Help fellas... having a lot of trouble making injectables...

AussieThunder

Well I thought this would be pretty easy. Just follow the directions of the calculator posted here: http://absinth.greatnow.com/calcpowder2.html
and make up my test enanthate.
I decided to make 10ml at 250mg/ml to start off with. I used this calculator and found out I needed 2.5g of powder, 6.9ml of oil, 0.2ml BA (2%) and 1ml BB (10%). After going through the dissolving and mixing process, then filtering through a .45 filter, I found out that it only made just over 8ml instead of 10ml.
I left 1ml of oil out of my mix, which I later used to purge the filter.
Still all I could get out of this was 8ml!
Has anyone else had this problem? Apparently a lot of people consider this calculator reliable. If it is, where have I gone wrong?
If I add 2ml of oil to my vial now, I won't have 250mg of test E per ml will I?
What should I do?
Thanks.

Forgot to mention that the other trouble I had was that toward the end of the filtering process, oil started to come out through the top of the venting needle, which wasted a bit of oil. How do I prevent this from happening?
Thanx.

Make sure the venting needle isnt in the oil in the vial, otherwise the pressure will push the oil out. Not sure why you ended up with 8 mls only.

make bigger batches. you always gonna have some waste so the bigger the batch the smaller % of waste is. loosing 2ml in a conmversion is not uncommon but 2 ml of 10ml is more than 2ml of 100ml.

you dont need bb for enan.

Thanks, I realized that the venting needle must have been pushed too far in. The oil only started to extrude from it at the end when the oil level in the vial became higher.
I only used BB because I wanted to make a thinner and thus less painful solution.

AussieThunder said:
Thanks, I realized that the venting needle must have been pushed too far in. The oil only started to extrude from it at the end when the oil level in the vial became higher.
I only used BB because I wanted to make a thinner and thus less painful solution.

thinner does not mean less painfull.

Oil is not painfull. I never use BB unless I pretty much have to.

How is 8ml+1ml still 8ml? Why are you only making tiny 10cc batches? The whole filtering process is a bit of a bitch, I'd rather mix it all up or half of what I have at a time. If I have 50 grams of stuff I make it all in one sitting.

Mudge said:
Oil is not painfull. I never use BB unless I pretty much have to.

How is 8ml+1ml still 8ml? Why are you only making tiny 10cc batches? The whole filtering process is a bit of a bitch, I'd rather mix it all up or half of what I have at a time. If I have 50 grams of stuff I make it all in one sitting.

yup 1 filter will do well over 100ml.

Back