Hair and steroids...

Bast said:
Ok so I got the question what would happen if someone had made a hair transplant and used steroids, didnt know the answer....
If the person has MPB will this also affect the moved hairs or what they do?
I am a victim of what you are asking. i had to have a hair transplant when I was younger. the answer is NO, it doesnt affect the transplanted hairs because the hairs used arent subject to the same affects of MPB

Inquirer said:
I am a victim of what you are asking. i had to have a hair transplant when I was younger. the answer is NO, it doesnt affect the transplanted hairs because the hairs used arent subject to the same affects of MPB

How did your transplant turn out? I'm assuming it was quite a few years ago when there weren't a lot of advances in the world of hair transplantation?

HeHateMe said:
How did your transplant turn out? I'm assuming it was quite a few years ago when there weren't a lot of advances in the world of hair transplantation?
I did it through Bosley Medical ( i think) I had hair removed from the back of my head and transplanted to the front. I had a small receding hairline and i wanted to put an end to it fast, so I did. It turned out well, I am pleased. I have yet to lose any of the grafts but after a few cycles, I have noticed a little loss behind the grafts.

yeah but i wouldnt want my girl friend to see my hairy back. Im gonna start getting it waxed, shaving it feels nasty when its starts to grow back and i can feel it rubbing against my shirt.

Inquirer said:
I did it through Bosley Medical ( i think) I had hair removed from the back of my head and transplanted to the front. I had a small receding hairline and i wanted to put an end to it fast, so I did. It turned out well, I am pleased. I have yet to lose any of the grafts but after a few cycles, I have noticed a little loss behind the grafts.

I'm glad to hear things turned out well for you because I've heard of Bosley absolutely butchering some people...

Jesus your lucky to survive Bosley, I've heard nightmare stories from these guys...glad ur ok, a bad HT is worse then no hair at all..

outlawtas2 said:
are you particularly hairy? I'm freaking hairy, I would probably have to mortgage my house! (if I had one...)

I'm the same way, I think its mostly the Greek in me. Which is good because I won't lose my hair but bad for the body hair...

Even in the normal case, you should never take steroids without consulting with any experienced physician/doctor. After hair transplant, you should wait untill you recover completely or ask your hair surgeon before using steroids.

you intend on getting a transplant, plan ahead and have enough cash put aside for a second procedure. Very few hair loss sufferers can get away with just one procedure

Back