help? low t, ED, depression, libido, stomach fat 29

djrich

Hey guys, trying to wrap my head around the forum and issues. Seems very complicated. If anyone has any tips that would be super helpful.

Basically, 29 White Male diagnosed with hypothroidism unspecified at 25, takes 25mg levothyroxin QD PO. complains of central obesity, depression ("feeling low"), low libido, and upon observation has central obesity.

works out frequently, cholesterol normal, bp normal, breaths normal, clear and normal lung and heart sounds.

labs show testosterone on the low side, but WNL.

test amount WNL
Testosterone, Tot (Males), IA 394 300-890 ng/dL
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 39 10-50 nmol/L
Testosterone, Free (Calc) 72.1 47.0-244.0 pg/mL
Testosterone, % Free (Calc) 1.8 1.6-2.9 %

Name Value Reference Range
Free T4 1.30 0.80-1.80 ng/dL

TSH 1.385 0.350-4.500 uIU/mL

T3, Free 3.2 2.3-4.2 pg/mL

would something like an androil (Testosterone undecanoate) PO make sense? pt wants to avoid injections. i'm thinking with the symptoms of hypothyroidism a trt could be favorable.

dx hypogonadism
ddx prescription hgh?

Living in thailand, not great access to knowledgable doctors on these types of issues. especially related to hypothyroidism.
6'1", 185lbs: 24.4 BMI Normal

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

However, fat is stored centrally, because of the hypothyrodism. Additionally, the pt does work out often, which has helped lower cholesterol and BP, however they find it difficult to gain muscle definition and decrease body fat despite diet and exercise.

This is leading me towards thinking of testosterone undecanoate or oxymetholone

Something to combat that side of the axis.

Thoughts? Should i try switching to armour thyroid? try a low dose of test, dbol, oxymeth? i wanted to stay away from androgel (gels).

Thoughts? Should i try switching to armour thyroid? try a low dose of test, dbol, oxymeth? i wanted to stay away from androgel (gels).

should you try low dose DBOL !? Dbol is great for body builders and power lifters, but it won't do anything but F you up more in the long term.

try a natty restart to increase your natural test levels. something like Clomid and HCG

second time i've heard about clomid, maybe you're on to something.

ive been trying to bulk up for years and have felt pretty endomorphic. currently dont get the gains i'm looking for despite diet and routine. with lower t i was thinking androlic or something to boost for a month or two.

thanks roush! you wouldn't suggest something like testosterone undecanoate to boost the low t?

test undecanoate is NOT going to boost your naturally low T . Its going to completely shut down your natural production, and then replace it with only the T that comes from the needle. if you decide you don't want to depend on injecting testosterone for the rest of your life, then in the long run injecting test now is only going to make it more difficult to recover later.

fyi - i had a natty test level of 167 is all . I do depend on test injections and will be on them the rest of my life . your level of 394 is a bit low but completely acceptable. i'd try to boost it naturally first before committing to TRT for life

second time i've heard about clomid, maybe you're on to something.

ive been trying to bulk up for years and have felt pretty endomorphic. currently dont get the gains i'm looking for despite diet and routine. with lower t i was thinking androlic or something to boost for a month or two.

its difficult to make muscle gains if your test levels are below optimal

this is a whole different conversation then the one about TRT . IF you want performance and physique enhancement , and your going to commit to that with an optimal diet and training protocol , well by all means sure, run some gear. Start with 500mg a week of test for 12 weeks, believe me you'll make gains .

just remember if you commit to enhancement, your natty T levels will crash and be even more difficult to recover. but most guys know this going into it and they accept that. if your getting on TRT for life , then that no longer matters if your test levels are crashed.
mine have been crashed for 5+ years , so I run cycles of gear all the time with no worries about my natty test levels

Back