Help with recent lab results

Where do you go to get a therapeutic phlebotomy?

Some blood banks will do it, hospitals, clinics, etc... just google "Therapeutic phlebotomy" and add your city name in the search. Call a few places and ask them what they need. They will ask for your doctors info so that he can send them your blood work to verify necessity. If it's within a week or 2, they will accept his bloodwork, if not, they may require a CBC, which they can do on-sight in 20 minutes.

Thanks bro u r a wealth of knowledge. i appreciate ur time and patience with my questions

good luck, hellion. Keep us updated on your progress. Meanwhile, get some L-Citrulline and dose at a gram every 4 to 5 hours that you're awake so that you can dilate your vessels and ease the flow.

Have a powerful day.

Last edited:
They prick your finger and let it bleed into a small plastic tube, then they plug into a machine that reads your HCT.

I just donated at a red cross yesterday. When I got the finger prick and she plugged the test thing into the machine the results were Hb hemoglobin, no mention of of HCT. my hb was at 17.9 she told me all they are concerned with is that
the hb is above 12.9 Nothing else at that point.
was high my last blood test so I was concerned I'd get turned away because of info off this board.

Maybe it's different in Texas but this is how it went for me at the red cross.

I just donated at a red cross yesterday. When I got the finger prick and she plugged the test thing into the machine the results were Hb hemoglobin, no mention of of HCT. my hb was at 17.9 she told me all they are concerned with is that
the hb is above 12.9 Nothing else at that point.
was high my last blood test so I was concerned I'd get turned away because of info off this board.

Maybe it's different in Texas but this is how it went for me at the red cross.

HB works, you can get hct/rbc from any of these numbers.

By the way the needle she used to spike my vien was fucking huge. Bigger than 18g i couldn't believe it! I had considered doing a blood drain on myself and thought that 18g would be intimidating to stab a vien.... Not any more an 18 on my own will be fine.

By the way the needle she used to spike my vien was fucking huge. Bigger than 18g i couldn't believe it! I had considered doing a blood drain on myself and thought that 18g would be intimidating to stab a vien.... Not any more an 18 on my own will be fine.

Yeah they use 16g, very common. I use an 18 when I drain myself. But there are places, like where I got my phlebotomy, they used a 20 gauge. But that's rare.

Back