For those who have done just test (anykind) for their first cycle.

yes i gained about 20lbs and kept about 15 as i had a lot of bloat. i now always use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) from the beginning.

I have never personally taken anything but my good friend that I literally saw everyday put on 25lbs. Diet was pretty descent. He gained a little fat also. He gained slowly and really started going up in strength like crazy by about week 6. And yes his results were very noticeable. He wore medium shirts before and by the time he was done with the cycle, he had no choice but to move to a large.

Hope that helped a little

I'm on week 1. (First cycle of test e.) Ill have to post more pics but my avatar is me naturally at 215lbs offseason. Just can't wait to see my results. I'm Super stoked and excited.

I put on a respectable 27lbs on my first cycle, and stayed out of the bar rooms until the end, so no one recognized me. With that being said I was younger and not as educated with diet, so some of that was fat.

On it now and shots amazing. On week 7 and it seems to give me sudden bursts of strength. Week 4-4 I noticed a small increase gradually but from week 6-7 currently shit got serious. Last week I was curling 90lbs for reps and this week I got 110 ez curl for a few reps. I am up 15lbs since start and still have crazy vascularity. I love it. Gonna try to put on another 10 or so.

I gained 27 lbs. On a test cycle

Yes, you will get respectable gains. Your diet will be the key. If you don't eat you won't grow. Occasionally I see posts where guys say they aren't gaining at week 6,7,8, 10 etc. they claim their diet is in check. When they post up their diet it's either crap, not enough calories, nutritional macros are jacked up or they have not adjusted for the new weight and have stopped growing.

My suggestion is to research your diet, plan your diet and take it as seriously as planning your cycle. Most guys also gain a lot of fat on their first cycle, this in part is due to the lack of planning in regards to the diet. Bad calories = bad weight.

Another point I would like to make: IMO, you should eat more than 500 calories over your mantance level. I see a lot of guys that say "I'm not getting bigger and I'm eatting 500 calories over maintance". IMO, you should not plan with a fixed number. If you are 5' 9" 180, okay maybe 500 over Maintencne will get you there. If you are 6' 2", 220, your pissing in the wind at 500 over Mainatnce.

Research and plan. Spend sometime in the diet section here on Ology, everything you need to know is there.

I gained 27 lbs. On a test cycle

Yes, you will get respectable gains. Your diet will be the key. If you don't eat you won't grow. Occasionally I see posts where guys say they aren't gaining at week 6,7,8, 10 etc. they claim their diet is in check. When they post up their diet it's either crap, not enough calories, nutritional macros are jacked up or they have not adjusted for the new weight and have stopped growing.

My suggestion is to research your diet, plan your diet and take it as seriously as planning your cycle. Most guys also gain a lot of fat on their first cycle, this in part is due to the lack of planning in regards to the diet. Bad calories = bad weight.

Another point I would like to make: IMO, you should eat more than 500 calories over your mantance level. I see a lot of guys that say "I'm not getting bigger and I'm eatting 500 calories over maintance". IMO, you should not plan with a fixed number. If you are 5' 9" 180, okay maybe 500 over Maintencne will get you there. If you are 6' 2", 220, your pissing in the wind at 500 over Mainatnce.

Research and plan. Spend sometime in the diet section here on Ology, everything you need to know is there.
lol at bad calories=bad weight

I would urge you to do some research in regard to nutrition

Totally, totally noticeable. I was accused of using by a guy at work, 20 fairly lean pounds in a couple months when people are used to you looking a certain way - hell yes its a difference.

Totally, totally noticeable. I was accused of using by a guy at work, 20 fairly lean pounds in a couple months when people are used to you looking a certain way - hell yes its a difference.

I agree. Same here lol. Almost maybe 1/3 of gym has conspired against me accusing me of using AAS. Pretty sure they even reported I was on it to the gym manager(immature, I know).

I gained 36 lbs 1st cycle but only kept 28 lol. I'm pretty sure ALL of the personal trainers at my gym know, they give me the look. Friends and family notice for sure. I stretched out the arms in a couple of my shirts and ripped a hole in my jeans while sitting down. Those jeans used to be big on me, my thighs got so huge from my cycle.

Had to buy all new clothes because my old ones don't fit anymore

I've said before: I'm certified in sports nutrition for 6 years now and and been competing naturally in michigan for 10yrs. I have my diet down to a T, for both offseason..in which I "bulk" up to 215-225lbs.. and my insane competion diet inwhich I'll reach 180-185 day of competition. I feel like shit the last 30 day's, but I'm dialed in to damm near perfection. So I'll continue for another 12weeks with my offseason diet to really throw on quality muscle with minimal fat. I'll have some pretty kick ass before/afters for everyone when it's all said and done.

After 10-12 years, test only is still on the top of my list of favorite cycles. And still get outstanding results. The hugest I e ever ran was maybe 1200-1500mg to experiment but really there is no need.

Sounds like you are fairly experienced if doing this natural, the only reason guys cycle and don't look like it is they don't know what they are doing. You have a good base to work from.

Test and all AAS can be used to bulk or cut, some work better than others in one way or the other but I've never got fat off test and that's with bad cals, but likely genetics. You have some good mass, train hard, eat big,and you will grow like crazy. The recovery is excellent but no need to be in the gym everyday.

Stick to what you know, add the test, and have some aromisin on hand and post cycle therapy (pct), eat clean but a lot and you can stay lean and big.

What are you from?

After 10-12 years, test only is still on the top of my list of favorite cycles. And still get outstanding results. The hugest I e ever ran was maybe 1200-1500mg to experiment but really there is no need.

Sounds like you are fairly experienced if doing this natural, the only reason guys cycle and don't look like it is they don't know what they are doing. You have a good base to work from.

Test and all AAS can be used to bulk or cut, some work better than others in one way or the other but I've never got fat off test and that's with bad cals, but likely genetics. You have some good mass, train hard, eat big,and you will grow like crazy. The recovery is excellent but no need to be in the gym everyday.

Stick to what you know, add the test, and have some aromisin on hand and post cycle therapy (pct), eat clean but a lot and you can stay lean and big.

What are you from?

I'm from michigan...competed around the state steadily for the last 5 yrs. Last 5 competitions I've place 1st...but it's a joke.. They give swords instead of trophys. Everyone who sees my "trophys" thinks it's martial arts realated...I know now at the age of 30 I'm plateaued, and I'd like to step my game up a knotch...I guess I'm getting tired of looking the same offseason/competition day for the last few years. Second pin down today...and I cannot wait until gains kick in.. I am definently excited.

kick in time week 4-5 for me, physical changes start around week 7
i am on my 7th week of test c at 500mg/week, feel awesome, pumps are through the roof as norm!
Lets not even begin to talk about FOCUS at the gym my eyes are glued to what i have to do on my routine, and get the f outta my way aditude!

Last edited:
I always LOL at people that express their strength doing curls.

why? he was just giving an example. i'm sure all his other lifts have gone up as well, the bigger the lift the bigger the number. bumping up 20 pound on curls in a week is respectable. unless he's the guy who curls in the squat rack and only works his mirror muscles.

Back