HCG will not help jumpstart testosterone production per doctor

Well i think to share my experience with this discussion:

I also was told by my endocrinologist that shooting Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will not help with my test production at all. She literally said it's piss in the wind and a waste of money. I argued with my personal experience and told her that by balls shrunk (as expected) on cycle and mid cycle i started administering 500 UIs per week (divided in 2) the balls started to recover in size and apparently in juice quantity also. She then asked me who gave me this protocol and then i had to say it was from the net. Big fucking mistake! She then replied "well how many people that take AAS and even documented on the subject have doctorate degree in endocrinology?!" That shut me up pretty quickly LOL

She also mentioned that shooting big amounts in one shot (say 5000 IUs) will not desensitize the leydlig cells

PS: To see what she was all about i went to take some blood works especially for the LH. Blood work came back with surprising results! LH was still suppressed and low-to none (0.07) and that was the SAME results while i was on cycle without Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) addition. And i had to ask how can it be? Nobody could answer that! Especially since i SAW that my nuts started to recover in size and fullness.

If Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will not help in Test production, what did your doctor say will? If Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a waste, then why is it so prominent i n any Cycle? Science does not support what we believe.

I always thought that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) just held off atrophy. post cycle therapy (pct) is what jump starts test production, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) just gives you something to work with, Without it, you need to wait for the boys to come back up to size before post cycle therapy (pct) can get them going. I realize that's a low science explanation, but isn't that basically true?

This^^

Science in fact does support hCG on cycle. It's very simple actually. Problems do not magically appear after you cycle. Problems begin and happen while you're on cycle.

Why would you wear a seatbelt after you get in a wreck? Doesn't make any sense.

Science in fact does support hCG on cycle. It's very simple actually. Problems do not magically appear after you cycle. Problems begin and happen while you're on cycle.

Why would you wear a seatbelt after you get in a wreck? Doesn't make any sense.

Wearing a seatbelt, and injecting hormones that my alter your body's natural hormonal production are 2 completely different things. The Endocrinologist just said Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) does NOT stimulate test production, and Andreid said despite feeling that his testes were growing larger to what he believed was a result of the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) injections, it in fact did not support any test production.

Wearing a seatbelt, and injecting hormones that my alter your body's natural hormonal production are 2 completely different things. The Endocrinologist just said Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) does NOT stimulate test production, and Andreid said despite feeling that his testes were growing larger to what he believed was a result of the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) injections, it in fact did not support any test production.

No kidding? It was a figure of speech/mirroring example. My comment was in relation to hCG use on cycle, which many people lately are attempting to convince everyone that it's not needed and it should be blasted post cycle.

No kidding? It was a figure of speech/mirroring example. My comment was in relation to hCG use on cycle, which many people lately are attempting to convince everyone that it's not needed and it should be blasted post cycle.

Im not implying that it is not needed. Now, the ideal purpose of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is to keep your testes from not only shrinking by mimicking the effects of LH. LH is to supports testosterone production from the testes, however if HCG's effect does not support test production, then what is its primary purpose in a cycle?

Im not implying that it is not needed. Now, the ideal purpose of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is to keep your testes from not only shrinking by mimicking the effects of LH. LH is to supports testosterone production from the testes, however if HCG's effect does not support test production, then what is its primary purpose in a cycle?

Mike Arnold already answered this on page one. Read the entire post bc it's got some good information but I cut out the relavent part.

When looking at it from this point of view, the doctor is completely correct. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) does NOT re-start the HPTA...it ONLY keeps the tests functioning through exogenous means. Still, this is beneficial for recovery because atrophied testes are not able to produce adequate testosterone. Before the testes can fully respond to PCT drugs and begin producing normal amounts of testosterone, they must re-grow to a normal size. By keeping the testes at a normal size throight the cycle, they are able to immediately respond to the LH produced by the pituitary when the person begins using PCT drugs. Altogether, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) probably speeds up recovery by a few weeks.

Yes but still...if you shoot Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) wouldn't that spike the LH (that's already suppressed)? If yes then why my results came back the same as before HCG? If no then i rest my case...

Yes but still...if you shoot Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) wouldn't that spike the LH (that's already suppressed)? If yes then why my results came back the same as before HCG? If no then i rest my case...

You're assuming Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is LH which it is not. They are two very different things. Re-read Mike Arnold's post on the first page. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) MIMICKS LH actions in the tetes while bypassing the pituitary. It stimulates the testes to produce endogenous testosterone. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) WILL NOT spike LH levels, in fact it will suppress them or further the suppression of them if already suppressed. When you take the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) it's acting as a synthetic LH signal to the testes. The testes will then realize there is no need to produce LH because they are already being simulated enough to produce endogenous testosterone and LH levels consequently drop or stay dropped

You're assuming Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is LH which it is not. They are two very different things. Re-read Mike Arnold's post on the first page. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) MIMICKS LH actions in the tetes while bypassing the pituitary. It stimulates the testes to produce endogenous testosterone. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) WILL NOT spike LH levels, in fact it will suppress them or further the suppression of them if already suppressed. When you take the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) it's acting as a synthetic LH signal to the testes. The testes will then realize there is no need to produce LH because they are already being simulated enough to produce endogenous testosterone and LH levels consequently drop or stay dropped
Oh thanks for the clear up Doc! Now it all makes sense.

Well i think to share my experience with this discussion:

I also was told by my endocrinologist that shooting Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will not help with my test production at all. She literally said it's piss in the wind and a waste of money. I argued with my personal experience and told her that by balls shrunk (as expected) on cycle and mid cycle i started administering 500 UIs per week (divided in 2) the balls started to recover in size and apparently in juice quantity also. She then asked me who gave me this protocol and then i had to say it was from the net. Big fucking mistake! She then replied "well how many people that take AAS and even documented on the subject have doctorate degree in endocrinology?!" That shut me up pretty quickly LOL

She also mentioned that shooting big amounts in one shot (say 5000 IUs) will not desensitize the leydlig cells

PS: To see what she was all about i went to take some blood works especially for the LH. Blood work came back with surprising results! LH was still suppressed and low-to none (0.07) and that was the SAME results while i was on cycle without Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) addition. And i had to ask how can it be? Nobody could answer that! Especially since i SAW that my nuts started to recover in size and fullness.

If you read my post above, you will find your answer in more elaborate form. In short, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) mimics the actions of LH in the body, telling the testes to begin producing tstosterone. However, because it mimics LH, the body will turn off its own LH prpoduction. Therefore, LH is suppressed at the level of the pituitary (where LH is produced) but it still promotes testoterone production through direct interaction with the testes.

Your doctor is VERY wrong when she says Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is worthless for restoration of the HPTA. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) works indirectly to restore the HPTA by priming the testes for maximum testosterone production. Severely atrophied testes are not able to respond as effectively to serm therapy (clomid, nolva), as their diminished size cannot support maximum testosterone production. In other words, by implementing serm therapy while the testes are still severely atrophied, they will be unable to fully respond to the LH signal being sent to them (assuming LH production is then adequate). By maintaining the testes at a normal size through Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) therapy, serm therapy can progress unhindered. I

On a side note, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will maintain fertility while on AAS.

Last edited:
If you read my post above, you will find your answer in more elaborate form. In short, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) mimics the actions of LH in the body, telling the testes to begin producing tstosterone. However, because it mimics LH, the body will turn off its own LH prpoduction. Therefore, LH is suppressive at the level of the pituitary (where LH is produced) by still promotes testoterone production through direct interaction with the testes.

Your doctor is VERY wrong when she says Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is worthless for restoration of the HPTA. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) works indirectly to restore the HPTA by priming the testes for maximum testosterone production. Severely atrophied testes are not able to respond as effectively to serm therapy (clomid, nolva), as their diminished size cannot support maximum testosterone production. In other words, by implementing serm therapy while the testes are still severely atrophied, they will be unable to fully respond to the LH signal being sent to them (assuming LH production is then adequate). By maintaining the testes at a normal size through Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) therapy, serm therapy can progress unhindered. I

On a side note, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will maintain fertility while on AAS.

Thanks Mike for the clear up and wrap up of this story. I'm glad that she is wrong simply because i'm sick of the all knowing people that don't even want to listen first and judge later. What you say makes complete sense.

On the other hand i didn't know Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will impact fertility (in a good way).

PS: After i told her that i jumped on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) mid cycle for the reasons stated earlier (some testicular atrophy), she told me i can bet my life i'm completely infertile. I tended to agree with her since i saw that on cycle and especially when i started to get some testicular atrophy, my juice was....well watery...you know lacking the white substance. Good to know that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) maintains fertility but through what means....that's what really makes me curious. Is it because of the LH mimic or because of other routes?

Thanks Mike for the clear up and wrap up of this story. I'm glad that she is wrong simply because i'm sick of the all knowing people that don't even want to listen first and judge later. What you say makes complete sense.

On the other hand i didn't know Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will impact fertility (in a good way).

PS: After i told her that i jumped on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) mid cycle for the reasons stated earlier (some testicular atrophy), she told me i can bet my life i'm completely infertile. I tended to agree with her since i saw that on cycle and especially when i started to get some testicular atrophy, my juice was....well watery...you know lacking the white substance. Good to know that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) maintains fertility but through what means....that's what really makes me curious. Is it because of the LH mimic or because of other routes?

It will not completely maintain fertility, but it does help. You can basically look at Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) as fake LH. The body doesn't really recognize the difference. So, if you inject Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) from the start of a cycle, it is like LH production never stopped. Of course, you will still be suppressed at the level of the pituitary (natural LH production), but it won't have any effect on actual testosterone production because the testes are still recieving the signal to produce testosterone. It is only the pituitary that is malfunctioning at that point..

This is why steroid users can juice up for months or years straight but still maintain testicular size with the concurrent use of HCG. If the testes were not producing any testosterone or sperm, they would atrophy severely. The fact that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) makes your testes re-grow in mid-cycle proves that production has resumed. There is no other reason for the testes to re-grow.

Still, although Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is effective for maintaining testosterone levels, it will not completely maintains sperm count, as FSH levels will remain partially suppressed when using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) alone. A better alternative for increasing sperm count is HMG, which directly elevates FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). FSH is responsible for the production of sperm in the body. Using both Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) & HMG is the best way to maintain testosteroien & sperm production, but the two drugs are used very differently.

I know several guys who impregnated their wives a few years into their cycle. All of them were using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) the entire time...most of them at 500 IU, 2X weekly. I don't know of a single guy who impregnated his wife a few years into a cycle when Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) was not being used. Sperm count & motility would be severely suppressed without the use of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and/or HMG. Even in my own case, after being on AAS for years, my sperm levels were in the lower range, but still capable of imprenating my wife, so my wife went on brith control. Eventually, after decidng we weren't going to have any more children, I stopped the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and she stopped her birth control. My sperm count went down to almost nothing within a few months. For any steroid user, especially the younger guys without children, I HIGHLY recommend using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) @ 500 IU, 2X weekly during all cycles. I also recommend the intermittent use of HMG, although in order to avoid getting into another conversation on the ideal application of HMG in males (which is yet to be decided), I won't comment on its use in this post (it is best reserve for an entirely different thread).

Last edited:
Back