Glutamine

dtsgt said:
L-Glutamine is also good when your on the Atkin's diet

Maybe you missed it, but its useless on any diet, especially if its going to convert to glucose, which isnt good on the Atkins Diet since its a low carb diet.

Glutamine is for those rich guys who cant walk after a good leg day(aka myself... apart from the rich part unfortunately)... do yourself a favor and take 35 grams of glutamine after one hellacious leg workout... man i was in bed for a few days once after a leg day i fuckin hate leg days... it helps me greatly with pain... otherwise it is ridiculosuly over rated and very very expensive!

Id like to add no i dont have any studies that give the history of glutamine i go off what i feel... hope my post helps brothers!

as YJ said it is expensive glucose basically. every study i saw where it was effective was done on people in a severe state of muscle/tissue wasting (burn victims/bed ridden etc) and it was then given in very high dosages and mostly intr-venously!!! all these do not apply to the normal healthy bb. i wish i could find some evidence as to proove that it works under normal circumstances but i cannot and until then it is overpriced glucose in my eyes;) just mho
peace
j

Well you know a lot of people sit on forums and talk a bunch of shit and read studies then quickly post them and act like theyr some kind of guru... you can get hold of studies which PROVE smoking is good for your health... how many of you think cigarettes are good for your health? Damn ive seen documentaries stating gay people are sane and aliens are amongst us, your father could be one.

Whats basically being said in the forum is people dont feel it is worthy of buying... I dont think anybody means it is completely useless but overpriced and overrated... having said that it could be useful in certain situations like a lifting belt or some straps are useful in certain situations but it isnt 100 percent necessary like people would have you think.

Makaveli_786 said:
Well you know a lot of people sit on forums and talk a bunch of shit and read studies then quickly post them and act like theyr some kind of guru... you can get hold of studies which PROVE smoking is good for your health... how many of you think cigarettes are good for your health? Damn ive seen documentaries stating gay people are sane and aliens are amongst us, your father could be one.

I dont think sexual preference has anything to do with the topica at hand. As for studies that show smoking is good for you, well thats too ignorant of a comment to comment on. Good luck finding those.

Whats basically being said in the forum is people dont feel it is worthy of buying... I dont think anybody means it is completely useless but overpriced and overrated... having said that it could be useful in certain situations like a lifting belt or some straps are useful in certain situations but it isnt 100 percent necessary like people would have you think.

I think, no wait, I know its completely useless. Its physiology tells me that without even finding any studies, the studies only confirm that its useless.

Makaveli_786 said:
LOL I find it interesting how easy it is to look at certain peoples posts and know they must have been abused as a child

Excellent comeback, when all else fails and your knowledge is that of an 8 year old, resort back to grade school, brilliant.

LOL so what now posting studies from all over the internet makes you a genius?

If it does then your the smartest man alive... besides I didnt say who the comment was aimed at... funny how you suddenly counter-replied after I made the comment which I repeat was NOT aimed at anybody :D

Well thing is I've run out of glutamine, and after my work out from 2 days ago my arms are STILL sore! They haven't been sore in over a year after a work out. Coincidence?

lol... No its a miracle!!! You cannot live without glutamine! Who even needs protein when there's glutamine! Yaay!

Glutimine's wrath of YJ

OK through out this entire waste of space, in almost every reply from YJ has some kind of insult to everyone and anyone who doesn't share the same opinion. And ya know what I am sickened by it. This forum is supposed to be helpful. If someone has a question, why should they ask if you have a person "
posing" as a moderator, oh and the guru to all. So I may be banned for this and/or YJ's," little coat tail riders" will respond to this.

Yellow Jacket you are a fricken, pig headed, blow hard,self righteous
idiot.You have your head sooo far up your own ass, you need a damn glass stomach.
You have had not one positive comment to ANYONE who doesnt share your opinion, and a total mis-representation of this forum, with your attitude. Why should any new commer want to help educate themselves through this forum, with a person who be- littles you and your intelligence.
YJ you should seriously sit back and consider how you could learn how to speak to a fellow human being, with respect.

Thank you and drive through, Im done with this forum. Too bad.

Last edited:
So is this about me being an asshole or you being wrong? I think the latter is the case, but Im sure the former doesnt help any. Dont take yourself or these boards so serious, Im sorry Ive offended you, but frankyl, I dont care.

i read in a supplement book about the many benefits of glutamine.
i also noticed that arnold talks highly about it in his enyclopedia for bodybuilders.

are you telling me that what they are saying is wrong?

or are you trying to say they are not as good as people make them seem.

i just got glutamine recently because i was told that it is one of the best supplements, especially for gaining weight?

yellow.. what is your opinion on flax seed oil?

Element said:
i read in a supplement book about the many benefits of glutamine.
i also noticed that arnold talks highly about it in his enyclopedia for bodybuilders.

are you telling me that what they are saying is wrong?

or are you trying to say they are not as good as people make them seem.

Well the problem with using such literature as reference for purchasing is that theyre a little biased. Most of the pro's get paid to 'pimp' supplements and publish of theyre wonderful gains from the in books, etc. Hell, Jay Cutler uses Cell Tech, now do you REALLY think he got that big and ripped by using cell tech? doubtful. no wait, hell no.

i just got glutamine recently because i was told that it is one of the best supplements, especially for gaining weight?
In a hypercaloric diet, ie. bulking, glutamine will not even be absorbed.

yellow.. what is your opinion on flax seed oil?
Flax is good, fish oil is better. :)

bah, this sucks.. if only i read this b4 i bought...o will.. hopefully the glutamine will help my fatigue and stomach problems..

thanks 4 ur help..

Not to pipe in at the end of this but YJ is an Ass Hole... and that kicks ass!
Everyone arguing that glutamine does any good kept saying that Yellow has his opinion and that this is a board to express a differrence of opinion openly. That arguemnet is bull shit. I'm a newbie and I came here looking for facts, and YJ provided them and followed them up with rational argumentation. The truth hurts people. Admit that it is your ego that makes you argue for glutamine and not your mind.
If you still truly believe that glutamine supplementation works go back and read the sources that YJ posted and check them for accuracy. I did (stuck at the library waiting for girlfriend), and they were right on.

Look research is "gathering information" , and there is a plethera of info out there, obviously we all use different references.

But supplement "research" is all strictly stated opinions. Most supplements ARE NOT regulated by the FDA

I respect YJ opinions, even though we don't always share the same.

And I can guarantee neither one of us are coat tail riders either

This thread had been "done" for awhile

Back