Heart

Easto said:
I don't think you have to be too worried if you are over 120/80. I am reading a CPR book (have to get certified if I want to be a cop) and it says that under 140/90 is okay. If you are over 140/90 for a peroid of time (a couple check ups) then you should do something about it.

That's what I used to think.

My bp ran about 140/90 for the past 10 years. Guess what? My doc did an EKG and treadmill stress test and I've got some left ventricular wall thickening *from just being 140/90 for that long*.

can the heart problems and LVH be reversed after a cycle by losing weight, eating right, doing cardio, and easing on the weightlifting, or is that a permanant effect? I ask because my ecg was abnormal and I have slightly high but not alarming bp after 4 weeks on deca. I mainly had these problems start after incorporating intense cardio...not that that's correlated, but its possible.

paintrain said:
can the heart problems and LVH be reversed after a cycle by losing weight, eating right, doing cardio, and easing on the weightlifting, or is that a permanant effect? I ask because my ecg was abnormal and I have slightly high but not alarming bp after 4 weeks on deca. I mainly had these problems start after incorporating intense cardio...not that that's correlated, but its possible.

Read the post 2 above yours...

hhajdo said:
It is concluded that the massive long term abuse of anabolic androgenic steroids leads to a slight increase of systolic blood pressure in the high normal range and an increase in left ventricular wall thickness with an impairment in left ventricular diastolic function as well to negative alterations in lipid metabolism, liver function and hormones of the hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis.

The alterations were reversible in most cases after stopping the medication for longer periods. In cases of some individuals the testosterone synthesis was suppressed even years after ceasing anabolic androgenic steroid abuse. Even several years after ceasing anabolic steroid abuse there can be found at least a tendencial concentric LVH with impaired diastolic function in strength athletes.

Heriditary heart disease only relates to your parents.You have a greater chance of cardiovascular disese if your father has been diagnosed with cv. disease before the age of 50 and your mother at 55. Regular blood work and blood pressure checks would be important if you decide to take AS. However, if you really want to make sure you do not express a genetic dispositon, you should stick with creatine and other sups. The former enjoyable, but thats just me....

Back