Free Diet Advice from 3J

i dont see 355g of protein.. if it really was i would tel you to lower it and up your fats
around 2600 a day I use the loose it app average in take is
Fats 91g =28%
Carbs 171g=23%
Pro 355g =49%
this is a guestamit from the app
cant say that app is right.. the macros you put up are 2900 calories.. what app are you using??

or did you get lazy? lol

if it really is an app let me know what it is.. because its giving you the wrong caloric intake and obviously the wrong macros

View attachment 558503 this is the app I use I just log in my food daily
And I just want to say Thanks for taking the time! I know time is money
i dont see 355g of protein.. if it really was i would tel you to lower it and up your fats
cant say that app is right.. the macros you put up are 2900 calories.. what app are you using??

or did you get lazy? lol

if it really is an app let me know what it is.. because its giving you the wrong caloric intake and obviously the wrong macros

so you guessed the total caloric intake? that's probably what happened

so if it really is 355g protein you need to drop it 100g and up your fats about 45g..

why? because when your body takes in too much protein it converts it to glucose.. yup.. the very thing youre trying to avoid as a diabetic

Thanks again Ill try to up the Fat the 45g and lower my pro a bit is virgin coconut oil any good
so you guessed the total caloric intake? that's probably what happened

so if it really is 355g protein you need to drop it 100g and up your fats about 45g..

why? because when your body takes in too much protein it converts it to glucose.. yup.. the very thing youre trying to avoid as a diabetic

on your current diet.. whats your fasting glucose levels?? im guessing you are type 2?

since iv lost the weight I hate to say this I have not checked it in awhile type 2 yes came on in my 40s I want to say you have been very helpful and patient I know your busy thanks ( evoo ) Ok
on your current diet.. whats your fasting glucose levels?? im guessing you are type 2?

you should get it checked.. are you taking medication for it??

youre likely to reverse the diabetes and get off the meds if you keep this up.. ive done it with a ton of clients
since iv lost the weight I hate to say this I have not checked it in awhile type 2 yes came on in my 40s I want to say you have been very helpful and patient I know your busy thanks ( evoo ) Ok

I stopped taking the meds after I found that my levels would be very low like 75 its been about a year now I actually have a doc apt in a few weeks looking forward to seeing the docs face now that im 40lbs lighter. MY Before pic View attachment 558504 3 years ago
you should get it checked.. are you taking medication for it??

youre likely to reverse the diabetes and get off the meds if you keep this up.. ive done it with a ton of clients

you can probably remove the "diabetic" diagnosis from your medical file at this point... we wont know for sure until you do bloodwork.. congrats on all your success!
I stopped taking the meds after I found that my levels would be very low like 75 its been about a year now I actually have a doc apt in a few weeks looking forward to seeing the docs face now that im 40lbs lighter. MY Before pic View attachment 558504 3 years ago

I hope so. Ill try to put EVOO when I cook my food and cut out the cooking with Pam
you can probably remove the "diabetic" diagnosis from your medical file at this point... we wont know for sure until you do bloodwork.. congrats on all your success!

if you are using pam its virtually no calories.. so that will be an easy way to up the fats.. remember keep the oil dont leave it in the pan or baking sheet.. its part of your caloric intake
I hope so. Ill try to put EVOO when I cook my food and cut out the cooking with Pam

you got it. Ill keep you informed Thanks
if you are using pam its virtually no calories.. so that will be an easy way to up the fats.. remember keep the oil dont leave it in the pan or baking sheet.. its part of your caloric intake

Hey there! Tons of great info on this forum...was wondering if you could help me out...any feedback greatly appreciated!

weight: 175
height: 6 ft
bf: ~13%
goals: Finishing up my cut in 2 weeks and will be bulking starting September

Training:
P/P/L routine, all exercises 3x8-12 then increase weight once I hit 12 reps.
Push day: BB Incline, DB Bench, Military press, DB side lateral raises, Tricep pulldowns/CGBP/skullcrushers
Pull: Pullups, T bar rows, Lat pulldowns, Face pulls, rear delt raises, High snatch pull, back extensions, Bicep curls
Legs: Trap bar deads, Leg presses, leg curls, glute raises, calf raises, ab work

Diet: (I am vegetarian btw)
Meal 1 pre work out:
2 cups milk
Protein shake
banana

Meal 2 PWO:
Maxy waize
protein shake

Meal 3:
1.5 cups lentils
2 cups greek yogurt
Some kind of fruit (grapes, strawberries, blueberries etc)

Meal 4:
Salad with different kinds of vegetables (onions, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumber etc)
3 whole eggs

Meal 5:
1.5 cup lentils
Peanut butter

Meal 6 bedtime:
300g cottage cheese
30g walnuts
25 almonds

Total daily macros ~ 2500 calories 250gcarbs/75gfat/210g protein

Last edited:
Height 6'
weight 160
Age 18
BMR 1721
TDEE 2969
goals:
leaving for the army in 4-6 months, I'd like to be about 180lbs while also lowering my 2 mile time to below 12 minutes, which is why im trying to put down all those extra carbs as i'll be running distance daily. wouldnt mind a few pounds of that to be fat, im a little too boney. I wanna be just a beast at Basic, max out the personal fitness test (sub 12 min 2 mile, 90 pushups/90 situps in 2 mins each, and 20 pullups in a row) and as a bonus look good doing it. :wink2::Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Broke as shit rn so only cheap foods

Meal 1: 800cal 15f/150c/15p
1 Cup rice (dry weight)
2 Cups Whole Milk

Meal 2: 150cal 0f/0c/35p
4oz chicken

Meal 3 (Pre-WKT): 600cal 0f/125c/35p
1 Cup Rice
4oz chicken

Meal 4 (Post-WKT): 1550cal :bootyshak 15f/275c/75p
2 Cups rice
2 Cups whole milk
1 scoop protein powder
4oz chicken

Meal 5: 600cal 0f/120c/25p
2 cups baked beans

Meal 6: 450cal 30f/50c/70p
4oz chicken
4 cups whole milk

total:
60f/725c/250p 4500cal

Schedule:
mon Run/Upper Body/PT
tues Run/Lower Body
weds Run/PT
thurs Run/Upper Body/PT
fri Run/Lower Body
sat Run/PT
sun day of rest

Upper body workout:
Bench Press 4X12
Kickback 3X12
Curl 3X12
Arnolds (dumbbell shoulder press) 3X12
Side/Front Raise 3X12
Dumbbell Rows 3X12
Forearm Curl 3X15
Dumbbell Press 3X12

Lower body:
Weighted Lunge 5X15
Squat 5X10
Deadlift 5X10
Calf Raise 5X15

PT:
2 Minutes max out pushups
2 minute max out situps
max set of pullups
followed by
pyramid pushups by 5 (ex. 5 10 15 20 25 20 15 etc..)
pyramid situps by 10
pyramid pullups

Run:
5 min warm up run to track
then either straight 2 mile run or pace run of 1:30 laps with a half lap walking for 10 laps
5 min cool down run back home

the run would be in between meals 1 and 2 and PT would be post workout, best pumps ever from the pushups on tired muscles. Also as a side note, would doing the PT on the off days be bad for my recovery? If so any thoughts on a better way to mix this schedule up?

Last edited:
Hey there! Tons of great info on this forum...was wondering if you could help me out...any feedback greatly appreciated!

weight: 175
height: 6 ft
bf: ~13%
goals: Finishing up my cut in 2 weeks and will be bulking starting September

Training:
P/P/L routine, all exercises 3x8-12 then increase weight once I hit 12 reps.
Push day: BB Incline, DB Bench, Military press, DB side lateral raises, Tricep pulldowns/CGBP/skullcrushers
Pull: Pullups, T bar rows, Lat pulldowns, Face pulls, rear delt raises, High snatch pull, back extensions, Bicep curls
Legs: Trap bar deads, Leg presses, leg curls, glute raises, calf raises, ab work

Diet: (I am vegetarian btw)
Meal 1 pre work out:
2 cups milk
Protein shake
banana
i'd much rather see oats and eggs here instead of the banana and the shake.. do 3 eggs and still have your protein shake but reduce the amount of the protein from the shake
Meal 2 PWO:
Maxy waize
protein shake
waxy maize.. lol
Meal 3:
1.5 cups lentils
2 cups greek yogurt what percentage fat?
Some kind of fruit (grapes, strawberries, blueberries etc)

Meal 4:
Salad with different kinds of vegetables (onions, bell peppers, lettuce, cucumber etc)
3 whole eggs

Meal 5:
1.5 cup lentils
Peanut butter

Meal 6 bedtime:
300g cottage cheese
30g walnuts
25 almonds

Total daily macros ~ 2500 calories 250gcarbs/75gfat/210g protein

so not bad for a veggie, i gotta say.. veggie diets run higher in carbs so that was expected.. youre making good choices in your food.. what percentage of fat is the cottage cheese?

Height 6'
weight 160
Age 18
BMR 1721
TDEE 2969
goals:
leaving for the army in 4-6 months, I'd like to be about 180lbs while also lowering my 2 mile time to below 12 minutes, which is why im trying to put down all those extra carbs as i'll be running distance daily. wouldnt mind a few pounds of that to be fat, im a little too boney. I wanna be just a beast at Basic, max out the personal fitness test (sub 12 min 2 mile, 90 pushups/90 situps in 2 mins each, and 20 pullups in a row) and as a bonus look good doing it. :wink2::Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Broke as shit rn so only cheap foods

Meal 1: 800cal 15f/150c/15p
1 Cup rice (dry weight)
2 Cups Whole Milk
you need more protein here.. reduce the milk to 1 cup at 25g protein from whey
Meal 2: 150cal 0f/0c/35p
4oz chicken

Meal 3 (Pre-WKT): 600cal 0f/125c/35p
1 Cup Rice
4oz chicken

Meal 4 (Post-WKT): 1550cal :bootyshak 15f/275c/75p
2 Cups rice
2 Cups whole milk
1 scoop protein powder
4oz chicken
that's alot of carbs post workout.. id much rather you spread this out through the day
Meal 5: 600cal 0f/120c/25p
2 cups baked beans

Meal 6: 450cal 30f/50c/70p
4oz chicken
4 cups whole milk
can you get casein protein?
total:
60f/725c/250p 4500cal

Schedule:
mon Run/Upper Body/PT
tues Run/Lower Body
weds Run/PT
thurs Run/Upper Body/PT
fri Run/Lower Body
sat Run/PT
sun day of rest

Upper body workout:
Bench Press 4X12
Kickback 3X12
Curl 3X12
Arnolds (dumbbell shoulder press) 3X12
Side/Front Raise 3X12
Dumbbell Rows 3X12
Forearm Curl 3X15
Dumbbell Press 3X12

Lower body:
Weighted Lunge 5X15
Squat 5X10
Deadlift 5X10
Calf Raise 5X15

PT:
2 Minutes max out pushups
2 minute max out situps
max set of pullups
followed by
pyramid pushups by 5 (ex. 5 10 15 20 25 20 15 etc..)
pyramid situps by 10
pyramid pullups

Run:
5 min warm up run to track
then either straight 2 mile run or pace run of 1:30 laps with a half lap walking for 10 laps
5 min cool down run back home

the run would be in between meals 1 and 2 and PT would be post workout, best pumps ever from the pushups on tired muscles. Also as a side note, would doing the PT on the off days be bad for my recovery? If so any thoughts on a better way to mix this schedule up?

i find it hard to believe you are eating 725g carbs.. it seems impossible for a guy your size.. are you sure you have all of this measured right?

Back