Had my second shot of Cyp and.. nothing

AverageMan

I tried a month of Androgel but my T levels did not increase one bit so switched to Cyp. I had my first 50mg injection on Thursday evening and my second pin this morning (Sunday) of ~60mg. Given the 1/2 life of Cyp, I expected to feel a little something by now. Main symptom is fatigue. Looking for an energy boost...

60mg is also on the lower end of TRT. Many of us don't "feel great" until 100 mg 2x per week. Everyone is different though. Through Blood work (blood work taken 3.5 days after your last injection, but prior to your pending injection) compared to your baseline is the only way you will get "dialed in" and feeling great. It takes time. Be patient.

Last edited:
It probably took awhile for your natty test levels to drop so be patient with your trt. 3-6 weeks is nothing. People who run cycles gotta wait that long too...

60mg is also on the lower end of TRT. Many of us don't "feel great" until 100 mg 2x per week. Everyone is different though. Through Blood work (blood work taken 3.5 days after your last injection, but prior to your pending injection) compared to your baseline is the only way you will get "dialed in" and feeling great. It takes time. Be patient.

Wow.. 200MG a week of 200 mg/ml Cyp? That seems high for TRT. From what I've read 50mg e3.5D or 100mg a week seems to be the standard.

Wow.. 200MG a week of 200 mg/ml Cyp? That seems high for TRT. From what I've read 50mg e3.5D or 100mg a week seems to be the standard.

You are correct. But some guys need more... others use it more as testosterone enhancement therapy and just want more. 50mg every 3.5 days has my levels nearing 1000. Don't just start jumping. Stick with whatever you are doing for atleast a month and get bloodwork.

-Jim

Last edited:
You are correct. But some guys need more... others use it more as testosterone enhancement therapy and just want more. 50mg every 3.5 days has my levels nearing 1000. Don't just start jumping. Stick with whatever you are doing for atleast a month and get bloodwork.

-Jim

Wow.. 1000? that seems a little high. What is your routine today?

I tried a month of Androgel but my T levels did not increase one bit so switched to Cyp. I had my first 50mg injection on Thursday evening and my second pin this morning (Sunday) of ~60mg. Given the 1/2 life of Cyp, I expected to feel a little something by now. Main symptom is fatigue. Looking for an energy boost...
Give it a few weeks... blood levels are one thing, effects another, takes a bit of time even with a short ester IMO

200mg a week is no more regular TRT, its a fucking Swole-RT
Easy on generalized statements. While I agree that 50mg E3.5D may be optimal for some, there are those of us that do require substantially more. I am at 125mg E3.5D, which puts me at almost the same serum blood levels as guys taking half that.

There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all with TRT. It comes down to what works best for the individual. :)

Wow.. 1000? that seems a little high. What is your routine today?

I do 20mg EOD, so about 70mg of test a week. Combined with 350-400iu of HCG a week, and my levels flux between 700-800. Not the most standard protocol ever, but my Dr has always recommended EOD, even for cypionate. I have low SHBG and seem to feel better with it EOD. I have also tried every day, E3D, E3.5D, E5D, E7D, etc. In the end, any frequency >= E3.5D works very well.

I don't handle HCG well, so I actually inject it daily in a low dose. Since I am already going daily with HCG, I just add in the test every other day. Otherwise, I would probably do test E3.5D.

-Jim

Went to a new Dr today that specializes in low T (my endo was a quack). The things he said are in line with what I’ve read here, so that’s a positive sign. Of course he wants me to get more labs done – this time he wants the E2 because I’ve been on 50mg E3.5D nearly 4 weeks and wants to make sure the Estridol isn’t spiking. He was shocked that I’ve been on Cyp almost 4 weeks now and have yet to feel any better – still very fatigued, not sleeping well and brain fog. He said with a T of ~180, getting 50MG E3.5D I should feel something. I’ll be very curious to see the T levels in my next lab. I’ll post up the results…

I had a thread going with all the details and prior blood work results but it looks to have been deleted with the server issues the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Went to a new Dr today that specializes in low T (my endo was a quack). The things he said are in line with what I***8217;ve read here, so that***8217;s a positive sign. Of course he wants me to get more labs done ***8211; this time he wants the E2 because I***8217;ve been on 50mg E3.5D nearly 4 weeks and wants to make sure the Estridol isn***8217;t spiking. He was shocked that I***8217;ve been on Cyp almost 4 weeks now and have yet to feel any better ***8211; still very fatigued, not sleeping well and brain fog. He said with a T of ~180, getting 50MG E3.5D I should feel something. I***8217;ll be very curious to see the T levels in my next lab. I***8217;ll post up the results***8230;

I had a thread going with all the details and prior blood work results but it looks to have been deleted with the server issues the last few weeks.

awesome! let us know the results, good luck!

Sup buddy, I'm pinning my third homedose tonight so that puts me at the start of Week 4 on Test. Cyp (100 mg/week) and I'm not feeling a huge difference. I'll know more this week when I head back to the gym after a week off for an injury and a week off to be at the Lake. I'm curious to hear when you start feeling the Cyp. take effect so I can compare it with what I'm feeling.

Back