Help with recent lab results

hellion

Just got lab results back today. Hematocrit, hemoglobin and RBC's were elevated obviously. Taking 200mg/wk test cyp and 250 mg/wk of deca. My endocrinologist is flipping the fuk out. He is considering taking me off HRT. He wants to rerun CBC in two weeks. In the meantime I have an appointment to donate blood next week. I have two questions:

How long after donating blood should I wait to get blood work done again?

Should I continue with test and deca as usual or lay off?

Any help would be appreciated

CBC levels drop instantly after donation.

If your doc is going to drop you, bad idea to continue obviously. But why didnt you go with a private lab?

What is your hematocrit %? You may not be able to donate.

Hematocrtit is 55.8% Not sure I understand what u mean by private lab.. Went to doc he ordered a shit load of test everything else was normal. He doesnt know I am on deca for joints.

Hematocrtit is 55.8% Not sure I understand what u mean by private lab.. Went to doc he ordered a shit load of test everything else was normal. He doesnt know I am on deca for joints.

I doubt you're going to be able to donate. Your blood is too thick, they will test it prior to donation and you will be rejected. I would go to the doctor and ask him to write you a prescription for a therapeutic phlebotomy. Once you have that done, it should bring you down to around 52%. Then you can donate. That should be 2 pints total between script and donation.

Doc wants me to see a hematologist thinks I may have polycythemia vera...we both know i dont that its the test and deca causing the increase...i doubt he will write for phlebotomy.

Doc wants me to see a hematologist thinks I may have polycythemia vera...we both know i dont that its the test and deca causing the increase...i doubt he will write for phlebotomy.

Then you need to drain yourself. Those numbers are no good man, I'm sure you know that.

How long does it take for hematocrit to return to normal? I have been taking baby aspirin every day for a year. Does that even help.

How long does it take for hematocrit to return to normal? I have been taking baby aspirin every day for a year. Does that even help.

Nothing on earth can lower levels other than removing blood. Blood is there to stay, until you remove it.

Wow did not know that...so basically I'm fuked...How does one drain themselves????

Ask your doc 1st man. Don't assume he won't do it. He knows you're at a high risk for deep vein thrombosis, he HAS to write you a script. It's unethical not to.

Why the hell would he want to retest with a CBC if he knows that the levels will not change?

Because you have a weak doctor. Probably just wants to see the rate of increase to confirm his diagnosis. Silly waste of time and leaving a patient at risk. You need to fire him very soon.

wow thats crazy at 55%. Thanks bro u have been a tremendous help
Yeah it's pretty thick. I normally drain myself but it was trickling out so slow, I couldn't keep a good flow. So I went ahead and got a prescription. They had to replace the needle halfway through because it got clogged.

Best of luck man.

U think i fuked my values up by adding the deca on the side. i mean the dosages are so low. I couldnt imagine if I was taking more

U think i fuked my values up by adding the deca on the side. i mean the dosages are so low. I couldnt imagine if I was taking more

No. You just crossed the danger zone. So you're still in preliminary stages. This is probably accumulated over time. Going forward, once you get your hematocrit down, make a habit of donating every 2 to 3 months and you won't have this issue anymore. This is standard procedure for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patients like you and me. This is why I always emphasize to everyone to monitor their blood on cycles. Steroids suppress the master iron and the brain responds by asking red bone marrow to produce more and more, raising your numbers ridiculously. your body doesn't understand that your blood is too thick, it just understands that there is suppression, and keeps producing.

Unfortunately, that's not a good thing and your heart is working twice as hard to pump through the mud-consistency-like blood. This is how clots happen. Lot's of older folks who don't get blood work regularly get clots this way. One of the main causes from smoking, too. It thickens blood.

Last edited:
Great info maybe you sould be a doctor Why the fuk didnt my doc suggest this on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) since March of this year.

Great info maybe you sould be a doctor Why the fuk didnt my doc suggest this on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) since March of this year.

It's not easy finding a good and up to date endo. I fired 4 before I found the one I have now. Don't be afraid to demand attention from your doctor, remember... he works for you, not the other way around.

Back