Help with TRT prop protocol

Natehayes

I was hopping for some insight from all the knowledgable people here about some issues I was having with my TRT protocol. I know there is a forum for TRT, but since due to circumstances I am going it self-prescribed at the moment I did not want to post there.

I have had water retaining issues in the past when using cyp for TRT, so I decided to give prop a shot since I don't mind daily injections. I have been injecting 50mg a day along with 25mg of Proviron. All was fine in the beginning (first 3 weeks) but then I started having some issues with pre-existing gyno so I added in low dose letro (.625) EOD. I have Aromasin on hand but can not use it due to an unusual hyper sensitivity to it. Even small doses of that stuff crash my E big time.

My problem is I have been feeling very sleepy and lethargic the past 2 weeks. No joint pain or anything, and I still get the morning wood so I don't think my E is crashed, but can not be sure because I am stuck in NY where you can not get any bloodworm done without a Dr's prescription.

I am not sure how to get out of this lethargic slump I am in . I would gladly increase or decrease the prop, increase/decrease or drop the Proviron altogether, and same with the letro. I'm just looking for some guidance from someone with some experience.

By the way, my BP tends to be borderline and has actually been quite good lately. If that means anything to anyone.

Thanks for any help!

why run prop.. you need to run e or cyp for a few weeks.. get bloodwork done. then see whether or not you need an ai....

running prop is a temp fix.. youre going to get tired of injecting so often

I'll try and switch over to the Enth (I have some on hand), but will not be able to do any bloodwork. No insurance at the moment and you can't do the request lab work thing here in NY state because it's illegal, so I'm kind of screwed in that regard.

Long story short I lost my job because I decided it was more important to take care of my sister while she was dying of cancer. Money is way too tight right now to pay for DR visits and bloodworm out of pocket.

350mgs per week really isn't a trt dose. 50mgs every other day would be more like a trt dose. Did u ever look into Arimidex? U don't want to mess with letro at that dose. Megatron got in his signature where you can get bloodwork done.

350mgs per week really isn't a trt dose. 50mgs every other day would be more like a trt dose. Did u ever look into Arimidex? U don't want to mess with letro at that dose. Megatron got in his signature where you can get bloodwork done.

Yeah, I'm sure your right it is probably high. I have not looked into Arimidex yet, but will do so. I happened to have the letro on hand so I was giving it a shot.

A lot of people have given advice on getting labs from that place, I am very familiar with it. The problem is they do not operate in NY state because labs not ordered by a DR are illegal here. I know it's crazy, but that is the reality.

I may try to switch over to the Enth and go back to my previous TRT does (200mg a week) to see if that might make a difference.

If it makes a difference my last blood test (about 6 months ago) prior to restarting try showed the following:

Total test: 148
SHGB: 18.7
Free test: 3.7
TSH: 3.7
Prolactin: 4.4

Bloodwork from 4 months ago (after starting gel):
Test: 248
SHBG: 20.2
Free test: 7.01
LH: 3.5
FSH: 2.2
Prolactin: 2.7
Estradiol: 20

If it makes a difference my last blood test (about 6 months ago) prior to restarting try showed the following:

Total test: 148
SHGB: 18.7
Free test: 3.7
TSH: 3.7
Prolactin: 4.4

Bloodwork from 4 months ago (after starting gel):
Test: 248
SHBG: 20.2
Free test: 7.01
LH: 3.5
FSH: 2.2
Prolactin: 2.7
Estradiol: 20

In addition to your secondary hypogonadism, you should talk to your doctor about your thyroid. Your TSH indicates that you might have hypothyroidism. This can cause Low T.

Picked up some iodine to see if I can get my thyroid up an doing better without having to resort to T4.

Still with the prop, because I like it better than the cyp or enth. Trying 30mg EOD to bring the dosage down a bit.

Dropped the proviron, and the letro since the gyno has calmed down.

Will let you all know how it goes!

Last edited:
Back