Free Diet Advice from 3J

youre at 2300 caloires???

Yep. 2361, or so. I haven't dropped a ton of weight since I've dropped the calories, however I've gone down from about 2800 calories, to 2300, over the last 4-5 weeks. I haven't noticed huge strength loss, or weight loss. I'm on a TRT dose of 100mg's per week right now, and that's probably going to be bumped up shortly. While I've always had a hard time gaining size, I also have a hard time getting really lean.

Yep. 2361, or so. I haven't dropped a ton of weight since I've dropped the calories, however I've gone down from about 2800 calories, to 2300, over the last 4-5 weeks. I haven't noticed huge strength loss, or weight loss. I'm on a TRT dose of 100mg's per week right now, and that's probably going to be bumped up shortly. While I've always had a hard time gaining size, I also have a hard time getting really lean.

i think your caloric intake a little too low.. whats cardio at??

i think your caloric intake a little too low.. whats cardio at??

Cardio is at 25 minutes 4-5x per week. That's a 5 min warm-up and cool down with 15 minutes of intervals. If My calories are too low, then why is my weight no moving. I'm not seeing much of a change either way.

how long have you been cutting?? remind me of your stats so i dont have to look back and find them lol

how long have you been cutting?? remind me of your stats so i dont have to look back and find them lol

6'

I've been "trying" to for about 2 months. I have been having a cheat meal at least once a week to keep my metabolism stimulated, so I'm not under maintenance constantly.

do you know how to properly do a deload week?

Everything I've read about de-load is regards to the training itself. You either go around 50%-60% of your norms, and rep out a bit more, or take time off from the gym completely. I did this about 2 weeks ago. I went about half the normal weight I used, took shorter breaks, and repped out a bit.

3J, I could use some help:

Weight: 197
Height: 6'1"
TDEE: 2900

I know how to loose weight and maintain muscle (lost a total of 135 pounds, went from 335pd 50% fat to 195 pounds 9% fat). I have had problems bulking correctly. My last bulk was clean calories and macros of 15% above my TDEE (2900 cals). After a few months of hard training 6 days per week I gained 13 pounds. Did a bod pod and found I gained 12pds fat 1pd lean.

Currently cutting and carb cycling and loosing a steady one pound per week while training heavy 3 days per week only. Eating 2100 off/2800 training. Current 7 site skin folds and previous lean mass weight (from bod pod) as me about 9-10% fat and 177pd lean mass.

I think I may be close to my natural limit an looking to do a Test C cycle of 450mg per week. Short of increasing my calories to around 15% above TDEE and eating clean (avoiding simple carbs etc) do you have any advice. Is carb timing around training important on AAS, or can I simply spread my meals out evenly through the day?

Everything I've read about de-load is regards to the training itself. You either go around 50%-60% of your norms, and rep out a bit more, or take time off from the gym completely. I did this about 2 weeks ago. I went about half the normal weight I used, took shorter breaks, and repped out a bit.

so thats out the window..

so something diet or activity level related is causing this issue..

3J, I could use some help:

Weight: 197
Height: 6'1"
TDEE: 2900

I know how to loose weight and maintain muscle (lost a total of 135 pounds, went from 335pd 50% fat to 195 pounds 9% fat). I have had problems bulking correctly. My last bulk was clean calories and macros of 15% above my TDEE (2900 cals). After a few months of hard training 6 days per week I gained 13 pounds. Did a bod pod and found I gained 12pds fat 1pd lean.

Currently cutting and carb cycling and loosing a steady one pound per week while training heavy 3 days per week only. Eating 2100 off/2800 training. Current 7 site skin folds and previous lean mass weight (from bod pod) as me about 9-10% fat and 177pd lean mass.

I think I may be close to my natural limit an looking to do a Test C cycle of 450mg per week. Short of increasing my calories to around 15% above TDEE and eating clean (avoiding simple carbs etc) do you have any advice. Is carb timing around training important on AAS, or can I simply spread my meals out evenly through the day?
before you went to 2900 calories.. what was your calorie intake?? did you just jump to 2900 caloires??

before you went to 2900 calories.. what was your calorie intake?? did you just jump to 2900 caloires??

2900 Calories is my Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). I was eating at 15% above this for my bulk at around 3300-3400 calories. I make slow increase of 100-150 per week until I reached 15% above.

I'd like to lean bulk working out about 4-5 days per week one muscle group per day. Any guidance on the need carb timing around training on AAS, or can I simply spread my meals out evenly through the day?

2900 Calories is my Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). I was eating at 15% above this for my bulk at around 3300-3400 calories. I make slow increase of 100-150 per week until I reached 15% above.

I'd like to lean bulk working out about 4-5 days per week one muscle group per day. Any guidance on the need carb timing around training on AAS, or can I simply spread my meals out evenly through the day?

yes when bulking thats the best thing to do.. i just dont recommend carbs before bed

yes when bulking thats the best thing to do.. i just dont recommend carbs before bed

Sorry was the yes to spreading them out through the day, or to time them around training?

Also, as far as protein on AAS should 1.5g per pound of body weight be enough? Also thinking about keep fat low around .35-.4 grams per pound of body weight, and then the rest complex carbs. Does this setup sound good for a bulking AAS cycle?

Right now I'm still cutting (going to start reverse diet soon) while carb cycling as Intermittent fasting.

so thats out the window..

so something diet or activity level related is causing this issue..

I guess I missed this last response. Being completely honest. I have a few drinks on the weekend. I usually keep it to vodka, diet soda, and 0 calorie lime juice. Other than that maybe a bloody mary, which is just vodka and bloody mary mix which is low in claories. You just get salt which is temporary. I don't drink all that heavily, and it's kept to the weekends. Other than that my diet is exactly what I posted. My activity level is 5 days a week at the gym. I've been doing 25 minutes on the stair stepper after each workout, usually intervals, but sometimes steady state.

Weight training for the primary muscle group(s) for that day usually lasts an hour, maybe a little more depending on the day, I throw in abs/calves 3-5 times a week. All together it's about 2 hours from the time I start, until I finish. I sit a lot during the day, as I work in the I.T. field.

I guess I missed this last response. Being completely honest. I have a few drinks on the weekend. I usually keep it to vodka, diet soda, and 0 calorie lime juice. Other than that maybe a bloody mary, which is just vodka and bloody mary mix which is low in claories. You just get salt which is temporary. I don't drink all that heavily, and it's kept to the weekends. Other than that my diet is exactly what I posted. My activity level is 5 days a week at the gym. I've been doing 25 minutes on the stair stepper after each workout, usually intervals, but sometimes steady state.

Weight training for the primary muscle group(s) for that day usually lasts an hour, maybe a little more depending on the day, I throw in abs/calves 3-5 times a week. All together it's about 2 hours from the time I start, until I finish. I sit a lot during the day, as I work in the I.T. field.

how many drinks??? alcohol has almost the same caloric value as fat..

how many drinks??? alcohol has almost the same caloric value as fat..

Around 2 drinks each evening 2-3 nights of the weekend. However, my calories on the weekend are typically lower from food. I'll leave out my pre workout shake. Sometimes won't have as many of the other meals as well. The calorie drop should counter act the approx 7 calories per gram of alcohol. Of course alcohol slows the metabolism since the body stops processing anything else until alcohol is processed, or so I've read.

diet looks great..

the only thing i would change is that i would add veggies to at least 3 of the meals you got going on..

also i would replace the waxy maze with fruit... berries in particular...

in adding those veggies and berries your introducing phytonutrients into your diet... this is very very important..

also add a good multi-vitamin.. dont go spendin 40 bucks a month on it.. do u have a trader joes around?

do you see any issue with hitting 290 to 300 in protein?

Back