Hard time catching deep breath

tjc348

I've had a hard time catching a deep breath the past week. I'm supposed to be doing my 7th pin tomorrow of test 400 (2 200mg shots a week).

I'm taking arimidex .25 EOD.

I feel like I can't get a deep breath. ESPECIALLY after aand during my workout yesterday. I have an intense workout and could not breath to save my life afterwards. I was almost honesty close to going to the hospital I couldn't catch a breath.

Today was okay, still can't get a deep breath though. I don't get out of breath, I just can't get a deep one.

I can tell that the steroids have increased my anxiety for sure, along with the fact I just got a new job and stuff. However, I don't feel like I should feel like this.

Other than that I feel normal.

I'm close to not doing my shot tomorrow and going through the weekend to see how things go.

Could this be the Arimidex, or would it def be the test?

I've gained almost 12 lbs in the past 3 weeks

The breathing problem began majorly right after my last shot on tuesday. I'm afraid to do another one in fear that it could get worse. I've felt fine all up until the other day (my last injection)

Oh, and my Blood pressure is fine I've been checking it.

Last edited:
sounds to me like your oxygen levels could be low bro
if u have anxiety before gear some people get bad anxiety on gear
as for me i have anxiety issues but gear doesnt effect me like that, if anything i have a good sense of well being on gear!

Do you suffer from asthma or anything like that? How do you breath at the moment during heavy sets, a lot of people hold their breath when putting in max effort. Try pausing at the top of each rep and do a couple of quick breaths before continuing.

Do I tell my doctor what I am taking?

I normally breath pretty well during my sets.

Dont think ill be able to see a doctor till monday at this point.

Do you guys think I should skip my pin today? Should I go to the gym or hold off considering thats when it got worse?

Okay guys, I decided to go to a patients first since I can't get a doctor visit till next tuesday.

Do I tell the doctor what I am taking? test 400 and arimidex EOD ?

Also, what should I request to be checked? Blood oxygen levels?

what do I discuss with the doc?

I really don't want to stop my cycle, but that's why I'm going to get checked. If everything checks out then I would assume its okay to continue.

My anxiety has gotten worse, that could make my breathing worse, but during my workout the other night I know my anxiety was through the rough I felt so amped and just banged out sets like no tomorrow. then when I left I couldn't hardly catch a deep breath the rest of the night. probably over did it.

Right not my anxiety is fine, it comes and goes

Last edited:
Okay guys, I decided to go to a patients first since I can't get a doctor visit till next tuesday.

Do I tell the doctor what I am taking? test 400 and arimidex EOD ?

Also, what should I request to be checked? Blood oxygen levels?

what do I discuss with the doc?

I really don't want to stop my cycle, but that's why I'm going to get checked. If everything checks out then I would assume its okay to continue.

My anxiety has gotten worse, that could make my breathing worse, but during my workout the other night I know my anxiety was through the rough I felt so amped and just banged out sets like no tomorrow. then when I left I couldn't hardly catch a deep breath the rest of the night. probably over did it.

Right not my anxiety is fine, it comes and goes

This is really tricky cause it could be edema related to the test, although that is rare, and more likely with tren (but still rare with tren too). Could also be your heart. Do you feel faint at the same time as you feel breathless? How old are you? It is also tricky cause you gotta be careful what you tell your doc about test usage, as it will possibly stay with you and affect future insurance coverage if you are using "recreational drugs". The best you can say is that you tried some prohormones, but maybe don't even say anything at first. Have him listen to your lungs, then heart, and maybe EKG if he can (Many GPs have EKGs now in their offices).

This is really tricky cause it could be edema related to the test, although that is rare, and more likely with tren (but still rare with tren too). Could also be your heart. Do you feel faint at the same time as you feel breathless? How old are you? It is also tricky cause you gotta be careful what you tell your doc about test usage, as it will possibly stay with you and affect future insurance coverage if you are using "recreational drugs". The best you can say is that you tried some prohormones, but maybe don't even say anything at first. Have him listen to your lungs, then heart, and maybe EKG if he can (Many GPs have EKGs now in their offices).

I don't feel faint at all when trying to take deep breaths. I am 22 years old.

I went to patient first earlier, and my blood oxygen level is 99%, and my blood pressure was 79 over 151. Little high BP but I guess that's to be expected. I will keep an eye on it at my house to make sure it doesn't get too high.

The doctor checked my breathing with the scope, and did a chest x ray. He told me everything looked and sounded normal.

I told the doc I've been taking "pro hormones" for the past month, and they may be causing my anxiety to rise. He said that it will make my breathing worst due to anxiety (which I'm already aware of )

However, he did not even check my heart.

He didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, but I feel better getting my oxygen levels checked and seeing a doctor.

I honestly believe i feel this way due to anxiety. I've had bad anxiety before, and I can definitely feel my anxiety is worse in that past few weeks from the test. I've been trying to keep myself calm and it seems to be alot better.

In the gym tonight I didn't rush through my workout and took my time. I feel alright.

I think it's somewhat in my head.

I've had this issue in the past, but I think the fact that I'm on steroids it concerns me more. I'm going to continue my cycle and keep an eye on my blood pressure.

I have been drinking about 4-6 bottles of water each day, but I did some reading today and realized I should be getting a minimum of about 128 fl oz a day which is 8 bottles of water. I will be drinking more water about 8-10 bottles of water a day.

Hopefully ill get past this bump

Last edited:
I have had anxiety problems in the past...the feeling of not being able to get a good deep breath was my main sympton. Getting checked to eliminate problems was what ultimately got me over it. Anxiety will mimic a heart condition. But don't play with it, get checked..that in itself will make you feel better...

I do feel better. I almost feel as if it's all in my head now. Which honestly it may be. But I think I over did it the other night in the gym and then when I couldn't catch a deep breath it made me panic and increased my anxiety even more which escalated the problem.

I've had this feeling in the past.

Plus I'm eating alot and always feel full which can make getting a deep breath a little harder.

Either way, I'm gonna try to not think about it, and I am going to continue my cycle. If anything gets worse I'll get checked out but I think I'll be alright

I am surprised the doc didn't give you any pills for the anxiety. They sure do like to push those pills out.

He gave me a steroid inhaler, even after I told him it was probably my anxiety causing the breathing issue. He seemed like a dumbass quite honestly lol

I actually have some 1mg xanax in my household, and I was having anxiety breathing issues yesterday, took 1 and I pretty much felt completely normal from it. I was much more relaxed and was breathing waaay better. Just goes to show that it is actually anxiety caushing this

xanex? Try it it works wonder for anxiety lol, may make you tired though, so not very productive to working out....

also i usuly find i have a hard time breathing when im bloated, or drink a lot of water....

Back