Forearms are killing me

I'm surprised no one has recommended reverse grip curls w/ a straight bar. Do about 4-5 light sets each arm workout, Don't really focus on straining the muscle but just moving it through a relaxed full range of motion. This worked wonders for me when I had the same exact problem as you, and it was very severe, I also was taking pills for my points OTC Wobemzym. Hope this helps

Anything that involves your grip will hurt. Shrugs,barbell curls, skullcrushers,deadlifts. I'm just trying to save you the anguish because I have had it a couple of times before and read alot about it. Ibuprofen will help with the pain but that's all. You don't have to stop lifting just take out the exercises that hurt for a week or two, it usually goes away really quick.

I get the same thing as well. It's the worst for me with barbell curls. Almost feels like shin splints down your forearm.

Ok, since i probably am the oldest on the board, but also the one with the most injuries, i throw in my thoughts:

- Glucosamine might help, but in order to get the full benefit of it, one must take this for the rest of his life (says my doc)
- Best way to get around this is: you TAPE your wrist or elbow or wherever the pain is. Then pain will go away after a certain time.
- if a certain exercice bothers you, stop that one and do something else, at least for a while.
- bottom line is : one can train AROUND an injury.

Jeff

Jeff is right, I taped a small strap around my forearm in close proximity to where the pain was and the pain went away. I was using a strap with a little airpillow on it called aircast

ice helps alot. go lighter for a while (weight). Tendonitisis can take months to heal.
Usually happens when you are in the later stages of a pretty big cycle when you are getting alot stronger.
I would ice the body part down for a few weeks, this keeps the inflamation down.

Back