Heart Attack advice please

tom_s70

Board,

I have started a cycle of Sus around 3 weeks ago. Up until last Monday, I have only taken 3 amps 4 days apart. Last monday morning I took some ephedrine tabs and went to work. I got home and took 250mg of sus and did a light work out and went to bed. I work up with a gorilla sitting on my chest at 1:30 am tuesday morning. I waited until Weds afternoon and went to the ER to find out that I had a heart attack. After all of the test including a cath, they found out that I have a 70% blockage on the front main artery. They were going to do a bypass, then my crazy doctor ran me through a stress test and I passed that, he then released me from the hospital and told me to see him in 2 weeks. I told them everything that I was on including the sus. My house doctor told me that Test. will not cause a heart attack and most likely it was caused by the Ephedrine tabs that I have been taking on and off for over 2 years. My cardiologist on the other hand blamed the event of the Sus250 and the blockage. I am getting a second opinion on the bypass on Friday.

My real question is, would the sus250 cause me to have a heart attack?
and will I ever be able to or should I ever risk taking any kind of roids again. I love to work out and I am a newbee more or less with roids. I have taken Dbol off and on a couple of times in the past.

I am 34 years old. 5'8" 160lbs
I have been a smoker for 20 years.

Thanks for any advice. These doctors are driving me nuts with their conflicting opinions on taking the Sus.

Well combine the ephedrine with the two decades of smoking and perhaps you may want to rethink a few things.
Hopefully some actual doctors here would reply.

If I had 70% blockage in my main artery, I sure in the hell would not be worried about taking roids right now bro, you need to get yourself better and have that problem fixed.......just my opinion!

Definitely sounds like the ephedra tabs and smoking. But let us know what the next doc says.

BUFFDAWG10 said:
If I had 70% blockage in my main artery, I sure in the hell would not be worried about taking roids right now bro, you need to get yourself better and have that problem fixed.......just my opinion!

Very true. I'd be getting off everything regardless and taking whatever the doc recommends.

Bro-- please don't take this the wrong way, but to have a acute MI at your age you have been cursed with bad genetics, regardless of your lifestyle.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but I don't think Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) (above Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) levels) or ephedrine are for you- now or ever again. You have been developing an atheroslerotic plaque in that coronary artery for years without knowing about it. The plaque slowly narrows the artery until it becomes hemodynamically significant (around 70% and above) or you develop coronary vasospasm from an exogenous vasopressor (ephedrine, cocaine, crystal meth etc etc). The plaque fractures and releases inflammatory material into the vessel that leads to clotting and occlusion of the vessel. They probably gave you blood thinning medication (ie aspirin, heparin, plavix etc) when you first came in and hopefully thrombolysis with medication or thru angioplasty (balloon and stent) so the clot dissolves and the artery stays open so your heart muscle remains perfused.

The cardiologist will talk to you about risk reduction/lifestyle modification including diet (a "Mediterrean Diet" which is totally unsuitable for a BB trying to gain size-- you can only have meat one meal every 48 hrs!), statin therapy for cholesterol, aspirin for life, very intensive BP control, very intensive BP control, never smoking again, lots of cardio and eventually back to weight lifting. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) have adverse effects (at our doses) on BP and cholesterol-- I'd give it up.

Atherosclerosis is unfortunately an incurable disease (right now, anyway) and almost all of us get it eventually. Your life is going to have to change a lot if you're to do well in the long term.

Good luck, bro.

Thanks for all of the replys. There is nothing in my family history showing heart problems. They could not do a sten due to the fact in was to close to the heart, so he opted for a bypass. Either way, I need a major life style change. I own a small farm and we eat all of the meat, chickens and eggs that you could ever what. He put me on several high blood pressure meds that I am not taking due to the fact, I never had high blood pressure thourghout this whole issue. I am also on blood thinner and Lipitor which I don't mind taking for now. I will provide more info on Friday. Just stay away from that Ephedrina Muhong extract stuff. That is bad news.

Lunkhead said:
Bro-- please don't take this the wrong way, but to have a acute MI at your age you have been cursed with bad genetics, regardless of your lifestyle.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but I don't think Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) (above Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) levels) or ephedrine are for you- now or ever again. You have been developing an atheroslerotic plaque in that coronary artery for years without knowing about it. The plaque slowly narrows the artery until it becomes hemodynamically significant (around 70% and above) or you develop coronary vasospasm from an exogenous vasopressor (ephedrine, cocaine, crystal meth etc etc). The plaque fractures and releases inflammatory material into the vessel that leads to clotting and occlusion of the vessel. They probably gave you blood thinning medication (ie aspirin, heparin, plavix etc) when you first came in and hopefully thrombolysis with medication or thru angioplasty (balloon and stent) so the clot dissolves and the artery stays open so your heart muscle remains perfused.

The cardiologist will talk to you about risk reduction/lifestyle modification including diet (a "Mediterrean Diet" which is totally unsuitable for a BB trying to gain size-- you can only have meat one meal every 48 hrs!), statin therapy for cholesterol, aspirin for life, very intensive BP control, very intensive BP control, never smoking again, lots of cardio and eventually back to weight lifting. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) have adverse effects (at our doses) on BP and cholesterol-- I'd give it up.

Atherosclerosis is unfortunately an incurable disease (right now, anyway) and almost all of us get it eventually. Your life is going to have to change a lot if you're to do well in the long term.

Good luck, bro.

Damn bro good info. You need to post more.

ok. i am no doc, but let me point some things out for you.

Your genetics\eating habits\ smoking ae what caused the blockage. You need to get that in check. The ephedrine raises your blood pressure, so that certainly wiull not help. However, ephedrine doesnt cause arteries to clog. See above. The test you started taking has barely begun to kick in, so i doubt that it is affecting your blood pressure right now. Since you have only been on it a short time and i dont see any orals in there, i doubt the sauce has changed your lipid profiles yet or raised your blood pressure.

I would like to slap the doctor who said it is the juice, but since he is an m.d. and i am not, he over rules me by a whole hell of a lot on the bitch slap powers. Stop the juice and ephedrine, since raised blood pressure is not what you need. Get your shit together and go see some docs.

In a matter of a few weeks I dont see test doing that at all, but I'm no doctor. Long term HDL/LDL ratios could perhaps be a problem, other than that I cant see it being test at all, so I think it was something else.

I think it's a good time to quit smoking ,don't you ? Smoking is resposible for more deaths each year,you don't need the trouble. I can't see working out and smoking,it does'nt fit in?

Smoking kills 500,000 americans each year, if your a smoker why bother taking sus 250 and working out? Your lucky you got a "wake up call". Quit smoking, reduce fats and get that blockage taken care of. Research articles on testosterone and CVD, its actually beneficial for the aging heart. Your going to come out of this fine providing that you make the proper lifestyle changes. Good luck.

Back