Help me witht his conversion.. cc's and iu's

Johny J

never gonna be a ***
There are 100 i.u.'s in 1 cc\ml, correct?

Because i see people saying to take 5000i.u.'s of hcg, and that would mean 50cc's of liquid. I am lost here. On my insulin pins, it says that there is 100 iu's in a ml.

Your definitely right about the conversion on the pin bro.. 1ml=100iu's. I cant help you out with firsthand info on the HCG, but common sense would tell me you need a bigger pin???????? BUMP for some one who knows the answer to this!!!!!!

rpwhit777 said:
Your definitely right about the conversion on the pin bro.. 1ml=100iu's. I cant help you out with firsthand info on the HCG, but common sense would tell me you need a bigger pin???????? BUMP for some one who knows the answer to this!!!!!!
You would need a turkey baister!! Are i.u's perhaps a measure ment of the amount of drug, like mg's? Or i it a measure ment of the liquid.

Johny, this is the problem.........international units measure mass, not volume and are different according to the substance in question. Inulin iu's are far different than GH iu's or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) iu's or b12 iu's. An international committee of scientists determines the "expected" mass per iu of many drugs.
Insulin syringes just happen to be standardized to convert insulin iu's to cc/ml's. As you know, this doesn't apply to , say, GH. You have to do a conversion.
It's the same thing with HCG......you will end up with 5000iu's in mass no matter how much dilutent you use. I would use 2 or 3 cc's sterile water with that and make up 2 injections, although it's ok to do all 5000 in one. I generally try to get in 20 to 25,000 iu's over the course of 2 weeks, divided into equal injections every 2 or 3 days.
Think of Saizen vs Serostim. Made by the same company, exact same GH. But Serostim dilutes 18iu in one cc/ml, while Saizen dilutes .75iu in one cc/ml.

thanks ironmaster. I appreciate it. I was wondering cause i wanted to make sure i had the math right when i start using this igf-1. I will let yuou know how it goes :)

interesting, im on saizen and am now confused. out of the 10 cc bw i put 3 cc in the smaller bottle. i thought that gave me 15 iu of growth, with 1 iu=20 on a slin dart, is that wrong? :(

Last edited:
I thought that 1 iu=10 on the slin pin. I don't know a whole lot about the conversion process.

well the waffer bottle says 5mg/15iu, so add 3 cc bw which should give me 5 iu gh per 1cc of mixture...a slin dart is 1cc (at least the ones i have are) which equates to the follwing markings on my slin darts:
20 or .2cc=1iu
40 or .4cc=2iu
60 or .6cc=3iu
80 or .8cc=4iu
100 or 1cc=5iu

at least that was my goofy logic.

You guys should have paid attention in chemistry class. IU is a measure of mass, not volume. IU/cc or IU/ml is the same thing--it is a concentration. Now onto a practical application. I have one vial of saizen (or any HGH) that contains 5mg of HGH. First, we need to convert the mg's to IU. To do that, we multiply the number of mg's by 3. So, 5 X 3=15. We have 15IU in the vial. Now suppose I dilute the 15IU with 3ml's (or cc's) of water. What is the concentration (IU/ml) in the vial? To figure that, we divide the number of IU's (15) by the ml's of water (in this case, it is 3ml's. So, 15/3=5. the concentration inside the vial is 5IU per ml. If you want to take 5IU daily, then you will inject 1ml of this solution.

Remember, IU is a measure of mass; cc or ml is a measure of volume. You can create any concentration you need.

Back