Help me with powder weight

Matthew121

I am banned!
So, I tried using the calc that was posted in the sticky, but Im not sure how to read it.

So I have been using the absinth calc which is really easy to use.
However, my last batch that was supposed to be 185ml of test e, came out to almost 200ml...

All of my measurements were pretty damn accurate, I could see maybe a couple extra ml or something.

The whole reason I home brew is so I know exactly what I am getting. I hate that I cant get it dialed in.

Yesterday I made a batch of 25ml of test e @ 350mg/ml. I ended up with about 1-2ml extra.
I wanted to try a smaller batch so that if the same thing happened I wouldnt lose as much potency.

Can anyone help me with an accurate powder weight for prop, and enenthate?

Both batches I made of them that were 165ml and the 185ml came out to almost 200ml..

frustrating, thanks guys.

(I was using 75 as the powder weight btw)

Hey your problem with too much OIL, most likely isn't a powder problem, I would guess you are adding in too much solvent. Whats your recipe look like? What are the compounds plus the MG and ML, I can help

Well I was making an odd batch, like I said they were 165ml, and 185ml.

But with prop (165) I did 2% and 18%
with test e I did 2% and 12%

If I enter your numbers I get a mixture of around 201ml's instead of the 185 test. If I change the powder weight to .85 like it should be, it only reduces the oil amount by 6 ml's so you would still end up with more then 185 ml's

So what do you recommend I do? Just make small batches? I prefer to make atleast 100ml so I'm not wasting a bottle top filter on low quantity

Since I'm failry new to all this myself, I'd rather Starks or Chris chime in here with a possible solution. I'm the same as you though, I'd rather do batches of 100ml to keep from waisting filters. Not sure where you are but the filters are a fortune here

Can anyone help me with an accurate powder weight for prop, and enenthate?

Both batches I made of them that were 165ml and the 185ml came out to almost 200ml..

You might want to try a simpler way. Just add all all your ingredients into a volume measuring device, and then fill up with oil until you reach the volume that you want! :biggthump

For example, let's say you want to make

100ml Test Prop @
100mg/ml
2% BA
15% BB (not recommended; just an example)

this is what you do:

Step 1: Calculate how much ingredients you need (powder, BA, BB)

POWDER
100mg/ml x 100ml => 10,000mg (or 10g of Prop)​

BA 2%
2/100 x 100ml => 2 ml of BA

BB 15%
15/100 x 100ml => 15 ml of BB

Step 2: Put all your ingredients into a beaker with volume indicator and mix them

Step 3: Add oil in until the volume reads 100ml. That's it!

:beertoast

I think to find out the exact powder weight for your substance you could heat it up (for example 10 grams) until the powder melts. Then pull all of this into a syringe to get a precise measurement on the volume.

Powder weight is the displacement of the powder when it turns to liquid. Powder weight of 0.75 means 10 grams powder turns into 7.5ml liquid.

You might want to try a simpler way. Just add all all your ingredients into a volume measuring device, and then fill up with oil until you reach the volume that you want! :biggthump

For example, let's say you want to make

100ml Test Prop @
100mg/ml
2% BA
15% BB (not recommended; just an example)

this is what you do:

Step 1: Calculate how much ingredients you need (powder, BA, BB)

POWDER
100mg/ml x 100ml => 10,000mg (or 10g of Prop)​

BA 2%
2/100 x 100ml => 2 ml of BA

BB 15%
15/100 x 100ml => 15 ml of BB

Step 2: Put all your ingredients into a beaker with volume indicator and mix them

Step 3: Add oil in until the volume reads 100ml. That's it!

:beertoast

this actually sounds pretty promising.
I think I may do that next batch.

Back