Going for 250lbs 10%BF

Dlove

Product of Test
Well my 3 month transformation log didn't go to well, injury from car wreck a lot of shit obstructing my path like mental block's etc.... I was alway's told to get up when you fall no matter how many times you fall. I finally got my head on straight and am done with the partying and med's I was on. I'm healed up nice now from my car wreck on super bowl sunday and really want to hold my current weight if not shed some but I know this will be hard. Main goal is to get harder and stronger!

Current Stat's, 6 3 248lbs BF% unknown probably 18% i'll post a couple pic's it might be more. Training is a little undecided right now. I'm definitely still sticking with a 3 day split, cardio off day's and nice lean diet but I dunno if it will be the typical routine I was doing. Resting for 3-5 minutes before core heavy set's I don't think is the ticket for fat burn. Ive tried a couple different thing's the past couple week's that seem to whip me a little harder. I have only been back at it for two week's and only got in three session's in those three week's. I will definitely still be doing a lot of work in the rack like Squat's and Dl's but am going to focus on a lot of core work and maybe some other shit i'll mention later. I'm thinking of super setting all ancillary work this time around as well. Philosophy this time around in the gym is in, out and done with Pantera or Metallica blasting in the ears, lol

Here's some pic's of how pathetic my muscle loss has become. I need to find my tape measure and see just how small my arm's and leg's got, it's bad real bad, lol.

I won't be on any gear just my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) which should be upped to 250mg's every 10 day's. Also i'll be taking mulit-v, Milk thistle and Saw Palmetto and Muscle Milk, that's it, the rest i'll get through food. This is simply to get my health back that's why the Saw P and Milk T will be taken. Ive had to much shit in my system for too long. Also starting monday i'll be doing a detox flush kit.

Last edited:
Goodluck man, only way to achieve your goals is to get started on them and commit...Something that always keeps me going is saying.."you're only fooling yourself", it keeps me from cheating on my diet and workouts

Last edited:
good luck man, dont give up, this has happened to me and i felt like shit i shran from 217to 180 in a matter of 5 months...this was three years ago, now im at 210-212 8-9 percent bf% lifting heavier and am bigger now than ive ever been, took alot of time and dedication but i did it and i have a feeling you will too!!! Good luck my friend!! what compounds you plan on using??

May 7th

Hectic week only got two sessions in!

7th

Super Set Chest/Back with Flat Banch to BB Row all in the 5-8 rep range several left in the tank. Bench was pathetic 205x5, BB row 225x10. Back is way stronger then chest as ice previously mentioned. 6 sets like that.

Then super set, pec-deck to lat pulldown to the front. 3 set's

Then super set JM Press to Hero Curls, 2 sets high rep.

Finished with ab work.

Today the 8th

Smith Squats- pussed out haven't worked leg's in 4 month's as you can tell from the pic, lol. 6 sets worked up to 245x5 several reps left in the tank.

Then super set-HS Leg Extension and Leg curl 3 set's of 10 rep's.

Finished with ab work.

Goodluck man, only way to achieve your goals is to get started on them and commit...Something that always keeps me going is saying.."you're only fooling yourself", it keeps me from cheating on my diet and workouts

I was editing that when you chimed in I'm sure it's more around 18-20 doubt any higher then that though but i'll have the trainer at the gym check it on monday and maybe shooting for 12%BF this summer might be more realistic considering I'm 34.

good luck man, dont give up, this has happened to me and i felt like shit i shran from 217to 180 in a matter of 5 months...this was three years ago, now im at 210-212 8-9 percent bf% lifting heavier and am bigger now than ive ever been, took alot of time and dedication but i did it and i have a feeling you will too!!! Good luck my friend!! what compounds you plan on using??

Thank's for the motivation man. Ive connected with 6 old friends that I grew up with and their done with the craziness of the bar scene med use etc... and it has opened my eye's.

No compound's bro just testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) 250mg's E10day's

I was editing that when you chimed in I'm sure it's more around 18-20 doubt any higher then that though but i'll have the trainer at the gym check it on monday and maybe shooting for 12%BF this summer might be more realistic considering I'm 34.

It's all a journey man, takes a while to get into the groove but once you're in, you're in. I'm sure you know that, I wish you best of luck in your journey back to fitness. Keep us posted brotha!

May 10

No training today. I needed two day's rest off the weight's, but I walked and played 18 holes at a vigorous mountain course and it was some of the best cardio ive had in a long time. Making a steak now with green pepper and garlic and going to bed shortly after.
I am freakin whipped from the course, thank God for 800mg Ibuprofen.

Tomorrow will be the Chest/Shoulder's tri's routine I am accustome too.

Good luck bro. I'm 33, 6'3" so we are similar in those regards. Diet is gonna be key to getting that bodyfat down. I recently dropped 30lbs in less than two months on Atkins and kept my muscle, although I was flat the whole time and couldn't get pumps. I got burned out, I need to regroup and get the last 10 lbs and I'll be set, so maybe you will inspire me. You are one of the few dudes with the stones to post the before pics, I guess that might motivate you to get some after pics?

Good luck bro. I'm 33, 6'3" so we are similar in those regards. Diet is gonna be key to getting that bodyfat down. I recently dropped 30lbs in less than two months on Atkins and kept my muscle, although I was flat the whole time and couldn't get pumps. I got burned out, I need to regroup and get the last 10 lbs and I'll be set, so maybe you will inspire me. You are one of the few dudes with the stones to post the before pics, I guess that might motivate you to get some after pics?

Thank's Mofo, your dead on bro why I post the before pic's. I probably will update them once a month. My main goal is to get the waist tigheter, flare the lat's out again and try an harden up the core. The arm's and leg's should follow except for the calves man. I have major chicken leg's and building the calves is so damn hard. Squat's seem to help and ima try the treadmill gig on full incline walking up fast on the tip toes to try an build them up after leg workout's.

It's other people's log's that have inspired me to get my lazy ass back in gear, lol Thank's for following along, hope you start one up too.

May 11th

Upper body. Strength was way down. I was smoked after walking 18 holes yesterday on the mountain course here, it's brutal. To much cardio alway's hinder's my strength.

Flat Bench-4 warm-up's, 205x5, 225x4 and struggled lol. Form still not where I want it, I was really trying to feel as planted in the bench as possible but it's gonna take a few week's I see to get back in the groove. I think I'm almost squuezing the lat's and trap's a little to hard in I think.

DM Shoulder Press slight incline-50's 3 set's for 10+. For barely being out of the gate I was very impressed here but bench was just pathetic. What I would do for 2hrs with Tate, Simmons or Wendler, lol

Tricep pressdown's-2 sets 15+

DB Fly 1 set high rep, then DC stretch for 40 seconds

Hyperextension and roman chair crunches.

Diet has been much better, typical egg's oat's and fruit early am. PWO meal today tilapia, red potatoes, greens.

May 13th

Didn't sleep a wink last night for some reason. Coming off the med's has had my sleep a little fucked. Still managed to get a decent breakfast and leg's in before my business meeting.

Leg's

Box Squat's- warmed up with 5 light set's then 3 set's 225x8 60% ME, 245x6, 245x5 75% ME. Wide stance but after 4 month's hammy strength wasn't there so it was hard to sit back on the box like I like. No belt or wrap's for the first couple week's back at this light of a weight. I'm basically just trying to find good technique again on the compound's.

Accesory work-

lat pulldowmn's to the front 3x10

super set leg extension and hammy curls- 2 sets high reps

torso twist- 1 set 25 rep per side

Ab crunches 3x20

Meal's for the day,

Breakfast- grains with fat free lactaid(lactose intolerant) and sliced bannana and strawberries with 3 whole egg's and 4 whites.

Trained

Unfortunately I had a meeting and had to hammer down two muscle milks, bannana and gatorade, no time for meal.

2hrs later-Lean ground round with spinach, garlic and whole grain rice little olive on spinach.

Snack- Sunflower seeds and peanut butter. not sure about that like some feedback there?

Dinner's gonna be boneless/skinless chicken breast, yams and kale.

2 hrs before bed more fish maybe salmon or cod alone no carb's

I like that you seem to have some real dedication here. One thing I would point out and I don't want you to get discouraged... Your goals are VERY aggressive unless you plan on this being a few years in the making. Right now you're sitting at 248lbs at 18%bf and you're looking to get to 250lbs with 10%bf...

Here is how this breaks down:

248lbs x .82 (100%-18%bf) = 203lbs of LBM
250lbs x .90 = 225LBM

That's a 44 pound swing if you consider "replacing" all of the fat mass with lean body mass... A daunting task for anyone... Just a thought.

Your probably right Milky. Damn I haven't seen that breakdown since college and I alway's fucked it up for some reason, lol. That does put thing's in a new light.

I definitely see loosing some BF% rather quickly since I'm now on the proper dose for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and it being summer like tomorrow for instance after work I'm walking the course again and that's great cardio. However my concern and what I see being a road block is the mass amount's of food my body call's out for on the 3 day pling split. I'm sure my weight is going to go over 250lbs maybe some more diet advice from ya along the way would be great as I move forward. Like just now I dumped the yams and only had a couple big chicken breasts with kale, I love me some kale, lol. You know how it is when you start going heavy your body just cries out for food and it's hard to cut off and not feel content.

I have a 14 week olde english bulldogge and I can't wait until that SOB get's better on the leash for early a.m. cardio cause that's going to be key for me in loosing the fat too.

I'll have to get a proper BF% from the trainer he's been a bit of a dick this week and I haven't asked him to take it. I know the pic's don't look good but i'll be shocked if it is that bad at 18%.

I think your right this might just have to be a by the time I'm 35yrs old goal that's a little over a yr I think I can do it.

Hey ? for ya. At 10% BF can you see upper and middle ab's just not lower or is that really not the best indicator that one would be coming close.

Milkman makes a good point and I like his math breakdown, but what you have working in your favor is coming off of a layoff and muscle memory. I did almost the exact same weight "swing" naturally because I was so far out of shape from a long layoff, but it did take 6 months. I bulked for 4 months and cut for two.

Dlove, if I were you, I would take it one step at a time. As the others have stated, your goals are almost unobtainable. Being that you are coming out of kind of a rough spot and you are still trying to find your groove again, such high expectations could break your spirit due to your current fragility.

I would work on building up your consistency. Get comfortable with a solid diet and workout regimen and maintain it flawlessly. Assess your progress, then start setting more concrete, realistic goals. glad to hear you are doing better and things are looking up for you.

I would work on building up your consistency. Get comfortable with a solid diet and workout regimen and maintain it flawlessly. Assess your progress, then start setting more concrete, realistic goals. glad to hear you are doing better and things are looking up for you.

Thank's for chiming in Dtone. You could be a nice assett for my dieting man, I remeber reading some shit from your cutter's and what not. I know what food's to eat but for extreme BF% loss not real sure all the time on when and what to eat if that makes sense. Or like what to drop. I know I need to cut carb's heavily but don't want to feel sluggish at the same time just cause this is more a personal quest and no comp's or anything. Some tip's along the way would be greatly appereciated.

MAy 14th

Walked 15 holes at the course. I say 15 because a wicked 50mph golf ball size hail storm almost nailed us on the course had we not caught a ride back in. Still some good cardio cause it was hot and humid like usual before a big storm.

May 15th

To sore to deadlift and I do just want to be consistent and find the groove so this was more of a BBing session.

BB Rows- nice bend bar to the lower ab's- 6 set's 3-4 light then 225x8, 245x5, few left in the tank on the core set's

Low two handle seated row's-3 sets' 15+

DB Pullovers- 2 sets real nice stretch only with 45 DB

DB curls- 1 setx20

3 sets crunches

I might be starting up a rather interesting routine with a guy at my gym. He was usually alway's a dick to me but very cool yesterday for some reason. This dude is a tank 5 10 310lbs that's down 20 from his current routine. He would had gone pro-football but caught a nasty injury a few yrs back in his last yr at WV. His strength coach was Mike Kent, rather respected strength coach for college football if you google his name. At any rate he has a pretty nice 3 day split that focuses hard on the core and fat loss. I don't really understand it just yet he should be emailing it to me today and i'll post it up and see what you guy's think. It's a lot of plyometric's and instead of hitting chest, back, leg's once a week you hit them twice one light one heavy, but google Mike Kent he apparently is pretty on target.

It's kinda cool cause the big boy I should be doing this with is actually a 4 handicap on the golf course and he has tweaked this program a little to suit his game, that's exactly what I want. I'll keep you guy's posted.

Balls and props for b4 pics.

Whats your age?

What kind of accident were you in? If you dont mind. If you do, just tell me noneya.

Kill that shit!

Balls and props for b4 pics.

Whats your age?

What kind of accident were you in? If you dont mind. If you do, just tell me noneya.

Kill that shit!

34 brother on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and loving it.

the accident was on super bowl sunday I watched the saints kick ass on a hospitalt 14 inch t.v. lol. It was during a nasty snow storm in the NE here in the states, my bmw got loose cause someone hit their brakes in front of me then I went into a latteral skid for about 200 yards. If it wasn't for driving/racing school and BMW I would be dead because after I hit the guard rail a triple A tow truck took out my back end at 40mph, car is crushed and I got gel in one of my disks in the vertebra going the wrong way, my chic took the grunt of it though but she's back at it doing Yoga and mild circuit training. I would say we were lucky but BMW has saved my life on the road and track mulitiple times. Very safe vehicles, like Benz.

Back