Help my arms grow...PLEASE!!!

RonZoid12

hey guys, i need some help with my arms. I have tried everything bi/tri supersets, going heavy with low and forced reps, moderate reps and weight but my arms don't grow nearly as well as the rest of my body. Do you guys have any ideas i will try anything!
thankz

ronzoid

- SOUND GENETIC!
- what do you do for arms and when? How is your form?
- maybe try to avoid direct arm work for a few weeks and see if that helps
peace
j

Yeah. It sounds likegenetics to me as well. Here's my arm routine. My arms are 18.25 inches cold which is a result of the following routine.

Tris: Close grip bench (smith machine) 2 warmup sets @ 135#
1 x 12 @ 185#
1 x 10 @ 225#
1 x 8 @ 275#

Nose Breakers 1 x 12 @ 155#
1 x 10 @ 175#
1 x 8 @ 185#

Tricep Pushdowns (cable) 3 sets x 12 reps heavy

Weighted Dips 2 x failure

Bis: Standing Barbell Curls 2 warmup sets @ 95#
1 x 12 @ 115#
1 x 10 @ 125#
2 x 6 @ 135#

Preacher Curl w/EZ-Curl Bar 3 x 12, 10, 8 HEAVY
One-Arm dumbell concentration curls 2 x 12
Hammer Curls 2 x 12

I train tris then follow with bis. Minimize rest between set, keep intensity up. This has put over 2 inches on my arms in the past 8 months.

lower every set by at least one and add lbs. eat more.
and also how is ur split? how often do u train ur arms per week? including chest and back work outs. for me .... one week i train super heavy back and chest and than the next i train super heavy arms and go light on my majors.

also try and fool ur arms as much as possible. skip supersets. try the rotary method. its quite effective.
example. bi's-----------do ur standard warmup. than do one heavy set of dumbell curls for 6(very heavy). than wait 2 mins do one very heavy set of ez bar curls.(very heavy). thaN do 1 set of very heavy seated hammer curls. or one heavy set of preachers. than work ur way back. ie, ur last set in this rotation, is say preachers, than ur first set in the next rotation should also be preachers.

and the next time u work ur bis change excercises. supplement preachers for reverser curls . or str8 bar curls. dont let ur arms adjust. confuse them.make them prepare for anything and they will grow accordingly. you should also check out the post top ten mistakes in bb. its somewere on here. its very inspiring. if u ask me.

also the 5x5 method is supreme for building a steady increase in strength.
hope i helped u
out'

Last edited:
Make shure that you aren't ovetraing the arms many people have their, chest, shoulders and tricep days located to close together. All of these muscle groups are invloved somehow with many movements so you should try giving them a little mor reast. Also don't train you back and arms to closely together. Another way to get around this is to train your tricep on the same day as your chest or shoulders. You could also choose to train back and biceps together. In this manner you will stimulate the biceps only once a week so they will have an entire week to recover bwtween workout.
Try this split
Mon Chest+tris
Tue Back+bis
wed rest
thur:shoulder+traps
Friday: legs
Week end rest
You must also focus on your nutrition, sumpplemetation and proper amounts of sleep.

once i went to a high intensity push/pull 3 day a week program my arms finally grew again . each day focus on 2 big exercises(compound) , more or less focussed primarily on the big 3 lifts (squat , bench , deadlifts)and each training day give that big 1st lift your most on heavy low reps around 3 to 4 each set . keep heavy working sets to no more than 3 to 4 on the 1st lift & 2 for the other 2 lifts or so . heres a example :

day 1 : legs&abs
barbell squat (3 warm ups progressively heavier) 4 work sets heavy
stiff leg deadlifts (2 warm up sets prog. heavier) 3 work sets heavy
leg press (1 feel set) 2 working sets moderate reps
good mornings (1 warm up) 1 work sets heavy
seated and standing calf raises 2 work sets each
finish day with ab work
(NEXT DAY OFF)
day 2 : chest , delts , tric.
barbell bench pr.(3 prog. heavier warm ups) 3 work sets heavy
incline dumb. bench pr.(1 feel set) 2 work sets heavy
dumbell delt pr.(1 warm up) 2 work sets heavy
close grip bench pr.(1 feel set) 2 work sets heavy
1-arm dumb. side lateral raise (1 feel set) 2 work sets heavy
body wieght dips 1 set heavy
(NEXT DAY OFF)
day 3 : back , traps , biceps,wrist
deadlifts (4 prog. heavier warm ups) 3 work sets heavy
barbell rows (2 warm ups) 3 work sets heavy
barbell shrugs (1 warm up) 2 work sets heavy
close grip pull ups (1 feel set and a bic. warm up) 2 work sets heavy
alt. dumbell curls (1 warm up) 2 work sets heavy
bar reverse grip curls(1 warm up) 2 work sets heavy
1-arm dumbell wrist curls(2 warm ups) 2 work sets heavy

note : each week i personally alternate my stiff and regular deadlifts in and out of my rutien so everyweek im only doing one or the other so for example if 1 week i do regular deads on back day i replace stiff legs with lying leg curls but i keep in goodmornings and add a set of those. as for a deadlift replacement i put bar rows 1st that day and simply add 3 sets @ the end of back trainming before biceps of rows with a wider grip , lighter wieghts and bring bar more to mid chest rather than my waist .
last thing to mention is if you dont wiegh much and can easily do your own body wieght on pull ups / dips even after the other previose sets then just add wieght with a belt .
DONT DO ANY MORE ARM WORK THAN WHATS HERE !!! ALSO IF YOU NEED A EXTRA DAY OFF THEN THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROB THERE , IN FACT IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU !!!

P.S. YOU BETTER READ THIS DAMN POST AGAIN & AT LEAST TRY MY ADVICE 6 WEEKS AFTER I TYPED ALL THE FUCKING SHIT TRYIN TO HELP !!!

I beleive alot of people think that because the biceps don't take as many sets that they don't have to push as hard and don't concentrate very well. Try some high volume training 1 day for your biceps and do 15 sets, this will also help you realize you must get this same feeling and concentration in as little as 6 sets. I also suggest you do hammer curls one arm at a time to keep the TUT (time under tension sufficient) many people do alternating hammer curls which I beleive allows too much rest and easing of concentration. I did this volume training one week one day and got my biceps out of a 5 month rut of 16 inches to 16.5 inches. There is soooo much advice to give but you MUST remember to use mind muscle connection. Don't go to failure but push past the pain.

Back