Gyno Surgery

IMe

Amateur Bodybuilder
Hey bros,

So I got the glands removed on the 8th of Feb. For all you guys in Ontario, I got the surgery covered through OHIP so I saved a nice pretty penny :).

My question is, I understand that I should still take the proper precautions in regards to controlling other estrogen sides, although, is it still possible to get gyno even after the gland excision? There's a ton of forums saying you can because they leave a bit of the gland behind and also a ton of forums from guys saying they've never gotten it even without the use of further ai's.

Looking for responses from guys that have done the gland excision not the lipo, please and thanks!!

well if u do cycle again , if thats what ur asking, definetly take all the precautions against preventing gyno again for sure , meaning use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) , even nolva on cycle , have letro on hand , and get blood work done after cycle to make sure estrogen is good and not high

I had the surgery about 15+ years ago - it came back without a cycle. Had both sides done, and it looked fine for years. But it slowly crept back.

Just be aware.

(Had it done in Alberta)

I had gyno surgery both glad and some lipo done 3 years ago. I am still very gyno prone and I just keep it under control with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in my cycles.

I thought once the gland is removed, no more gyno. If that is not the case, what is the purpose of removing the gland?

From my understanding they cut out the enlarged portions of the gland but some parts of it are left, which allow it to reoccur. I wish they would just cut out all the glands so you cant get it again.

@juggertha did you get the gland removed though or was it just lipo?

Honestly, I don't know. I SAW what they removed... it looked like a giant oyster. But I have no idea if it was just the fat, or if the glands were a part of that.

The gyno came back on one side... but not the other. Funny, because on the other, I have a somewhat inverted nipple (since surgery).

Any scarring?

I have next to zero scarring. I went to a well respected plastic surgeon bc i've heard horror stories of scarring from general surgeons. He did the incisions on both sides at the edge of the areola and you cant even tell i had surgery. I can post a pic if you wanna see, but mine turned out great. Also got insurance to pay for the whole thing and I live in the states.

bro! how'd you manage to get it covered by OHIP!? I thought this was considered an aesthetic surgery and it would not cover it. BTW I'm in ontario as well.

I have next to zero scarring. I went to a well respected plastic surgeon bc i've heard horror stories of scarring from general surgeons. He did the incisions on both sides at the edge of the areola and you cant even tell i had surgery. I can post a pic if you wanna see, but mine turned out great. Also got insurance to pay for the whole thing and I live in the states.

Wow dude. HOW did you get insurance to cover it? I was always told it is a cosmetic procedure and all that. ATM I have flare-ups and my chest really looks like crap during it. Knock it down with letro and feel like garbage. Thinking about just going under the knife... Yeah as much as I despise man nips I would like to see a surgery done well. If you got time plz post a pic.

How do you feel now? How long before you can train again? Can you post some pics? I'm gonna have it done sometime this year. I have had it since I was a kid. I keep a tight reign on my estrogen now.

How do you feel now? How long before you can train again? Can you post some pics? I'm gonna have it done sometime this year. I have had it since I was a kid. I keep a tight reign on my estrogen now.

I always had gyno as a teen but the shit got really serious, like a little bigger than a golf-ball on both sides from being a dumb ass teenager without knowledge of AI's or proper post cycle therapy (pct). I had the gyno surgery 3 years ago. I did it in may of 2010 because i played D1 football and had to be ready for camp first week of august. I had to get the enlarged gland removed as well as the lipo. I was back doing light lifting within 3 weeks, but could only do cardio on a bike for the first 7 weeks (Dr. said the bouncing motion of running would inhibit the skin from tightening and adjusting to so much mass being removed from my chest). I was back lifting heavy by week 5 though. I've had to get several injections of kenalog (eats scar tissue), on my right pec where the gyno was biggest because of alot of scar tissue build up. Im happy with the results though heres the pics:

View attachment 548928View attachment 548929

Oh and as for the insurance company.. Of course I had to send all the shit in and file to my insurance company for compensation after I paid for it up front. They sent me a check for the full $5,200. I went and saw endocrinologists and of course my blood work was all fucked up from not using support supps. If you talk to the doctor they can word things certain ways to help you with the insurance company as i told them i was a broke college student. Anyways the DR put i had a benign mass in my chest and it was medically necessary to be removed so the insurance covered it. Hope this helps.. If you have any other questions about the whole process feel free to pm me.

bro! how'd you manage to get it covered by OHIP!? I thought this was considered an aesthetic surgery and it would not cover it. BTW I'm in ontario as well.

Not 100% sure, but you could tell your doctor you've had gyno since puberty and it never went away and you really want it gone.

Also i denied using steroids the whole time. I played it off like it was a natural hormonal imbalance which i think helped in the insurance covering it.

Back