Having surgery Tuesday morning

no1isbigger

Tueday 7:30am will be having my right rotator cuff repaired. I have a partial tear of the supraspinatus. I have Dr Sullivan who does a lot of the Milwaukee Bucks and Brewers doing it in Milwaukee. He will be scoping it, cleaning of bone spurs and putting anchors in.

Recovery time I am told is at 16 weeks i can start doing weight but very light, and at 24 -25 weeks should be able to start going all out again, with some changes to my training style.

So this put me out for the year but I am setting my sights on the 2009 season. If things go well I would like to do the JR Nationals and USA's and /or Masters or if it take longer the North Americans and/or Ntaionals.

If anyone has gone throught this and has any tips please let me know. From What i been reading is that sucking it up through the pain during the PT is what helps you the most with getting a full recovery.

I'll keep you informed.

TJ

no1isbigger said:
From What i been reading is that sucking it up through the pain during the PT is what helps you the most with getting a full recovery.

agreed

Back