Heating oil before hand?

robdog

I was told that before you add your oil to the ba,bb and powder its best to heat it as it can make the powder go clumpy is this right?

Also is it best to mix powder with BA and BB them let that dissolve first? Or mix it all together?

Ive had some advice off a friend and he knows what he doing but im just double checking and as i dont want anything to go wrong.

It really doesn't matter. Personally I put my powders in my beaker then add BA, BB, and oil (not heated) then heat the whole thing and throw it on my magnetic stirrer.

SoCo4Fun said:
It really doesn't matter. Personally I put my powders in my beaker then add BA, BB, and oil (not heated) then heat the whole thing and throw it on my magnetic stirrer.

That's exactly my procedure!

the only thing is that i don't have a magnetic stirrer!
But I do have a dessertspoon :D

I have a magnetic stirrer as well, and to be honest I dont bother using it really. I use the thing as a hotplate - long ester gear goes into solution so easily its really no biggie either way. Did I mention I hate short esters?

Naw I'm right there with you guys. I used to love short esters but after sticking myself SOOOO many times I stick with long esters. Test e/tren e is yummy!

Back