Heart burn or acid reflux

DirkMoneyshot

Hey guys, Not sure what to do about this. I've been getting bad acid reflux for the last week. Its the worse right after i get up. Any of you guys experience this and what do you do.

Thanks
Dirk

I get that big time when on Dianabol. Eat more fibre/bran and take a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a little water just before you go to bed. That sorts me out 100%

Last edited:
Watch the bicarb. Lots of sodium! Diet changes will help a lot. You probably know what foods you are eating that triggers it more than other foods. Also, you might want to try Tagament OTC or Prilosec which is just recently been available OTC also. Finally, weight control also plays a factors in GERD. Generally, most docs will try to reduce weight if needed and diet changes(avoid coffee, chocolate, booze) along with increasing cardio type exercise.

Watch the bicarb. Lots of sodium! Diet changes will help a lot. You probably know what foods you are eating that triggers it more than other foods. Also, you might want to try Tagament OTC or Prilosec which is just recently been available OTC also. Finally, weight control also plays a factors in GERD. Generally, most docs will try to reduce weight if needed and diet changes(avoid coffee, chocolate, booze) along with increasing cardio type exercise.

good stuff bro

i have acid reflux aswell- prevacid is my best friend-- mine is so bad i have to take 2 aday, everyday!! i miss one i am fucked , my stomach and heartburn get so unsettled
acid reflux is nothing to mess with-- gone unchecked it can cause extensive damage-- some cases cancer

because i let it go for longer than i should have i now have to go yearly
to have a camera shoved down my throat-- the acid ate a small hole into my esophogus [sp] so they now have to keep tabs on it to make sure it does not get any larger

i deal w/ this shit every day as well bros. tagamet seems to work the best for me but i always keep a pack of rolaids on me.

when i keto it seems to get better but always comes back.

I've been dealing with this for the last year, it was brutal but the drug nexium has fixed it for now
go see your doc

i get it so bad somtimes that i cant function, especicaly when im hungover, for now a good idea like dirty-dog said keep a pack of rolayds on you when you start getting the burn pop about 4 of them they work quite well but they wont cure it see a doctor

with my acid reflux, I can eat a whole package of rollaids and it does nothing, only thing that works is presciption meds

Thanks guys for the responses. Seems like this is a very common problem. I know my weight and possibly the foods and quanity i eat is part of the problem.

Sorry House to hear about the whole camera thing. That has to suck hope it doesn't get worse. I probably set up a visit with my doctor.

Thanks again.

nexium works amazing

1 in the morning or before bed and you can eat anything

thing is when you stop it goes back t normal

did for me anyway

yeah...i had that shit too...i was on prevacid ED for about 4 years...then after a while, it stopped working...went and had the camera thing done and i had a heital hernia...couple of months later went in for laproscopic surgery...now i have (6) 3/4" cuts on my abs from the surgery...they aren't very noticable if i get some sun...but i haven't had one case of acid reflux or heartburn in over 2 years...that is when i had the surgery...

Back