 second day, and i had 5 iu PW today.
However i am interested in ur protocol where u said that u drink ur 100g of fast gi carbs and then u have ur slow gi 100g rice immediately, do you drink/eat any other carbs after that meal ?

ive been monitoring myself, straight after workout i have my injection and take 10g dextrose per iu of insulin, i start drinking 5 mins after injection and drink in in 10 mins slowly, checked my BG levels i was at 13.9mmol, within 30-45 mins after injection it drops back to like 5.0-7.2, then i have 10g maltodextrin per iu with a can of tuna, nd i keep checking BG and its stable at those ranges for the next 2-3 hrs, then the insulin is out. <-- looking at that do i need another 3rd meal? all suggestions are welcome.
And i also dont care how many ius who ever is taking, but im going to stick to 6iu's and i know 6ius is plenty for good gains, ill do 6iu in the mornings and 6iu post workout starting morning injections next week.

for experience, i was 76kg with 9-11% bf about last year<-- all natural. i looked pretty good too till i got into a bad habit of smoking pot and party too much and eventually stopped going gym, ive dropped 14 kilos since last year and am currently sitting 136lbs 10-12%bf.
using NovoRapid by novo nordisk, fast acting insulin.

Actually that ends up being my last meal of the day, i train pretty late. I do take ~50g of nuts and 60-70g casien before bed (but i dont consider that a "meal"). So no additional carbs after my post training meal.

Ive dropped 14 kilos since last year and am currently sitting 136lbs 10-12%bf.

Wait what? 136 lbs??? youre currently 62 kgs??? Bro im really not trying to be a hater or say anything negative but you really need to eat and get your diet / training in check before popping slin. For me slin was the last step once everything else was solidly in place and im competing! I would rethink the slin thing if I were you, but if you insist on running it then were here to help you do it safely i suppose. But I would go back and rethink it. First get your diet and training 100% solid then maybe start with a 12 week-er of test. Save the slin for last!

Wait what? 136 lbs??? youre currently 62 kgs??? Bro im really not trying to be a hater or say anything negative but you really need to eat and get your diet / training in check before popping slin. For me slin was the last step once everything else was solidly in place and im competing! I would rethink the slin thing if I were you, but if you insist on running it then were here to help you do it safely i suppose. But I would go back and rethink it. First get your diet and training 100% solid then maybe start with a 12 week-er of test. Save the slin for last!

ty for the reply, and also i have already calculated my need in order to pack on some good size if not wrongly calculated, im curretly consuming around 300-400g carbs, 140-170g protein with 30g of healthy fats like peanut butter and almonds daily, training 5 days and 2 days rest for recovery should be enough for some good gains on slin? ive also thought about teste but i got some financial problems, i just cant afgord a teste cycle which will cost me atleast $450+ and i cant afford it. still open for suggestions guys. thx

Last edited:
Actually that ends up being my last meal of the day, i train pretty late. I do take ~50g of nuts and 60-70g casien before bed (but i dont consider that a "meal"). So no additional carbs after my post training meal.

Today after workout i had my shot of 6iu and i drank 60g dextrose 5 mins after injection for 10 mins then i drink my isopure zero carb which has 50g protein and 5g l-glutamine and 10,900mg BCAA's, at 15min slin kicks in and by the time it was 45min after injection my bg was at 5.0mmol, then i had 60g maltodextrin and a can of tuna, then i kept monitoriing my BG and it was between 5.5-7.8 mmol for the rest of the slin window, do u think i need a 3rd meal at 1.5-2hr after injection? or is what im doing currently good enough. and can i also switch my malto with 60g of rice instead at the 45min mark after injection?

i do know im sitting at a low weight, however ive started to consume 300-400g carbs 140-170g protein nd like 30g of heathy fats everyday, now knowing that im consuming good enough, wouldnt i pack on some good size running slin?

Using slin alone your not gonna pack on some good size. Its meant to be used as a synergistic compound to enhance AAS or AAS and GH. Any size your going to pack on at this point will be purely from proper diet and can be done without the slin. People have such a skewed vision when it comes to slin. Its like everything else there is no magic to it and it will not make you a monster it is merely a tool that when used properly will enhance the results of a proper cycle when coupled with proper diet, exercise and rest. Sure it can be used alone but its like going to a massage parlour and not asking for a happy ending, its just not the same..

Would you benefit from going above the normal amount of 10-12IU post-wo? I feel like I could easily do more. I've gone up to 15, but is more better with slin?

Would you benefit from going above the normal amount of 10-12IU post-wo? I feel like I could easily do more. I've gone up to 15, but is more better with slin?
As long as you are safe and feeding the proper nutrients during the window. I will say I see a huge difference between 15 and 20 personally. I know guys who use 40ius Lantus + 10iu of log before every meal and 60iu R Post wo, mind you the guy I am talking about is an IFBB competitor. I think its all about finding your sweet spot and 20 at this point seems to be mine.. But I am also on a bulk at the moment and am able to afford the extra carbs. But I have been down to 110 carbs at 20iu and it was fine for me. I stress again to be careful though when reducing carbs and do it in levels..

Back