having to move meals due to work out...question

hardbody04

Ok due to work and just a busy life right now i cant do workouts in the evenigns so i will have to do them in the morning before i leave.

So i normally have my protein carb meal for meal 1 then protien fat etc....

With PWO consisting of dextrose/protein

My question is i will be going at around 06:30 in the morning now i don't normally eat this early. should i eat my normal meal one (oatmeal 8 oz eggwhites, protein powder) before workout or just do PWO meal after workout and count that as meal 1?

Thoughts

Thanks

some people can get away with training on an empty stomach (maybe some coffee). but i cant.

if anything, just throw some whey powder, oatmeal, and fruit in a blender and down it before you leave in the morning.

i used to train in the am after only 1 meal, but lately i have been training late in the evening and feel more awake, "warmed up", and better fed, and have much better workouts. this mayb not be an option for you, but id consider it.

Different things work for different people, but the majority of people should have food in their stomachs for an efficient workout. I would "force" yourself to get some food down in the morning. Maybe start out small and work your way up to a bigger meal. You can pretty much train your body to do anything. I would start training your body to eat in the morning. When I wake up, I'm famished.

I have a tough time eating that early in the morning...Try a cup of oatmeal with 2Tbsp peanut butter mixed together - 490 cal - 61g carbs - 18g protein...

eat it with water...Than have your PWO protein....

I find this as an easy meal...And great if your bout to workout...

We don't always eat for the taste. We eat to get the food in our body.

Throwin everything in a blender is a great idea too...Ive made some nasty shakes....

Last edited:
Thanks....i normally cann't eat that ealy i really don't like to eat till around 8 or 9am.....i guess i could try to do a eggwhite and protein shake and small bowl of oat meal....

would not eathing thought help me in process of staying leaner though....just like cardio before breakfast....you still get pumped and work sweat hammering out the routine...but then doing the dextrose/protien after for the first meal might be a little ruff on the body......all those simple sugars in the morning...?

Back