got my test levels checked

I thought I slept well too....that wasn't the case though.
Sleep study all the way bro....
I read the Lahey Clinic study and it said Hypogonadism and Sleep apnea are interrelated some how.

Yes, stress and depression can affect your TT levels. If you aren't getting good sleep and eating well that affects levels too. Sounds like there are a lot of things you can do to naturally improve your TT levels.

Your TT levels are pretty close to the normal range for someone your age. And as Spunkey pointed out, you may still be recovering from your two-week cycle. Here is a chart that shows normal ranges by age. You still have about another 20 years to go before you get to your peak testosterone levels.

View attachment 554550

You are not a candidate for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in my opinion. You would be hard pressed to find a doc who would prescribe testosterone for you and insurance more definitely would not cover the cost.

I would not go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if my natty T was in the 500's. You are setting yourself up for a lifetime of great expense and inconvenience.

T levels are at their best till 30. There's no way science can definitely say: T increases till 40 y.o.
I've read the opposite.
500 ng/dl is average. I wouldn't want to be lower than that at his age.
I think 500 ng/dl is totally acceptable for 40 year old's and beyond.
The testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc I go to commonly treats older guys and younger ones with 500 ng/dl (depends on BIO T as well)
A older guy who has 500ng/dl vs. younger male with 500 ng/dl will have less BIO T in his system.
A 21 year old should not be at 500 ng/dl indefinitely for the rest of his life.
But If there were exogenous substances introduced at a young age....
They take a major bite out of optimal T!
Best thing in his case is to run some hard PCT's and get LH, FSH levels to see what he is working with.
If you have sleep apnea...you want to get it treated...they can make you feel like crap even with T of 700 and beyond. T is not a cure all.

T levels are at their best till 30. There's no way science can definitely say: T increases till 40 y.o.
I've read the opposite.
500 ng/dl is average. I wouldn't want to be lower than that at his age.
I think 500 ng/dl is totally acceptable for 40 year old's and beyond.
The testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc I go to commonly treats older guys and younger ones with 500 ng/dl (depends on BIO T as well)
A older guy who has 500ng/dl vs. younger male with 500 ng/dl will have less BIO T in his system.
A 21 year old should not be at 500 ng/dl indefinitely for the rest of his life.
But If there were exogenous substances introduced at a young age....
They take a major bite out of optimal T!
Best thing in his case is to run some hard PCT's and get LH, FSH levels to see what he is working with.
If you have sleep apnea...you want to get it treated...they can make you feel like crap even with T of 700 and beyond. T is not a cure all.

A 21 year old at 500 can still look forward to his natty levels increasing as he ages.

I think you are not seeing the forest through the trees Apollon

A 21 year old at 500 can still look forward to his natty levels increasing as he ages.

I think you are not seeing the forest through the trees Apollon

Maybe. Then why did the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc put me on stuff for life at 29 y.o. with Natty T of 512 ng/dl ?

Maybe. Then why did the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc put me on stuff for life at 29 y.o. with Natty T of 512 ng/dl ?

Because he was a quack. Case closed.

OP: What time did you have your blood drawn? Odds are you may actually have a peak higher than that. Even then, what's important is HOW YOU FEEL. Depression can be a side effect of having low T, but you would also be experiencing many of the other symptoms as well. I'd hold off on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as long as possible if you don't need it. And to answer your question, I often am sitting at around 1000ng/dL with my protocol. Doesn't mean I will earn twice the gains as you in the gym, just means I have double the amount of testosterone in my blood. ;) (Free T is what is used for hypertrophy/sex characteristics/etc)

OP: What time did you have your blood drawn? Odds are you may actually have a peak higher than that. Even then, what's important is HOW YOU FEEL. Depression can be a side effect of having low T, but you would also be experiencing many of the other symptoms as well. I'd hold off on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) as long as possible if you don't need it. And to answer your question, I often am sitting at around 1000ng/dL with my protocol. Doesn't mean I will earn twice the gains as you in the gym, just means I have double the amount of testosterone in my blood. ;) (Free T is what is used for hypertrophy/sex characteristics/etc)

had my blood taken at ~10:30am. I woke up at 9, I also fasted

As dumb as it may seem, I am glad that there are other factors, like my depression that could be affecting my current test levels. Gotta try to get everything sorted out and get another test in a few months

Thank you! But somehow I think Apollon is going to keep dwelling on that quack and telling the whole world about him. He knows he is a quack but somehow he keeps coming back to everything he said and he feels compelled to share his quackery with everyone else. He has some morbid affinity for that quack. :)

Thank you! But somehow I think Apollon is going to keep dwelling on that quack and telling the whole world about him. He knows he is a quack but somehow he keeps coming back to everything he said and he feels compelled to share his quackery with everyone else. He has some morbid affinity for that quack. :)

That Quack is my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc...sucks but that's the way it is.
Who am I going to rely on now that I'm screwed...my GP or his endo's ?
I need him now that he got me into this....

Lots of docs/endos say Free T is not important. Total and Bio T is.

Would it be immoral to intentionally suppress yourself before having bloodwork done at the doctors in order to decrease your lab values and increase the likelihood that you'll receive TRT?

No its what lots of guys do to keep on TRT... ive been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) long time(years) and don't take a shot for the month before I go for bloodwork every time...
But im 49 yrs old.

That Quack is my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) doc...sucks but that's the way it is.
Who am I going to rely on now that I'm screwed...my GP or his endo's ?
I need him now that he got me into this....

Are you hoping he reads this forum as you constantly remind us over and over again?

No its what lots of guys do to keep on TRT... ive been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) long time(years) and don't take a shot for the month before I go for bloodwork every time...
But im 49 yrs old.

Jmeals I only just noticed your posts the last couple of days, with your experience with being on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for ten years I do hope you will continue to post, your experience and knowledge is appreciated!

But im 49 yrs old.

Bro...
I don't see how they can cut a guy off who needs the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
Although my GP couldn't care less and told me they were normal when they were at the bottom of the range.
Is this a new G.P. you are dealing with?
If it's the same prescribing doc that gave it in the first place...he would want to see what your best levels are.

Are you hoping he reads this forum as you constantly remind us over and over again?

I see you keep like to dig me every chance you get.:)
Yes, I have baggage and it kind of bothers me.
How would you feel being put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and the doc telling you your levels of 594 ng/dl are no good?
I'm human too. This is a sort of place for talk therapy for me...
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I see you keep like to dig me every chance you get.:)
Yes, I have baggage and it kind of bothers me.
How would you feel being put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and the doc telling you your levels of 594 ng/dl are no good?
I'm human too. This is a sort of place for talk therapy for me...
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would be mad and then go on with life. I would also accept some personal responsibility.

I wouldn't feel the need to keep rehashing it over and over again. I wouldn't keep posting it everywhere regardless of whether or not it is remotely relevant. I wouldn't keep trying to freak out new members. I wouldn't obsess over everything. I wouldn't keep freaking out with anxiety over my treatment and feeling the need to spew verbal diarrhea all the time. I wouldn't keep sending pointless PM's to everyone. I wouldn't keep asking the same questions over and over again until I get the answer I hope to hear. I wouldn't ask for advice that I have no intention of following or utilizing. I wouldn't keep quoting a quack doctor like I am some disciple of his.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. I'm human too. And think of this as my form of therapy too.

Back