HCG will not help jumpstart testosterone production per doctor

JGear

Hey Guys,

While I was doing some research, I found a lead on google where a 41 year old male took Deca, and his body's natural test levels dropped to 95 ng/dl. This person sought a doctors advise via the internet, and here is the dialogue they engaged in.

Essentially, the patient is asking how much HCG is required to jumpstart his body's natural test production, BUT the doctor is claiming that HCG will NOT jumpstart the body's natural test production. This goes against everything that we have learned? WTF?

Link is listed below. Has anyone sought medical advise on this topic before?

justanswer.com/medical/4iug2-i-m-41-years-old-testosterone-level-low-95.html

You don't jump start a 41 year old male. You find the cause and treat it. If it's simple age-related depletion you go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Younger folks are a different story.

You don't jump start a 41 year old male. You find the cause and treat it. If it's simple age-related depletion you go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Younger folks are a different story.

The guy said it was a post-deca cycle. Its AAS related.

The guy said it was a post-deca cycle. Its AAS related.

Doesn't matter. Deca lowers test level. That's how it works. We don't know how long after this cycle he got the low T results. Furthermore, that doctor responding to him is a gynaecologist. Either way, you don't jumpstart him.

It's like asking a plumber to fix my car.

Doesn't matter. Deca lowers test level. That's how it works. We don't know how long after this cycle he got the low T results. Furthermore, that doctor responding to him is a gynaecologist. Either way, you don't jumpstart him.

It's like asking a plumber to fix my car.

Out of curiosity, what were your natty test levels before you juiced and after?

I always thought that HCG just held off atrophy. post cycle therapy (pct) is what jump starts test production, HCG just gives you something to work with, Without it, you need to wait for the boys to come back up to size before post cycle therapy (pct) can get them going. I realize that's a low science explanation, but isn't that basically true?

strange, many people here in australia have recovered via the power post cycle therapy (pct) method by dr scally.

The doctor is correct, it technically does not jumpstart test production and in fact, it is suppresses the HPTA at the level of the pituitary.

HCG mimics LH in the body...and LH is the messanger which directly tells the testes to produce testosterone. When you take exogenous AAS, the brain picks up on the excess level of anabolic-androgenic hormones and then tells the pituitary to stop producing LH. With no more LH to order the testes to produce testosterone, natural testosterone levels drop and since the testes are no longer being used for testosterone production, they shrink. This process is what we call suppression.

When you inject HCG, you bypass the pituitary, as the HCG travels right to the testes and orders them to produce testosterone. Because the body has no need for its own LH when using HCG, the pituitary will either ceasse LH production...or remain suppressed if it is already in a suppressed state. So, when you take HCG, it does result in negative feedback, causing the HPTA to shutdown (or remain shidown) at the level of the pituitay.

When looking at it from this point of view, the doctor is completely correct. HCG does NOT re-start the HPTA...it ONLY keeps the tests functioning through exogenous means. Still, this is beneficial for recovery because atrophied testes are not able to produce adequate testosterone. Before the testes can fully respond to PCT drugs and begin producing normal amounts of testosterone, they must re-grow to a normal size. By keeping the testes at a normal size throight the cycle, they are able to immediately respond to the LH produced by the pituitary when the person begins using PCT drugs. Altogether, HCG probably speeds up recovery by a few weeks.

The peptide triptophan (I think its spelled) will jumpstart test production.
Its a great peptide but use sparingly, a 100mcg injection does wonders to raise test production nearly permanently. On a side note this peptide is also involved in castrations of sorts at 3-5gram doses that will cause a crisis overload and kill your production permanently. But youd need 30+ vials injected to reach there as its sold in 100mcg doses only. Usr it sparingly, once a year or twice at most. It also can be a huge help to guys who have been on for a very long time, spoke with a man on for 4 yeara, couldn't recover until thia peptide, took one shot and test levels are over 700 a year after the injection (up from 190 before it)

Its a great peptide but use sparingly, a 100mcg injection does wonders to raise test production nearly permanently. On a side note this peptide is also involved in castrations of sorts at 3-5gram doses that will cause a crisis overload and kill your production permanently. But youd need 30+ vials injected to reach there as its sold in 100mcg doses only. Usr it sparingly, once a year or twice at most. It also can be a huge help to guys who have been on for a very long time, spoke with a man on for 4 yeara, couldn't recover until thia peptide, took one shot and test levels are over 700 a year after the injection (up from 190 before it)

lol. Nice side note. Any data you can provide on this? Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to 5-HTP and is a serotonin agonist. Injectable has shown effects on GH, but I'd like to educate myself on what you're referring to.

The doctor is correct, it technically does not jumpstart test production and in fact, it is suppresses the HPTA at the level of the pituitary.

HCG mimics LH in the body...and LH is the messanger which directly tells the testes to produce testosterone. When you take exogenous AAS, the brain picks up on the excess level of anabolic-androgenic hormones and then tells the pituitary to stop producing LH. With no more LH to order the testes to produce testosterone, natural testosterone levels drop and since the testes are no longer being used for testosterone production, they shrink. This process is what we call suppression.

When you inject Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), you bypass the pituitary, as the HCG travels right to the testes and orders them to produce testosterone. Because the body has no need for its own LH when using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), the pituitary will either ceasse LH production...or remain suppressed if it is already in a suppressed state. So, when you take Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), it does result in negative feedback, causing the HPTA to shutdown (or remain shidown) at the level of the pituitay.

When looking at it from this point of view, the doctor is completely correct. HCG does NOT re-start the HPTA...it ONLY keeps the tests functioning through exogenous means. Still, this is beneficial for recovery because atrophied testes are not able to produce adequate testosterone. Before the testes can fully respond to PCT drugs and begin producing normal amounts of testosterone, they must re-grow to a normal size. By keeping the testes at a normal size throight the cycle, they are able to immediately respond to the LH produced by the pituitary when the person begins using PCT drugs. Altogether, HCG probably speeds up recovery by a few weeks.

Hey Arnold, thanks for your feedback. However, this raises a few questions. So if HCG does not restart the HPTA but orders the testes to function. Once the HCG is cut off doesnt that imply that the testes will no longer produce any testosterone, correct? So by providing your body with HCG not only are your testes producing testosterone but they are also growing correct? (Hopefully to their original state, has there ever been a case where the testes overgrew?)

At this point even aft the HCG supplementation, what triggers the pituitary to start producing LH, to product testosterone naturally? Is it the Clomid? If Clomid is used to treat ovulation problems in women how does that have any correlation to helping the body produce testosterone?

Was this recommended by a medical professional or did you come about this from your own research? For some reason when I googled this, it linked it to Clomid, is there a reason?

lol. Nice side note. Any data you can provide on this? Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts to 5-HTP and is a serotonin agonist. Injectable has shown effects on GH, but I'd like to educate myself on what you're referring to.

He's talking about triptorelin

Well i think to share my experience with this discussion:

I also was told by my endocrinologist that shooting HCG will not help with my test production at all. She literally said it's piss in the wind and a waste of money. I argued with my personal experience and told her that by balls shrunk (as expected) on cycle and mid cycle i started administering 500 UIs per week (divided in 2) the balls started to recover in size and apparently in juice quantity also. She then asked me who gave me this protocol and then i had to say it was from the net. Big fucking mistake! She then replied "well how many people that take AAS and even documented on the subject have doctorate degree in endocrinology?!" That shut me up pretty quickly LOL

She also mentioned that shooting big amounts in one shot (say 5000 IUs) will not desensitize the leydlig cells

PS: To see what she was all about i went to take some blood works especially for the LH. Blood work came back with surprising results! LH was still suppressed and low-to none (0.07) and that was the SAME results while i was on cycle without HCG addition. And i had to ask how can it be? Nobody could answer that! Especially since i SAW that my nuts started to recover in size and fullness.

Last edited:
Well i think to share my experience with this discussion:

I also was told by my endocrinologist that shooting HCG will not help with my test production at all. She literally said it's piss in the wind and a waste of money. I argued with my personal experience and told her that by balls shrunk (as expected) on cycle and mid cycle i started administering 500 UIs per week (divided in 2) the balls started to recover in size and apparently in juice quantity also. She then asked me who gave me this protocol and then i had to say it was from the net. Big fucking mistake! She then replied "well how many people that take AAS and even documented on the subject have doctorate degree in endocrinology?!" That shut me up pretty quickly LOL

She also mentioned that shooting big amounts in one shot (say 5000 IUs) will not desensitize the leydlig cells

PS: To see what she was all about i went to take some blood works especially for the LH. Blood work came back with surprising results! LH was still suppressed and low-to none (0.07) and that was the SAME results while i was on cycle without HCG addition. And i had to ask how can it be? Nobody could answer that! Especially since i SAW that my nuts started to recover in size and fullness.

hCG-induced leydig cell desensitization isn't going to happen to everyone. It does happen, however. Generalizing sucks.

Back