Free Diet Advice from 3J

Age 31
Weight 185lbs
Height 5'8"
Bf 13%
Lean bulk, 16 week cycle of 600ml sustanon and 400 ml deca durabolen per week. Pinning sus eod with .5 mg arimidex eod then cruise for 12 weeks then blast again.

BMR is 1940
TDEE around 3000
Current intake 3200

7am almond milk 1/0/3/39
Cocoa powder 2/2/2/40
Skimmed milk 2/2/0/18
Chicken breast 33/2/1/146
Rolled oats 11/60/8/355
49/66/14/598

10am skimmed milk 2/2/0/18
Spinach raw 6/7/1/46
Virgin olive oil 0/0/7/66
Rice 5/38/4/209
45/49/13/484

12pm skimmed milk 2/2/0/18
Apple 0/11/0
Rice 4/38/3/197
Spinach 6/7/1/41
Virgin olive oil 0/0/5/41
45/61/9/489

16:00 pre workout 1hr before gym
Skimmed milk 2/2/0/18
Almond milk 1/0/2/26
Rolled oats 6/30/4/178
Cocoa powder 2/2/2/40
Apple 0/11/0/42
44/47/9/449

19:00 pwo
Skimmed milk 2/2/0/18
Spinach 6/7/1/46
Rice 33/2/1/146
Cocoa powder 2/2/2/40
Almond milk 1/0/2/26
Rolled oats 9/48/6/284
57/100/17/772

21:00
Almond milk 1/0/2/26
Greek yogurt 33/12/1/196
Blueberries 1/22/0/86
Peanut butter 3/2/6/71
Skimmed milk 2/3/0/21
40/39/9/400

Total 280/363/70/3191

Workout

Mon rest
Tue legs 4-8 reps
Wed push 4-8 reps
Thur pull 4-8 reps
Fri legs 8-12 reps
Sat push 8-12 reps
Sun pull 8-12 reps

60-90 sec rests

60-75 min workouts followed by 30 min stationary bike @130 bpm heart rate plus 30 min on my rest day.

Goal is to put on as much lean mass as possible and limit fat gain.

Will be blasting and cruising from here on out.

Feedback appreciated

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums! it would be great if you could start your own thread so everyone can properly give you a big welcome, thanks!

Just cause I have to eat breakfast at work so I can't cook eggs, it's easier to eat cold chicken, I could have eggs at meal 4 or 5?

I have my protein set at about 240 g

Is this about right

If you have to eat cold chicken, then turn that cold chicken into chicken salad, there are soooo many tasty variations that it will be hard to stop and then when you do, just switch meats, shrimp, beef so on and so forth :). For me it is so important to love food and enjoy it as I am seeing more and more folks talking about food like its a disease these latter days.

Last edited:
Hello. I am a 44 year old female needing strength and a bikini body for peformnce in my sport and to gain sponsorship. Unfortunately I compete in a world where looks are what sells just as much as performance. I have been working out for two years now and am up and down like a yo-yo with my fat percentage. I started at 145lbs and 33% body fat at 5'2" tall and got down to 26% body fat and 126lbs but have fluctuated up and down huge throughout the two years. I have been on Keto, high fat, low carb and med protein, as well as just counting calories. I have been on 1000 calories a day all the way to 1200 then off as I get sick quite often with every cold or flu going. I take vitamins and minerals daily as well as worked out 5x a week with solid weight training and cardio. I now however took on another job which has dropped me down to one to two days of weight lifting a week and no cardio.

The weather doesn't help and the hours at work don't allow for much after or before workouts - but I know in order to lose this body fat I need to be in the gym far more often. But I would like to have a better idea of what I should be doing and how to diet better before I ramp up again ... I want this to be my lifestyle and not just a diet or training phase.

I got sick again and therefore went right off my diet to get what nutrients I thought I was missing in my diet. But now I feel like a huge mess and my scale proves it. my stomach is huge and bloated and I am really not feeling good about anything right now. My trainer tells me I need to stay on a 1000 cal diet to lose the weight and to keep my carbs at 15g and lower.

I was drinking a protein shake a day but read that you believe that should be consumed post workout.

I have dabbled in Var and still have half a bottle but have read that I need to get my diet and workouts in check first before continuing with that. I was just going to order some Clen and t3 to go with the bar and cycle each as it is an incentive to fat loss and have felt that if I start seeing results using those - then my workouts and diet would be easier to do as I already see results and want to keep my body looking good and getting better.

This new job I am barely getting in 4000 steps a day so I am at a very low activity rate per day.

Any advice would be awesome!

Hello. I am a 44 year old female needing strength and a bikini body for peformnce in my sport and to gain sponsorship. Unfortunately I compete in a world where looks are what sells just as much as performance. I have been working out for two years now and am up and down like a yo-yo with my fat percentage. I started at 145lbs and 33% body fat at 5'2" tall and got down to 26% body fat and 126lbs but have fluctuated up and down huge throughout the two years. I have been on Keto, high fat, low carb and med protein, as well as just counting calories. I have been on 1000 calories a day all the way to 1200 then off as I get sick quite often with every cold or flu going. I take vitamins and minerals daily as well as worked out 5x a week with solid weight training and cardio. I now however took on another job which has dropped me down to one to two days of weight lifting a week and no cardio.

The weather doesn't help and the hours at work don't allow for much after or before workouts - but I know in order to lose this body fat I need to be in the gym far more often. But I would like to have a better idea of what I should be doing and how to diet better before I ramp up again ... I want this to be my lifestyle and not just a diet or training phase.

I got sick again and therefore went right off my diet to get what nutrients I thought I was missing in my diet. But now I feel like a huge mess and my scale proves it. my stomach is huge and bloated and I am really not feeling good about anything right now. My trainer tells me I need to stay on a 1000 cal diet to lose the weight and to keep my carbs at 15g and lower.

I was drinking a protein shake a day but read that you believe that should be consumed post workout.

I have dabbled in Var and still have half a bottle but have read that I need to get my diet and workouts in check first before continuing with that. I was just going to order some Clen and t3 to go with the bar and cycle each as it is an incentive to fat loss and have felt that if I start seeing results using those - then my workouts and diet would be easier to do as I already see results and want to keep my body looking good and getting better.

This new job I am barely getting in 4000 steps a day so I am at a very low activity rate per day.

Welcome to the forums! Your in the best place for advice and tips. 3J will not lead you astray :) Please keep us posted on your progress!

Hi!

If you would like a free critique with your diet please go back and read post 1 of this thread and follow the directions on it..

you seem to need more than a critique though.. have you ever considered hiring a professional to handle your nutrition and training?? if so, check me out

3J's Nutrition

email me at 3jdiet@gmail.com for more info!

I need some help for my diet, can't seem to lose weight properly.. Maybe im too low in kcal

Weight kg: 90
Height mt: 1.82
BF: 10%

TDEE: 3300 KCALS PER DAY

GOALS: BF=7%, then build some more muscle

Workout (calisthenics with aditional weight):
Day 1: Push
Day 2: Pull
Day 3: Legs + Abs
Day 4: Rest
Repeat

Diet From the last 2 months ; IIFYM

MACROS PER DAY= CALS/ FAT/ CARBS/ PROT
MONDAY-SATURDAY 2800 KCAL / 45GR FAT/ 350GR CARBS/250GR PROT
SUNDAY 3000 KCAL / 45GR FAT/ 500GR CARBS/180GR PROT

I've been doing IIFM for around a year now and I like it alot. I typically only eat clean carbs, fats and proteins.

In adition:

- Currently cycling test tren mast @ 300/500/300 MG PER WEEK

So i want to try something different, maybe a carb cycle or something like that.. But the problem is I am not losing weight anymore on the 2800 kcals i am on now. Could you help me fix my diet please? Or help me with the carb cycle program?

Thanks for your help.

Hi 3J! Thank you for all the great advice in this thread. I got one question however. Could young please make a list over which protein sources got fast digesting protein and which got slow digesting protein? I recently went from 110kg of pure fat to 80kg @ 10.5% BF and I have spent hours everyday reading up on health and nutrition and so on (im actually gonna start on a bachelor or master in nutrition next fall. Eating healthy and thinking about which kind of macro, micro and phytonutrients i eat has really become a lifestyle. I have never felt this good) and have been fine-tuning my diet several times, but the one thing missing is eating the right type of protein at the right time.

Hi 3J! Thank you for all the great advice in this thread. I got one question however. Could young please make a list over which protein sources got fast digesting protein and which got slow digesting protein? I recently went from 110kg of pure fat to 80kg @ 10.5% BF and I have spent hours everyday reading up on health and nutrition and so on (im actually gonna start on a bachelor or master in nutrition next fall. Eating healthy and thinking about which kind of macro, micro and phytonutrients i eat has really become a lifestyle. I have never felt this good) and have been fine-tuning my diet several times, but the one thing missing is eating the right type of protein at the right time.

hi... a simple search should be able to do this for you..

but, here is a quick list from fast to slow

whey
eggs
low fat fish
chicken breast
turkey breast
higher fat fish/chicken/turkey
casein
beef

I need some help for my diet, can't seem to lose weight properly.. Maybe im too low in kcal

Weight kg: 90
Height mt: 1.82
BF: 10%

TDEE: 3300 KCALS PER DAY

GOALS: BF=7%, then build some more muscle

Workout (calisthenics with aditional weight):
Day 1: Push
Day 2: Pull
Day 3: Legs + Abs
Day 4: Rest
Repeat

Diet From the last 2 months ; IIFYM

MACROS PER DAY= CALS/ FAT/ CARBS/ PROT
MONDAY-SATURDAY 2800 KCAL / 45GR FAT/ 350GR CARBS/250GR PROT
SUNDAY 3000 KCAL / 45GR FAT/ 500GR CARBS/180GR PROT

I've been doing IIFM for around a year now and I like it alot. I typically only eat clean carbs, fats and proteins.

In adition:

- Currently cycling test tren mast @ 300/500/300 MG PER WEEK

So i want to try something different, maybe a carb cycle or something like that.. But the problem is I am not losing weight anymore on the 2800 kcals i am on now. Could you help me fix my diet please? Or help me with the carb cycle program?

Thanks for your help.

your post was ignored because you didn't follow directions in post 1.. go back and read post 1

Need Help Please

I've asked some questions of you guys in the past, but mostly did a lot of reading. In regards to cycles and my questions, I've only blasted and cruised. I never had enough knowledge to try any thing else.

I have never been successful at losing my body fat so I am taking a huge leap and posting here. I am ready for the backlash.

weight: 280
height:6’4”
bf: 23%
goals.. BF=15%
BMR: 2814
TDEE: 2814

Training Routine:
I am currently doing Sheiko #37 program. See attached image.

View attachment 564350

On Tues and, Thurs I do Cosgrove’s Evil 8 barbell complex with a 65lbs. Just to get my heart rate up.

Meals:
For the past two plus years I have enjoyed a low carb way of eating. This is pretty much my standard day with variances in the meat I eat for dinner.

View attachment 564351

I don't know if low carb has just taken me as far as I can expect it to or what. I just can't seem to drop fat. I tried carbnite and that seemed to work for a couple of months, but then I stalled out again. Maybe I need to eat those dreaded veggies.

I've asked some questions of you guys in the past, but mostly did a lot of reading. In regards to cycles and my questions, I've only blasted and cruised. I never had enough knowledge to try any thing else.

I have never been successful at losing my body fat so I am taking a huge leap and posting here. I am ready for the backlash.

weight: 280
height:6***8217;4***8221;
bf: 23%
goals.. BF=15%
BMR: 2814
TDEE: 2814

Training Routine:
I am currently doing Sheiko #37 program. See attached image.

View attachment 564350

On Tues and, Thurs I do Cosgrove***8217;s Evil 8 barbell complex with a 65lbs. Just to get my heart rate up.

Meals:
For the past two plus years I have enjoyed a low carb way of eating. This is pretty much my standard day with variances in the meat I eat for dinner.

View attachment 564351

I don't know if low carb has just taken me as far as I can expect it to or what. I just can't seem to drop fat. I tried carbnite and that seemed to work for a couple of months, but then I stalled out again. Maybe I need to eat those dreaded veggies.

im gonna have to ask you to type out your diet for me.. i cannot critique it, much less read it, the way you have posted it

im gonna have to ask you to type out your diet for me.. i cannot critique it, much less read it, the way you have posted it

I apologize. Here is yesterday's food intake.

Breakfast:

6 Eggs – 36p/0c/30f - 420 calories
1 tbsp butter – 0p/0c/11f - 100 calories
Almond butter – 7p/8c/16f - 190 calories

Lunch:

Lettuce – 1p/3c/0f - 16 calories
Ranch Dressing – 0p/2c/14f - 130 calories
Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese – 7p/0c/8f - 110 calories
5 hardboiled eggs – 30p/0c/25f - 350 calories

Snack:

Quest Protein Bar – 21p/21c/8f - 190 calories

Dinner:

9 oz Ground Beef – 69p/0c/44f - 694 calories
2 tbsp ketchup – 0p/8c/0f - 30 calories

171g protein
42g carbs
156g fat
2110 calories

hey 3j, hope all is well.
would love it if u looked over my diet for cutting, no Aas just diet. maybe ill throw in clen later on but as of now no plan on doing that.
stats:
age 26
H: 5***8217;9
w:181 pounds
BF: 17-18%Bf
Goal: get to 175 with bf of 14% in 2-3 months

BMR: 1897 cal (used calculator )
lean body weight : 150.23(68.28 kg)
based the formula you provided i end up with 1,655.8 Bmr

TDEE: 2,276.7

gym
4-5 x a week 45 mins
cardio eod morning empty stomach (inclined 20-25 mins)

I***8217;m not really counting my macros as good as is would be but i try my best to not over eatlow carbs and have a high protein and medium fat diet.

Meal 1:
6 egg whites, 1 whole egg , 1 cup of oatmeal, black coffee /w splenda

Meal 2 :
8oz chicken breast 1 cup brown rice, steamed vegetables.
( the brown rice varries from .75 cup to 1.5 cup as I***8217;m trying carb cycle, lowest carbs on the day I***8217;m not working out and 1.5 cup rice once a week)

Meal 3 :
10oz of lean meat & avacado or half sweet potato ( i change it up here and there)

Meal 4: this is usually my pre workouk which is a protein shake and half whole wheat bagel and some mixed nuts

Meal 5: post workout:
protein shake and 30-45 mins after having the shake i have my
6th meal 8 0z steak and boiled veggies half cut avocado

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize. Here is yesterday's food intake.

Breakfast:

6 Eggs ***8211; 36p/0c/30f - 420 calories
1 tbsp butter ***8211; 0p/0c/11f - 100 calories
Almond butter ***8211; 7p/8c/16f - 190 calories

Lunch:

Lettuce ***8211; 1p/3c/0f - 16 calories
Ranch Dressing ***8211; 0p/2c/14f - 130 calories
Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese ***8211; 7p/0c/8f - 110 calories
5 hardboiled eggs ***8211; 30p/0c/25f - 350 calories

Snack:

Quest Protein Bar ***8211; 21p/21c/8f - 190 calories

Dinner:

9 oz Ground Beef ***8211; 69p/0c/44f - 694 calories
2 tbsp ketchup ***8211; 0p/8c/0f - 30 calories

171g protein
42g carbs
156g fat
2110 calories

thx for the email bud

hey 3j, hope all is well.
would love it if u looked over my diet for cutting, no Aas just diet. maybe ill throw in clen later on but as of now no plan on doing that.
stats:
age 26
H: 5***8217;9
w:181 pounds
BF: 17-18%Bf
Goal: get to 175 with bf of 14% in 2-3 months

BMR: 1897 cal (used calculator )
lean body weight : 150.23(68.28 kg)
based the formula you provided i end up with 1,655.8 Bmr

TDEE: 2,276.7

gym
4-5 x a week 45 mins
cardio eod morning empty stomach (inclined 20-25 mins)

I***8217;m not really counting my macros as good as is would be but i try my best to not over eatlow carbs and have a high protein and medium fat diet.

Meal 1:
6 egg whites, 1 whole egg , 1 cup of oatmeal, black coffee /w splenda

Meal 2 :
8oz chicken breast 1 cup brown rice, steamed vegetables.
( the brown rice varries from .75 cup to 1.5 cup as I***8217;m trying carb cycle, lowest carbs on the day I***8217;m not working out and 1.5 cup rice once a week)

Meal 3 :
10oz of lean meat & avacado or half sweet potato ( i change it up here and there)

Meal 4: this is usually my pre workouk which is a protein shake and half whole wheat bagel and some mixed nuts

Meal 5: post workout:
protein shake and 30-45 mins after having the shake i have my
6th meal 8 0z steak and boiled veggies half cut avocado

u know you gotta count calories and macros bro.. eyeing things and half assing them is not going to help

Would like to lose 3# per week for a while.

weight: 220#
height: 5'10"
bf: ~24%
goal: get my bf down to 10% as fast as possible. Goal is to see a lot definition by August 15.
BMR: 1916 cal
TDEE: 2653 cal

I've been tracking macros. I have an omlette for breakfast every day (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites) Fillings vary, but usually ham and a mix of spinach, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cheese, garlic, chilis or watercress.

I have a shake for lunch and one after working out. Consists of protein powder and milk, coconut milk or PB2 and water depending on what flavor I want and how my macros are looking. I also add 5g of psyllium fiber to it. I get 42g of protein from whey every day.

Dinner is usually chicken breast stir fried with veggies. I'm in Asia, so end up using curry flavors often. Preferred veggies are spinach,peppers, onions, zucchini, mushrooms, cabbage and broccoli.

I get 2 ounces of nuts as a snack every night.

I drink at least 6 liters of water a day. It's hot and I sweat a lot. I also figure the seasonings I use have a decent amount of salt (I don't track the amount) so added water keeps my body flushing things away.

My daily macro goals are >80g fat, >80g carbs, >180g protein and 1800-1900 calories. I weigh all my foods and track everything in an Excel program.

I also take the following supplements: Orange Triad (split out at food times), 3gram EPA/DHA aka fish oil (also split at meal times),ZMA at bed time and plant sterols at meal times.

Along with that I'm taking 250mg test-e every week (2 injections) and 1/4 pill arimidex a week. I have blood work done frequently and keep E2 at baseline and my test >1500. It's prescribed from a doc in Thailand to assist in weight loss/energy/strength and everything is being monitored appropriately.

My exercise routine is similar to the PHAT routine. two day heavy lifting, 1 day cardio, 3 days higher reps, 1 day cardio.
My sets take about 60 minutes with warmup. I use a cell app to track everything and ensure rest is 60 seconds between sets.

I walk 1/2 mile to the gym, then do a warmup that is the lifts from the previous day at 20-25% of the weight for 25 reps. This seems to help ease any stiffness from the previous days lifting.

Cardio days are a mix of the reduced weight warm up sets and elliptical, rowing machine and treadmill. Total time is an hour.

Outside of the gym, I'm on my ass a lot studying (getting my MBA and new degree).

Hope that's enough information.

I know 2#/week is suggested weight loss for someone with my bodyfat. But what are the risks of trying to lose 3#/week until I get to 200#? If my strength isn't decreasing in the gym, then what is my concern?

I figured eating like I am now can be maintained for my entire diet and as my weight drops I'll lose more slowly. Currently it's not dropping too fast, I'm assuming it's due to water retention or maybe muscle gain? I've never used AAS before, so not sure about the slower than expected weight loss.

i need you to clearly set up your diet in meal time format with weight, food, and macros please

Back