Good Cheat Food suggestions PLEASE!

jfw308

Ok people, I need your help. I am pretty good at keeping with my overall plan (losing fat, gaining muscle) BUT I just have this urge to have a snack at night. Then I feel guilty about it the next day and try to kill myself doing cardio. I like all the typical things that everyone likes. (ie: ice cream, cup of yoguart, chips) but what I'm looking for is some examples of what everyone uses as a cheat food. I guess you'd say i'm looking for a GOOD cheat food. Does one exist?

No such thing as a good cheat food.... uncoated nuts, sugar free jello are options though.

If im not having a cheat day and im dieting i'll substitute crap for good stuff.. i have a few favourites i like like cheesecake, ice cream etc and i have substitutes for them

for example mid week i crave carbs big time so I go ahead and have carbs but i'll hve healthy carbs, a yam or some extra oats

if i crave ice cream i crush some ice, blend it with some protein powder and splenda

for sweet tooths i mix protein powder with a little soy milk and sugar free jello and mix away :)

Yea hate those urges to snack at night, especially when I wake up at 2 or 3 am starving. I will usually eat a couple hard boiled eggs ( I usually keep a dozen on hand at all times) Or I will eat the shit outta some jerky.
But nothing will top mint chocolate chip ice cream (Douuuugh!)

Something very useful that i have discovered over the years of dieting is that when you are usually craving something sweet, you can satisfy your urge with something salty. So, when i have a craving, i cook a few eggwhites up with some fat free cheese and add salt. The salty taste takes the sweet craving away! Hope this helps you!!

Back