head injury caused by lifting????????

turboant

Last sunday, I was at the gym doing my normal routine, Right on my last set I incountered a serious headache pain only on the right side of my head right in the middle. Its more of a pressure ,throbbing pain more than a headache, but its really bothering me, and its painful at times. I still have this pain on and off and ths happened last Sunday! I went to the ER and got checked out, everything back normal. I took a little break from the gym aftere this happened, I went back finally on Wed night, and right when I started to go my routine, The pain starting coming, and I had to stop! So the reason Iam writing this, is because Im wonderng should I stop my cycle and not work out for about a week, or should I keep up my cycle, and take a little break inbetween? If I should take a break, about how long would you recomend me taking off? Please if anyone has any advice for me, please give it to me! thank you.
Anthony

if you have the stuff to do it, you should take your bp at the beginning of your work out and in the middle of it and at the end of it to see if there are any major changes.

go see a sports med doc..i have one..i used to get bad headaches while on and training heavy..especially deads and aquats..it was my bp...best to get it checked out...if you are unsure whether to keep on the gear or get off, just stop and go see the doc...my doc is coolo about gear...he used to power lift, bp went through the roof and he had an anurism and almost died...not trying to scare you, but gear can increase bp and cholesterol..just go get checked out to play it safe..

e

Did the doctors you saw give you any indication as to the cause of the headaches? What tests did they perform?

I've had this before and it was from a muscle strain that went right to the back of my skull.

I kept a creme on it, took Alleve for a few days, always warm up with some neck exercises on a jumpstretch band, and the pain went away after a few weeks of squatting. I didn't stop squating though...just lightened the load a bit. You could also switch to front squats for a few weeks.

It could also be your blood sugar...

B True

jph said:
if you have the stuff to do it, you should take your bp at the beginning of your work out and in the middle of it and at the end of it to see if there are any major changes.
if his bp isnt elevated after working out hes wasting his time at the gym . physical stress causes a rise in bp and pulse

DADAWG said:
if his bp isnt elevated after working out hes wasting his time at the gym . physical stress causes a rise in bp and pulse

will i havent benn to the gym for about 4 days now and when i go back im going to check my bp im just starting to feel beter thank ever one for the info

Back