Forearm Pain

I am 18 years old and have been noticing a lot of pain in my forearms when I curl. I have researched it and it seems like it might be tendonitis but I wasnt sure if that was true or not. I just feel like I am too young to be experiencing injuries like this. I was wondering what can or should be done regarding this

Is it more towards your elbow or wrist? Are u warm up properly and using good form? I mean, my forearms hurt when I was 18ish, but it wasn't from curling... I had some nice dick beaters tho lol

hahaha! its more towards my elbow. It only hurts when I curl thats why I assumed thats what its from. I took like three weeks off from curling and it felt better but its hurting again. What would be some good warm up things to do beforehand?

may be golfers elbow
best thing for you to do is to lay off anything that
causes pain in that area and it should leave in a couple
weeks.

Not sure what ur routine is like in terms of how many reps a week ur spending on elbow flexion in general. Possible issues could stem from poor wrist stability that can place discomfort into the elbow during the curl movement. Is it in all wrist possitions that u curl with. Like hammer, regular grip? Do compound pulling movements bother it at all, or just during isolation? Have u tried other variations such as inclined curls to see if that relieves discomfort? Bar vs db curls make a difference?

I got this when I started lifting. I was skinny as hell and my wrists just were not used to the torture... the left one wasn't anyway. Are you quite slim at the moment? I think its just your forearms getting used to the curling motion. Mine have stopped hurting now but I still get that pain when doing Flys with heavier weights. I anticipate that pain will stop shortly too once I get used to that weight.

I work biceps twice a week and when I do i try to do 4 or 5 exercises. Barbell and dumbbell exercises both cause the discomfort. Hammer curls don't cause the pain but I feel that hammer curls never give nearly as good of a workout. Its only isolation exercises.

I've always done curls with a straight bar, and recently had a shooting pain through my left forearm/ulnar nerve. I switched to an EZ bar, and after about a month it's all good. One thing I noticed is that I was squeezing the piss outta the bar when I was curling. Try to relax your grip a little, it might help. IDGAF what anyone says, pain is your body telling you that you're doing something wrong. Obviously no pain; no gain, but sore muscles, and knives through your nerves don't equate.

I had the same problem.. I never did go into a dr or anything. Don't know if this is the best advice but here goes... I looked at mine as being like a shin splint, there is no way to fix it just have to run it out sorta deal. I just switched my grip up, went to db's, ez curl, even hammer curls. I know its a mofo but it seemed to just go away like it came. If you have some serious pain then its definitely something to go have looked at. No since in being an old man with some worn out arms.

i have had two pains in forearm

1. shoting pain that went from the elbow up the wrist when i did curls.... the fix was doing forearm excersies...... it worked.

2. micro tear in the tendon in forearm (could not even hold a bottle of water with that hand) .... the fix was a ton of rest and a 5 day Medrol dose pack (its a steriod pack you get from the doctor for swelling) .... it work.

good luck.

I've always done curls with a straight bar, and recently had a shooting pain through my left forearm/ulnar nerve. I switched to an EZ bar, and after about a month it's all good. One thing I noticed is that I was squeezing the piss outta the bar when I was curling. Try to relax your grip a little, it might help. IDGAF what anyone says, pain is your body telling you that you're doing something wrong. Obviously no pain; no gain, but sore muscles, and knives through your nerves don't equate.

I agree with above. I also use to get pain in my right forearm when curling. I believe it was cos of poor technique and as above I was squeezing the hell at of the bar . Try relaxing abit more and try reducing the weight if your technique is lacking abit. Good luck

Back