Hair and steroids...

Bast

Growing
Ok so I got the question what would happen if someone had made a hair transplant and used steroids, didnt know the answer....
If the person has MPB will this also affect the moved hairs or what they do?

I'm under the impression that when they take hairs from your head that are not affected by MPB, you will not lose them. They do not act in the same way the hair that grew in that place does, thus the reason for taking them from that spot.

I read something about this somwhere....can't remember now.

OK will tell him so.

And now I have a question. I was gonna go use the same doctor to remove hair under my arms and chest etc so Im rid of the shaving :)... Will the steroids "activate" more hairs even when they go over the whole skin with the laser?

Bast said:
OK will tell him so.

And now I have a question. I was gonna go use the same doctor to remove hair under my arms and chest etc so Im rid of the shaving :)... Will the steroids "activate" more hairs even when they go over the whole skin with the laser?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the term activate, but steroids can lead to hirsutism, or excessive body hair growth. Has using steroids caused a significant increase in your body hair growth. Because if so, IMO if you have the laser hair removal and it is successful, chances are that if you continue to cycle you may have to go in for subsequent procedures in the future.

As for the hair transplant question, outlaas is correct. They take the hair from the donor area (back/sides). This hair is genetically predispositioned to last a lifetime. The thing you have to worry about after having a transplant is the hair in back of the transplanted hair continuing to recede and thin. This will create sort of an 'island' effect, which if you've ever seen it on someone looks pretty funky. Thus, if you intend on getting a transplant, plan ahead and have enough cash put aside for a second procedure. Very few hair loss sufferers can get away with just one procedure (some can). You have to bank on having atleast two, otherwise you could be looking like a freak of nature. That's why even if you have a procedure it's SO IMPORTANT to remain on fin or dut, to preserve your naturally existing hair as long as possible.

esseentially, there is no easy way to keep your hair :(

Looks like no "good" compounds for me (tren, drol, etc)

Spoke to the guy today. He has no problem keeping his hair, he has just always had a high hairline, then its ok for him to do it and the hair will not be affected?

Hehateme: what I ment was that the extra hair one can get from steroids already are there, just not active. And if they are dark (as this is a must for the laser to work) would they even be able to start growing? Cause they run the laser over the whole area that you want the hair gone from, for example the arms.

I don't think that steroids would "re-activate" hair growth...I think your hair on your face might grow faster/thicker, however where you had it removed wouldn't. However, sometimes laser hair removal takes several treatments, so if they haven't gotten everything out then it would grow in. I'm not even sure who to ask about this, they might not even know. However, if they tell you that there is no possibility for growing hair again then i'd say your safe.

BTW...what parts of your body are you getting done and what's the $?

Bast said:
Spoke to the guy today. He has no problem keeping his hair, he has just always had a high hairline, then its ok for him to do it and the hair will not be affected?

Hehateme: what I ment was that the extra hair one can get from steroids already are there, just not active. And if they are dark (as this is a must for the laser to work) would they even be able to start growing? Cause they run the laser over the whole area that you want the hair gone from, for example the arms.

If your friend is not prone to MPB, then yes, he should be in the clear.

As for the laser hair removal, the follicles (after a few treatments) are still there. They're just disabled to a degree and grow back slower, finer, and less noticeable/pigmented. I believe the extra androgens from a cycle could awaken these somewhat dormant follicles and make them appear darker/more pigmented. To what degree or how noticeable, I dunno...

Thanks for the answers bro's.

Personally I'll be taking most parts i guess.
Prices are for 4 sessions as they say this will take away everything.
Chest/abs - 2500$
Both arms 2500$ and I think that's for youre armpits and shoulders also.

Then Im thinking of taking my beard line on my throat cause I have delicate skin or some shit like that haha.

i was reading on a hair forum that u can put body hair on your head. Some guy had leg and chest hair put on his head but it looked bad. Honeslty i would put me u pubes on my head if it looked good. I shave them any way i just wouldnt tell any one.

simpllyhuge said:
i was reading on a hair forum that u can put body hair on your head. Some guy had leg and chest hair put on his head but it looked bad. Honeslty i would put me u pubes on my head if it looked good. I shave them any way i just wouldnt tell any one.

BHT, body hair transplantation is relatively new, but a few doctors are trying to perfect it. FUE (follicular unit extraction) is basically the same thing as BHT, except they use the hair on your head. Both procedures are fairly expensive, oftentimes double or more the cost of strip. The plus side of both procedures is that they don't have to slice the back of your head open to harvest the follicles so there will be no scarring.

simpllyhuge said:
the body hair looked not that great. but pubes are thick enough lol.

LoL, I have plenty of pubes if it ever comes down to that. Might be interesting to have curly hair for a change...

fuck I have more hair on any part of my body then my head :)

Damn Bast, that's expensive! 5 big ones...I guess it's well worth it if it's permanent.

Outlaw: Yup but as you said its worth it... am tired of the fucking shaving haha.
But I think I'll start with arms and armpits, its most annoying to shave them

Bast said:
Outlaw: Yup but as you said its worth it... am tired of the fucking shaving haha.
But I think I'll start with arms and armpits, its most annoying to shave them

are you particularly hairy? I'm freaking hairy, I would probably have to mortgage my house! (if I had one...)

Not very hairy, but its just a drag to keep doing.

So we'll see, will go and have a look when I get the time, and start it in february some time.

simpllyhuge said:
my back is starting to get very hairy which is anoying.

Back hair is the worst. It's basically impossible to reach around and shave it. That's what gf's are for. Atleast I don't have too much back there. It is annoying though, I agree there.

Back