Having trouble getting TRT regimen dialed in

Hey dudes,

For once, this post is not about me, which is great! This post is about a friend of mine who has been to several doctors and TRT clinics. However, for reasons such as pain from injections and doctor ignorance he has not been able to feel better. To keep the post as short as possible, I'll just give a quick overview of his experience and the highlights of his recent lab results and go from there.

He is 41. He was diagnosed with low T or Hypogonadism many years ago (I'm not sure how long ago). He tried the patch and gel for several years and felt just a little bit better. Those therapies brought his test level just above the normal range.

For the last 2 years, he has been getting injections of Test Cyp. He has tried 300 mg every 2 weeks with no AI, which didn't help much. He then went to a TRT clinic which gave him 250 mg a week with Anastrozole at .5 mg twice a week with B12 and vitamin D. He says this did not work either and their Testosterone left a lot of PIP. I go to this place also and use their test and it does not leave me sore. He was at this place for over a year.

He just went to a different clinic and they started with labs. These labs were done after no injections for a long time because he got pissed and stopped therapy. Here are the results that are out of range.

Testosterone, Serum- 104 ng/dl Range 300-1200 LOW
FSH, Serum- <0.2 mIU/ml Range 1.5-12.4 LOW
Luteinizing Hormone- .4 mIU/ml Range 1.7-8.6 LOW
Testosterone, Free, Direct- 3.9 pg/ml Range 6.8-21.5 LOW
Estradiol- 8.9 pg/ml Range 7.6-42.6 NORMAL
PSA- NORMAL
Vitamin D- 26.8 ng/ml Range 30-100 LOW
Prolactin- 10.4 ng/ml Range 4.0-15.2 NORMAL
Hematocrit- 54.5 Range 37.5-51.0 HIGH

The doctor refused to treat him because his Hematocrit was too high. My big questions:
What causes high Hematocrit?
Could this be a symptom of a bigger problem?

In my experience my Hematocrit goes down as my test levels go down and Google searches only suggested he is dehydrated. Thanks in advance!

Hey dudes,

For once, this post is not about me, which is great! This post is about a friend of mine who has been to several doctors and TRT clinics. However, for reasons such as pain from injections and doctor ignorance he has not been able to feel better. To keep the post as short as possible, I'll just give a quick overview of his experience and the highlights of his recent lab results and go from there.

He is 41. He was diagnosed with low T or Hypogonadism many years ago (I'm not sure how long ago). He tried the patch and gel for several years and felt just a little bit better. Those therapies brought his test level just above the normal range.

For the last 2 years, he has been getting injections of Test Cyp. He has tried 300 mg every 2 weeks with no AI, which didn't help much. He then went to a TRT clinic which gave him 250 mg a week with Anastrozole at .5 mg twice a week with B12 and vitamin D. He says this did not work either and their Testosterone left a lot of PIP. I go to this place also and use their test and it does not leave me sore. He was at this place for over a year.

He just went to a different clinic and they started with labs. These labs were done after no injections for a long time because he got pissed and stopped therapy. Here are the results that are out of range.

Testosterone, Serum- 104 ng/dl Range 300-1200 LOW
FSH, Serum- <0.2 mIU/ml Range 1.5-12.4 LOW
Luteinizing Hormone- .4 mIU/ml Range 1.7-8.6 LOW
Testosterone, Free, Direct- 3.9 pg/ml Range 6.8-21.5 LOW
Estradiol- 8.9 pg/ml Range 7.6-42.6 NORMAL
PSA- NORMAL
Vitamin D- 26.8 ng/ml Range 30-100 LOW
Prolactin- 10.4 ng/ml Range 4.0-15.2 NORMAL
Hematocrit- 54.5 Range 37.5-51.0 HIGH

The doctor refused to treat him because his Hematocrit was too high. My big questions:
What causes high Hematocrit?
Could this be a symptom of a bigger problem?

In my experience my Hematocrit goes down as my test levels go down and Google searches only suggested he is dehydrated. Thanks in advance!

Exogenous test raises hematocrit. He simply needs to donate blood every 56 days to lower it and keep it in the normal range. Easy peasy!

He has been on some terrible TRT protocols. Have your friend come here and someone reading. Tell him to start with the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread. Or print it out for him...

Exogenous test raises hematocrit. He simply needs to donate blood every 56 days to lower it and keep it in the normal range. Easy peasy!

He has been on some terrible TRT protocols. Have your friend come here and someone reading. Tell him to start with the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread. Or print it out for him...

The only problem is he has not injected any testosterone for a couple of months. Wouldn't his Hematacrit go down on its own in that amount of time? His total test was only 104 but Hematocrit was still over the top.

The only problem is he has not injected any testosterone for a couple of months. Wouldn't his Hematacrit go down on its own in that amount of time? His total test was only 104 but Hematocrit was still over the top.

Slowly. He should donate blood. It is easy.

I agree with the doc, he is too high to start now. Tell him he should talk to his doctor about cutting all vitamin B supplements. And doing what Megatron said an retesting.

Back