HCG as primary HRT

Jawbone

I listened to a open discussion on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) where the doctors said Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is used FIRST as a means of building Test levels and only after this is done then injections of test are used to reach high normal physiologic levels. The thought is to optimize your own physiology first. My first question to this board was how many Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) pts are using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to prevent testicular atrophy, but now I am wondering how many are using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) as a PRIMARY drug in HRT??

Thanks

As a primary not I said the handsome prince. Sorry Bro just had to do it. That wasn't even presented to me as an option. I use it pervent athorpy when upping my doses(cycle) and 2 weeks after to get um back to normal.

I told that would be what would be offered to me, before I'd get a script. Actually I was told Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) with clomid, but I got a script.

JohnnyB

but WHY?
If it is estrogen levels? Doesn't Test have to be converted to Estrogen to get high estrogen?? Doesn't this happen with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) too??

Yes but it happens over time, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) spikes both which is why its usually used during a cycle.

HCG can only be used for short periods of time (or a couple days a week over longer periods of time) thus its not an option for HRT

Its primary use is only to fool the body into making more jizz at the old factory, so agreed its not for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) by any means.

Jawbone said:
JohnnyB

What did your 2nd paragraph mean??
I left the was part out. I was told that would be what they'd try to do first, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and clomid.

JohnnyB

I've never seen any docs or abstracts discussing it, but I know that some BBs have discusses using anti-estrogens like nolvadex or clomid as a way to boost "natural" testosterone levels.

Also, do Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosages (100mg/wk) cause that much testicular atrophy?

Stillgoing said:
HCG can only be used for short periods of time (or a couple days a week over longer periods of time) thus its not an option for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)

Not true. Some people are on it long term (HRT). I personally wouldn't want to be, but some are.

buffdoc said:
Not true. Some people are on it long term (HRT). I personally wouldn't want to be, but some are.

Really!? Wow. Doesn't make sense to me but I guess I stand corrected. Thanks..

DTOX said:

Also, do Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dosages (100mg/wk) cause that much testicular atrophy?

Hopefully Doc will return, but the average man produces less than that, so yes its enough to shut you down. I had heard that the average man produces about "70mg" worth of test per week.

I really cant see the point in taking Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) if you going through Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). I mean sure it will spike t and e levels but if you not using anything to spark some LH then what would be the point? I guess you could use it just to keep the testes from going into atrophy, but other than that I really see no use for it in hrt.

Stone, how long of a cycle are we talking? I've had only minor shrinkage so far but have never been on as long as some people have, and of course I've used more than 100mg/week but never over 625mg test/wk.

HCG is considered treatment of choice for secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism. As a LH analog, that certainly makes sense.

However, when you get right down to where the rubber hits the road, it falls short of expectations. I experimented with it for this purpose extensively on myself, and have had about half a dozen patients try it, too. Sure, you get a good boost in serum T levels, but for some strange reason, you don't really feel the benefits of it (like you do when attaining the same serum T concentration with Upjohn test cyp). It is the same situation as using Clomid as sole testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). If THAT worked, it would be great (and easy) to just have every patient take a couple pills each day.

Also, you have to use it every day in order to produce a steady serum T level. An insulin syringe works great for 500IU, but if you need more than that, then you have to do two injections (I have found that more than 1/2 cc at a time SC is uncomfortable).

That is why I abandoned Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) as sole Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). I use it instead to prevent atrophy of the testicles, with injections on two consecutive days each week. That also stimulates the metabolic pathway at other points as well, as LH has actions in the conversion of CHOL to pregnenolone (the rate limiting step in all three steroidal pathways).

Stone--I regularly see complete inhibition of LH production in men at 100mg per week of Upjohn. If you aren't, I'm thinking that's just because you are so doggoned TOUGH!

Back