having surgury while on gear.

freakmaster

I was just ready to start my new cycle and I go to the ent. spec. and he says I need surgury to remove polyps from my nose. I am due for the surgury in three weeks. My question is I know I am supposed to wait but I just want some feedback on anyone who has had surgury(minor) while on gear. I am getting tempted to start my cycle, but I know better. :(

i got a disc removed and a fusion in my back while on 1.5g of test and i was fine, if thats helps. I told the doc and analsagest sp? before though and they said id be fine.

fuzzy-1 said:
i got a disc removed and a fusion in my back while on 1.5g of test and i was fine, if thats helps. I told the doc and analsagest sp? before though and they said id be fine.

If your back is in that bad of shape why on earth were you taking that much gear? I can't imagine you would have actually been lifting in that kind of shape.

Dude, I have a fusion of L-4 , L-5 , S-1 and I could't even think of doing gear while going through a procedure like that. I'm 2 years post-op and still have some problems , but I do juice now. I just stay away from idiotic excercises like squats because of my condition. But you did juice all the way through your rehab work ??? I don't get it :dunno:

fuzzy-1 said:

1.5 grams of test a week is a lot even for someone without back trouble. I doubt you benifit from that much test when you can hardly even workout with a busted back.

orville burke was on gear when he went into in surgery, and he slipped into a coma, i thought being on steroids and going under a general was a no no.

you gotta be crazy to have surgery while on. why take the risk? is the gear gonna get up and runaway??????I wouldnt do it.

Steroids can affect your blood clotting. I wouldn't want a knife anywhere near me while on. Worst case scenario is if the surgery is botched because of excessive bleeding.

RB

The smartest thing to do is always tell your doctor that you are on gear, because it helps them know what you are taking. As for 1500mg of test that is just too much if you are seriously not going into BB really seriously.......seriously bro.....seriously. Haha lol.

I wouldn't even have a cavity filled at the dentist without telling him whats up...so you know there is no way in hell I would have a spinal fusion on gear...that is like begging for trouble.

I believe the anesthesia slows down the bood pressure quite a bite anyway if under general. Although to prevent complications any type of blood thinner or stimulant such as aspirin or caffiene is always frowned upon at least a week before the surgey.
Tell your Doc and especially the anesthesiologist about the steroids so they can take precautions as needed.

Also another note is the latency for surgical incisions to heal after the surgery.

I would wait until your are back to 100 %.

I just had shoulder surgery done mid cycle, I told them what was up and had no issues. I did get asked a lot of questions as to what everything was and why I was on.

Back